Dueland speaker cables

panditji

Came across Dueland speaker cables on the Lyngdorf forum.. Quite a few use it and are very happy with it..Am currently using Mogami 3103 imported from Japan and frankly compared it with a Furutech speaker cable with original Furutech bananas with no difference in sound...

Anyone using Dueland 12 AG speaker cables? Any experience?

I have the 16GA speakers cables. They are very good ! once they settle they have a beautiful midrange although slightly rolled off at the top and bottom but far better than so many cables many times their cost

Arjun, since you have the Kensingtons, which other cables did you try before the Dueland before settling on them? Were you able to try any Mogami with the Tannoys? I ask as I do not want to experiment unnecessarily if the difference between the Mogami and Dueland is going to be minimal.. I would rather spend on a good Furutech power cable but again want to hear one with my amp before spending...

Well i tried the dueland 2 times ( actually bought it and burnt it in twice !) and both times the ASI Livelines were far more resolving and better sounding in my setup.

The original WE16 (old one) on the other hand ,despite being the design dueland is copying, is far better and has a better representation of harmonics especially in the midrange.

i have heard a mogami ( forgot the no) many years back with my merlins but found my then transparent cables to be better. i believe the mogami would be similar in tonality but in terms of resolution and harmonics being represented the dueland and we16 would be superior.

I have not heard the dueland 12 GA.

@panditji if you're using 3103 may be you should try 2804 (if you want to stay with Mogami). 2804 is the "partner" speaker cable to the 2803 IC. Meaning if you've heard 2803 and liked it, you're likely to like the 2804 sound signature.

If you're in the mood to experiment, try a Belden 8471. It's quite affordable and sounds great (to my ears and in my setup, though mine is still burning in). I haven't head-butted it against the 3103 (which I still have but not used in years) but if audio memory serves, the 3103 was warm and likable but lacked any real resolution (much like the 2459 IC).

I've heard both Duelund 16 gauge and Western Electric WE16 in my setup and I prefer the latter.

Arjun, since you have the Kensingtons, which other cables did you try before the Dueland before settling on them? Were you able to try any Mogami with the Tannoys? I ask as I do not want to experiment unnecessarily if the difference between the Mogami and Dueland is going to be minimal.. I would rather spend on a good Furutech power cable but again want to hear one with my amp before spending...

Dont go for a furutech..its quite voiced. Based my recent experience and learning from folks like prem, keep the power cord simple and as non audiophile untill you have your system maxed out. if possible use the standard cord which came with your box.

Once your system setup is done then change the powercord for the tonality you may want. for Digital equipment have found shielded power cords to wrk really well but only if you do have some RFI in your area.

one change in voicing and your reference get changed and you just go on spiral by changing too much.

@panditji if you're using 3103 may be you should try 2804 (if you want to stay with Mogami). 2804 is the "partner" speaker cable to the 2803 IC. Meaning if you've heard 2803 and liked it, you're likely to like the 2804 sound signature.

If you're in the mood to experiment, try a Belden 8471. It's quite affordable and sounds great (to my ears and in my setup, though mine is still burning in). I haven't head-butted it against the 3103 (which I still have but not used in years) but if audio memory serves, the 3103 was warm and likable but lacked any real resolution (much like the 2459 IC).

I've heard both Duelund 16 gauge and Western Electric WE16 in my setup and I prefer the latter.

Joshua, I had just come across Dueland speaker cables while browsing a forum on Tannoys and thought I will ask if anyone has experience with it.. Am quite happy with my Mogami 3103 especially since it held it's own against a top of the line Furutech speaker cable with expensive Furutech banana plugs... I will try and hear the 2804 first in my system if possible as it is more than 6 times the cost of the 3103... So will buy once I hear the difference in my system... I had Belden ICs earlier but don't think there would be much of a difference between my current Mogami 3103 unless you compare and state otherwise...

Dont go for a furutech..its quite voiced. Based my recent experience and learning from folks like prem, keep the power cord simple and as non audiophile untill you have your system maxed out. if possible use the standard cord which came with your box.

Once your system setup is done then change the powercord for the tonality you may want. for Digital equipment have found shielded power cords to wrk really well but only if you do have some RFI in your area.

one change in voicing and your reference get changed and you just go on spiral by changing too much.

Will drop the idea of the Furutech for now as I just bought an APC power connector which states to remove EMI/RFI from the power line... Unless I am able to hear a power cable making a substantial difference in my system... Seems no one in Delhi has a Furutech power cable....

Am in no mood to spend money on blind purchases of cables so wanted to know experiences of forum members.. Thankfully have saved my money...

Panditji,

You've stumbled onto one of the best kept secrets of the audio world.
Jeff Day revealed to the world the sound of the Western Electric cables in 2015 and a bunch of people have tried it since including on our forum.

Anyway long story short - I am using the Duelund 16GA speaker cables in my setup and they are by far one of the most musical I have ever heard. Arj and others have also tried the WE cables and prefer them but I have yet to do so. In comparison to the Mogami, the Duelund's have a rich musicality that makes me want to listen to them more. The Mogamis have been lying wrapped up in storage for over a year now. I have both 2803 IC and 2804 SC.

The best part of it is that the Duelunds are not expensive at all and are available for very decent price on Parts Connexion.

Regards.

Last edited:
Panditji,

You've stumbled onto one of the best kept secrets of the audio world.
Jeff Day revealed to the world the sound of the Western Electric cables in 2015 and a bunch of people have tried it since including on our forum.

