DTS CDs aka 5.1 Music Discs in DELHI

swami

Hi,

Very specifically I want to know if there is any shop in Delhi which sells 5.1 DTS CDs. The CDs that can be played in a normal CD player but decoded by a DTD decoding receiver.

I have inquired in a Planet M in Connaught Place on the phone, the lady immediately turned down the phone saying "We don't keep all these CDs". She suggested to try in the Planet M of Select City Walk which is Delhi's largest. Will try that later.

If anyone of you can shed info on any dealer of Delhi, please help me with that.

P.S: I believe these discs can be played to 5.1 output in my Philips home theater which is capable of playing DTS DVDs. I hope DTS CD and DTS DVD have same decoding logic which my (or any DTS) HT should be able to handle.

Regards,
Swami

There is this massively huge Shopping Mall (Ambience Mall) in Gurgaon. Reliance has opened mega stores including Reliance Timeout. They sell Books, Music, Movies, Stationery etc. Its one big store.

Eagerly, I went and directly asked for DTS CDs (for any artist, any language). Response: All the CDs these days are "digital" so you can buy anything, Sir! Without saying a single word, I came back :)

This also immediately reminded me of the days (around 3 years back) when I went to some Music Worlds and Planet Ms in Bangalore, seaching for some DVD Audio discs. Staff there argued with me saying that all DVDs have audio so all are DVD Audios! I spent nearly hours to explain to them what I was really after, and had to come back home empty handed (and empty minded) :)

Anyone who can point me to a shop (or online store) where I can buy Indian/Imported DTS 5.1 music CDs? In Delhi prefereably, or anywhere in India.

Swami

There is this massively huge Shopping Mall (Ambience Mall) in Gurgaon. Reliance has opened mega stores including Reliance Timeout. They sell Books, Music, Movies, Stationery etc. Its one big store.

Eagerly, I went and directly asked for DTS CDs (for any artist, any language). Response: All the CDs these days are "digital" so you can buy anything, Sir! Without saying a single word, I came back :)

This also immediately reminded me of the days (around 3 years back) when I went to some Music Worlds and Planet Ms in Bangalore, seaching for some DVD Audio discs. Staff there argued with me saying that all DVDs have audio so all are DVD Audios! I spent nearly hours to explain to them what I was really after, and had to come back home empty handed (and empty minded) :)

Anyone who can point me to a shop (or online store) where I can buy Indian/Imported DTS 5.1 music CDs? In Delhi prefereably, or anywhere in India.

Swami

Swami, I totally understand your situation. I think us high res audio & DTS listeners are truly a minority. In the last trip to states, I had the same issue as the retailers do not stock them and the knowledge of them is pretty useless anyways. They want to talk more about downloads, HDMI 1.3 and 1080P. Its not their fault but the management at these retailers.

I finally ended up ordering a bunch from Amazon.com. Thats one place that you can get things relatively easily whenever you travel abroad.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back