DTS audio music (5.1 channel) is better or CD Audio (Stereo Audio) music?

Hi Guys,
I just watched luck and love aaj kal at home on DVD. The songs of love Aaj Kal in 5.1 format are just awesome. The guys who love hindi music, should give a listen to these 5.1 songs. specially, twist , aahun aahun and chor bazari. and from "luck" listen the last song where movie ends. All these songs you will find a very solid punch from the sub, and some of then have nice surrounds.

some more songs to listen in 5.1 are (only for hindi song lovers)
1: Gupt (as mentioned this movie previously)
2: Hum Dil de chuke sanam
3: Ta Ra Rum Pum (Specially hey Shona and ab to forever)
4: Jaane tu ya jaane na
5: Rab ne bana di jodi
6: Dhoom 2 (Specially Crazy Kiya Re)
7: Kismat Connection ( Aai Paapi)
8: Cash ( Mind Blowing Mahia)
9: Anwar ( Maula Mere maula)
10: Dil Se (Chayya Chayya, jiya jale)

If you guys have more to add in this list please let me know.

enjoy DTS songs...

it is all about what floats your boat -

for me -

i have heard music of different genres, including hindi pop on-

(1) very high end two-channel stereo

(2) not so high-end 5.1 (marantz) systems.

two-channel stereo is able to create a very convincing image with 3d effect and real 'body' of the vocalists and the musical instruments and the mind is able to "place" the performers on a stage - this is very enjoyable and addictive.

5.1 systems (7.1 systems) do not seem to be able to do this, perhaps because the recording engineers have not mastered their art? there is a lot of good sounding sound but the mind is not able to locate the performers precisely, and, as of today, best reserved for movies

IMO, Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City Dolby TrueHD 5.1 96 Khz/24-bit wins hands down over any DTS audio or CD-Audio that I heard of.:cool:

In my opinion, physics so far could not make a permanent storing media for analogue signals which is free of noise and can store for long time. Thats the reason we need to depend on digital technology which is no way related to realworld source or sink (both the instruments, voice, and human senses are extreme analogues).
Hope physicist will succeed in inventing a record media which can capture auiod/video in full analogue and store it (freezing the original quality) for a long time like digital media....
I belive, once this is available, then it will be the end of CD, DVD, etc....

Last edited:
... All these songs you will find a very solid punch from the sub, and some of then have nice surrounds.

some more songs to listen in 5.1 are (only for hindi song lovers)
Hum Dil de chuke sanam

Hey AKSHAYE!!! Which DVD of hum Dil de Chuke Sanam do you have?? Eros or Shemaroo or some other?

Don't tell me that the 5.1 in Eros sounds good. Eros just converted the original 5.1 to mono, then panned it to 5.1 channels with disorted, hissing and shit sound!!! :indifferent14:

Please comment akshaye!!

IMO, Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City Dolby TrueHD 5.1 96 Khz/24-bit wins hands down over any DTS audio or CD-Audio that I heard of.:cool:

+1 to that. I've only seen and heard "Crush" from this show on a DD demo CD and it was an amazing piece of music from Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds. It was superb even on plain old DD 5.1.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back