Anyway long story short - I am using the Duelund 16GA speaker cables in my setup and they are by far one of the most musical I have ever heard. Arj and others have also tried the WE cables and prefer them but I have yet to do so. In comparison to the Mogami, the Duelund's have a rich musicality that makes me want to listen to them more. The Mogamis have been lying wrapped up in storage for over a year now. I have both 2803 IC and 2804 SC.

The best part of it is that they are not so expensive at all and are available for very decent price on Parts Connexion.

Regards.

Thanks for sharing Nikhil... Any difference in sound between the 12AG and 16AG as the price is double? Also is the 2804 as revealing as everyone makes them out to be? Does it bring out more details than the Dueland 16AG?

Thanks for sharing Nikhil... Any difference in sound between the 12AG and 16AG as the price is double? Also is the 2804 as revealing as everyone makes them out to be? Does it bring out more details than the Dueland 16AG?

With the Tannoys stick to 16 is my experience with we16 and we10.

I prefer the Duelund cable over Mogami. Not even close. Tinned Copper is way better sounding in my opinion.

I am using the Duelund 16 AWG (DCA16 GA) and have never bothered to look at anything else. Scroll down to the middle of this post on Jeff Day's blog to get an idea of what to expect. Theoretically according to Jeff, the 12GA has a lot more conductors so it works better for lower efficiency speakers. For your speakers I would agree with Arj and go with the 16GA.

Quote that is relevant to your question is below:
the DCA12GA, which has a lot more tinned-wired conductor in it that will come in handy for lower efficiency speakers. The Duelund DCA12GA has 65 strands of 0.25mm tinned-copper conductors, compared to the DCA16GA’s 26 strands of 0.25mm tinned-copper conductors, giving more than double the amount of conductors of the DCA16GA ...
... and following the successful formula of the DCA16GA & DCA20GA, the DCA12GA is wrapped with the same oil-soaked & baked cotton dielectric, and should be available from Parts ConneXion in the March 2017 timeframe.

I have a two data-point theory about tinned-copper wire with the DCA16GA & DCA20GA that the greater amount of tinned-copper metal in the wire the greater its vividness, and I’m really looking forward to giving the DCA12GA ‘shotgun’ tone-wire a listen to see if a third data-point will help confirm my theory.

Here’s what’s so cool about that: Having DCA12GA, DCA16GA, and DCA20GA tinned-copper tone-wires will allow for a tremendous palette of sonic & musical traits that will allow one to dial in the vividness of tone color, dynamic response, melodic sophistication, harmonic complexity, timbral complexity, imaging presence, level of resolution, soundstage & soundspace, and overall musicality & emotional engagement, exactly the way that is best for you with your associated equipment, listening room character, and personal tastes.

Last edited:
Hello, i have both 16ga and 12ga duelunds..
They sound very different from each other and it would really depend on the system match.....

The 16ga has a very likeable tonal character and an airy feel with more presence and apperently sounds more nuanced.
Whereas the 12ga has more body and sounds denser ..the macrodynamic contrasts are more..everything sounds bigger compared to the 16ga...Also the image stability is better in 12ga may be because of highlighted macrodynamics..

I have been using 16ga mostly for the last 2 months , but now i am trying the 12ga since i have widened the speaker placements...

Hi Panditji if you are going to explore Duelund, start with 16 awg. In case you feel you need a bit more body, add another 16 awg in parallel. That way you will get both microdynamucs of the 16 awg and the macro of the 12 awg.

In most systems the 16 awg will do the job.

Panditji, if you listen to a lot of Jazz and other well recorded stuff, Duelund is fine. If you listen to a lot of Bollywood and such stuff, then get the WE cable because it will provide you that extra warmth and body in the midrange. With the Duelund, it will sound a bit thin in the midrange. For lack of a better description, both cables will sound more magical in your system when compared to Mogami. For a Mogami to work well, you need a very neutral and resolving system. It’s not the cable for Tannoy speakers. With another speaker, for example, a Tekton DI, Mogami will be fine

If you plan to go the tinned copper route, then use the WE 10 awg for power cable. The synergy will be great.

Last edited:
Panditji, if you listen to a lot of Jazz and other well recorded stuff, Duelund is fine. If you listen to a lot of Bollywood and such stuff, then get the WE cable because it will provide you that extra warmth and body in the midrange. With the Duelund, it will sound a bit thin in the midrange. For lack of a better description, both cables will sound more magical in your system when compared to Mogami. For a Mogami to work well, you need a very neutral and resolving system. It’s not the cable for Tannoy speakers. With another speaker, for example, a Tekton DI, Mogami will be fine

If you plan to go the tinned copper route, then use the WE 10 awg for power cable. The synergy will be great.

I do listen to a lot of jazz but most of it is badly recorded. You do make a strong case to try the Dueland 16GA. However my amplifier being completely digital, would you recommend using the WE10 as a power cable to use with the Lyngdorf?

Yes. Use the WE 10 awg as power cable

Duelund takes a very long time to break in. Be prepared to go through a roller coaster ride for 150 hrs :)

Yes. Use the WE 10 awg as power cable

Duelund takes a very long time to break in. Be prepared to go through a roller coaster ride for 150 hrs :)

This is a very important point...i am not sure the 12awg has still opened up ..in jeffs forum he mentions that he had to really cook the cables for a long time ...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back