Dual Sub for denon 2400

Love4sound

Hi all,

I want some feed back on dual sub set up done on amps that do not have .2 discrete pre out for sub-woofers. Denon 2400 has 2 subwoofer pre-outs but it must be an internal y split taken from a single output. So my question is for users who have avrs's such has 2400 and have dual sub set up. Do you get a good output with huge improvements in getting a even, smooth and deep bass.

Last edited:
I doubt the receivers with dual sub out have just a Y connector inside. There is surely more to it than that. That More is the reason why the two subs can be independently tuned to the room. If it was just a Y connector, then independent tuning wouldn't be possible.

Regarding good output, there is only so much Audyssey can do. Right placement, room itself, etc add to the overall quality. However one thing for sure, two subs will definitely provide a more even spread of bass in the room than a single sub.

MaSh

I doubt the receivers with dual sub out have just a Y connector inside. There is surely more to it than that. That More is the reason why the two subs can be independently tuned to the room. If it was just a Y connector, then independent tuning wouldn't be possible.

Regarding good output, there is only so much Audyssey can do. Right placement, room itself, etc add to the overall quality. However one thing for sure, two subs will definitely provide a more even spread of bass in the room than a single sub.

MaSh
Yeah I know for a fact dual sub will provide even spread of bass. The thing is 2400 even though has 2 sub pre outs it can process only 7.1 and does not have Audyssey LFC unlike the higher models. The same applies for similar range avr’s from other brands as well so it definitely must be an internal y split.so just wanted to check with any one with similar avr with dual subs. I don’t want to end up getting a dual with disappointment. Getting enough base with the bic pl 200-ii since my HT set up is in a 10*12 bedroom. I am keeping the sub volume knob nd in avr to minimum and master volume to -30 nd lfe effects to -5 which itself is Producing room shaking bass

Denon 2400 is 7.2 avr, which means both the ports are independent. You could connect 2 subs independently.

Denon 2400 is 7.2 avr also listed on Denon.usa

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190106-121845.png
    Screenshot_20190106-121845.png
    608.9 KB · Views: 17
Denon 2400 is 7.2 avr also listed on Denon.usa
Please check the specs nd in multichannel surround column and It will be mentioned maximum processing channel is 7.1 nd for higher end models it will be mentioned 7.2. Since it has 2 pre outs it’s mentioned 7.2 avr. In the image 1st is 2400. 2nd is 3300 nd 3rd is 4300.

Attachments

• 5190E83A-6147-444C-BE94-5F0E18A1A3B9.png
    5190E83A-6147-444C-BE94-5F0E18A1A3B9.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Please check the specs nd in multichannel surround column and It will be mentioned maximum processing channel is 7.1 nd for higher end models it will be mentioned 7.2. Since it has 2 pre outs it’s mentioned 7.2 avr. In the image 1st is 2400. 2nd is 3300 nd 3rd is 4300.
Better to check with profx as the specs shown are different.

Different? No it is shown correct only. 7.2 avr means two subwoofer can be connected. But the channels it can process is 7.1 only.
If you can connect 2 sub and it process only one then what is the point of connecting two. I think you should be able to use two simultaneously.

If you can connect 2 sub and it process only one then what is the point of connecting two. I think you should be able to use two simultaneously.
No two subs will work. Just that the lfe signal will be split.But in higher end models the .2 output is discrete. So that is why I wanted find out if the performance is good before going for dua sub

No two subs will work. Just that the lfe signal will be split.But in higher end models the .2 output is discrete. So that is why I wanted find out if the performance is good before going for dua sub
The output of 2 sub is twice the output of one sub which means that they are independent signals and the signals are not divided to 2 outputs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190106-144341.png
    Screenshot_20190106-144341.png
    316.2 KB · Views: 10
That means that the output is twice of single subwoofer output
My understanding is its split lfe signals. Even for avrs that has only one sub pre-out there are pple who use a y splitter and use dual subs. In denon 3400 and above models the .2 out put is discrete. Therefore the processing channels wil be 7.2,9.2,11.2 etc. They also have Audyssey Lfc which is not available in denon 2400. Else why it is mentioned as 7.1 channel instead of 7.2. It will be helpful if some one using dual set up on 2400 or similar avr shares their exp

Last edited:
My understanding is its split lfe signals.
A quick look at the schematics of 2400 Main DAC shows only one output SW+, SW-
Further the volume module is also 8 channel.
I'm a bit rusty :confused: with reading, tracing electronic drawings, may be someone with better knowledge can confirm

A quick look at the schematics of 2400 Main DAC shows only one output SW+, SW-
Further the volume module is also 8 channel.
I'm a bit rusty :confused: with reading, tracing electronic drawings, may be someone with better knowledge can confirm

Ok l am just hoping to hear from some one using a dual sub set up in similar avr's

In dual subwoofer pre out , both the pre out carry the same signal as that of one sub pre-out. In lower model you can't independently configure the subwoofers . Only one settings is possible for both subwoofer so they needs to be same company with same model for effective utilisation of dual sub pre-out. In higher AVR models you can independently configure the subwoofers for subwoofer level, cut-off frequency etc so that you can independently control each subwoofer. In this case we can use different make, model, type, size subwoofers and can independently control each one. Emotiva has come up with four subwoofer pre-out in their upcoming processors. You can use multiple subwoofer in your HT system with either dual sub pre-out, RCA Y split cable or daisy chain management. It is difficult to integrate one subwoofer in HT system for best bass performance considering different factors like room acoustics, subwoofer spot, attached speakers and bass management , integrating more than one is more difficult task. It takes continue listings,moving and setting of each subwoofer for

In dual subwoofer pre out , both the pre out carry the same signal as that of one sub pre-out. In lower model you can't independently configure the subwoofers . Only one settings is possible for both subwoofer so they needs to be same company with same model for effective utilisation of dual sub pre-out. In higher AVR models you can independently configure the subwoofers for subwoofer level, cut-off frequency etc so that you can independently control each subwoofer. In this case we can use different make, model, type, size subwoofers and can independently control each one. Emotiva has come up with four subwoofer pre-out in their upcoming processors. You can use multiple subwoofer in your HT system with either dual sub pre-out, RCA Y split cable or daisy chain management. It is difficult to integrate one subwoofer in HT system for best bass performance considering different factors like room acoustics, subwoofer spot, attached speakers and bass management , integrating more than one is more difficult task. It takes continue listings,moving and setting of each subwoofer for
so in my case if i add another bic pl200-ii it should have good improvements correct?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back