Dual HDMI Out to Tv & Projector

kaptan

My Denon AVR x3000 had dual HDMI outputs. HDMI 1 is connected to the projector and HDMI 2 to the TV.

When I play a movie with DTS/Dolby tracks it just plays as stereo. But when I switch back to projector the avr signals DTS/ DTS HD. Not sure which I am missing over here.

I just wanted the video signal to be sent to TV.

This may be due to ARC setup or HDMI on connection in the AVR.

Try to off the HDMI control on setting and check the signals.

Also you can press info button in remote to check what signal is being given to AVR and what signal is output from AVR.

Or interchange the cables of projector to HDMI 2 and TV to HDMI 1.

I will check the HDMI control settings. When I play a DTS HD track from a bluray player. AVR signals as DTS HD when the Main zone is alone working. When I turn on Zone 2, the audio becomes Stereo. I wanted the video signal sent to the Zone 2 as well but the audio should not change to stereo.

This may be due to ARC setup or HDMI on connection in the AVR.

Try to off the HDMI control on setting and check the signals.

Also you can press info button in remote to check what signal is being given to AVR and what signal is output from AVR.

Or interchange the cables of projector to HDMI 2 and TV to HDMI 1.

Sir,

What is your setup. Is it 7.1 setup?

Please provide me more info about speaker connections. Are you trying to play same content on both zones or different contents.

Also check HDMI Audio Out settings in HDMI setup. I should be set as AVR.

By default zone 2 is set as stereo.

In the manual setting check AMP Assign mode set this to surround back and check.

Or Go to options and then select All Zone Stereo and check the same.

My Denon AVR x3000 had dual HDMI outputs. HDMI 1 is connected to the projector and HDMI 2 to the TV.

When I play a movie with DTS/Dolby tracks it just plays as stereo. But when I switch back to projector the avr signals DTS/ DTS HD. Not sure which I am missing over here.

I just wanted the video signal to be sent to TV.

Second HDMI out on your AVR is 'zone 2' not a HDMI 'monitor' out. You need an HDMI splitter here

Back