Dueland speaker cables

https://www.ebay.com/itm/per-foot-W...641920?hash=item35f03aa540:g:aDMAAOSwwpdW4vFM

I bought mine NOS from Japan. But this seller on eBay is also very reliable. He sells used but it will be fine. To make two power cables of 2 metres, you will need to buy 3 pairs of 2 metres. One pair, separate the two wires and add one each to the other two pairs so that you’ll have 3 wires. The separate wire you attached, use as ground. The twisted pair, use for hot and neutral.

If you want an uncoloured cable, use Marinco connectors.
https://www.amazon.com/Marinco-5266...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FYPRRA6JKBA6B514RZG8

https://www.amazon.com/Marinco-320I...arinco+iec&dpPl=1&dpID=41Uuc6d6O6L&ref=plSrch

Panditji, you can also try WE 10 as a speaker cable. My suggestion is first try as a speaker cable. Then use it to make a power cord. WE10 will be along the lines of Duelund 12 awg with a better midrange

Mpw, on a separate note, I don’t think you should use the WE 10 for your intended purpose which is to have a cable between your wall outlet and your receptacle box. It’s better to go with a neutral cable there. WE 10 is voiced

Panditji, what the WE 10 as a power cable and the WE 10 or the WE 16 as the speaker cable will do is add upper bass and lower midrange to your music and will make it sound more natural and organic. If your system already has good upper bass, then go for a neutral cable. My guess is unlikely because most modern amps and speakers are thin sounding in the lower mids and upper bass.

Last edited:
Mpw, on a separate note, I don’t think you should use the WE 10 for your intended purpose which is to have a cable between your wall outlet and your receptacle box. It’s better to go with a neutral cable there. WE 10 is voiced
Noted

I previously used to have my entire chain wired with WE. I used WE 16 as speaker cable and WE 18 as power cable. But after I got my EMT 950, I have moved back to simple power cables since the 950 gives me that full bodied sound.

Mpw, I feel the WE 18 should be fine as a power cord for your phono. WE 10 may be a overkill.

The WE 18 power cable has beautiful upper mids and treble.

I previously used to have my entire chain wired with WE. I used WE 16 as speaker cable and WE 18 as power cable. But after I got my EMT 950, I have moved back to simple power cables since the 950 gives me that full bodied sound.

Mpw, I feel the WE 18 should be fine as a power cord for your phono. WE 10 may be a overkill.

The WE 18 power cable has beautiful upper mids and treble.
Prem

OK..

18 will mean 18 gauge ?

Just to clarify, the WE 18 awg power cable with Marinco connectors is Shirokazu Yazakis recipe. He is the gentleman who introduced the Belden 8402 and the WE 16 to the world.

Yesterday Sameer came over to my place with a pair of WE 16 awg cables.
We have been talking about listening to the WE as I had not had a chance.

Placing the WE 16 into my setup was bare wire without any connectors. In comparison to the Duelund the WE is a slightly thicker cable that was a little harder to place into my speaker and amp binding posts. Straight off there was a difference in tone that was very pleasant to the ears. The feeling was a more solid foundation to the music in the mids and lows.

We listened to quite a bit of jazz with upright bass and trumpet. The added low end gave both instruments a nice rich tone. The highs were smoothened out allowing us to raise the volume without adding any harshness. After listening for a while I changed music to guitar based numbers that sounded superb. Shifted to some old rock classics from JJ Cale, Frampton, Clapton and SRV. Lovely rich tone in all. Played some vocals like Gregory Porter and Knopfler as well. Again superb tone.

All in all early impressions were very good. Unfortunately the WE 16 has become very hard to source. But if you have the chance to get yourself a pair I would highly recommend giving them a go.

** Please don't take this to mean that the WE is "better" than the Duelunds - which remains a really good cable in it's own right.
** My initial guess is that the Duelund 12 GA might give some of the low end foundation as an option.

Yesterday Sameer came over to my place with a pair of WE 16 awg cables.
We have been talking about listening to the WE as I had not had a chance.

Placing the WE 16 into my setup was bare wire without any connectors. In comparison to the Duelund the WE is a slightly thicker cable that was a little harder to place into my speaker and amp binding posts. Straight off there was a difference in tone that was very pleasant to the ears. The feeling was a more solid foundation to the music in the mids and lows.

We listened to quite a bit of jazz with upright bass and trumpet. The added low end gave both instruments a nice rich tone. The highs were smoothened out allowing us to raise the volume without adding any harshness. After listening for a while I changed music to guitar based numbers that sounded superb. Shifted to some old rock classics from JJ Cale, Frampton, Clapton and SRV. Lovely rich tone in all. Played some vocals like Gregor Porter and Knopfler as well. Again superb tone.

All in all early impressions were very good. Unfortunately the WE 16 has become very hard to source. But if you have the chance to get yourself a pair I would highly recommend giving them a go.

** Please don't take this to mean that the WE is "better" than the Duelunds - which remains a really good cable in it's own right.
** My initial guess is that the Duelund 12 GA might give some of the low end foundation as an option.

Nikhil your observations are spot on....infact WE 16 were sounding better on your set up compared to my OBs.

I have checked your Duelund DCA16 ga cable in my set up and felt soundstage elevated from the ground and missed typical WE tinned copper cable mid to low foundation.

Anyways ....had a fine listening session at your place..Thanks.

Hi Panditji if you are going to explore Duelund, start with 16 awg. In case you feel you need a bit more body, add another 16 awg in parallel. That way you will get both microdynamucs of the 16 awg and the macro of the 12 awg.

In most systems the 16 awg will do the job.
This theory doesnt go with some cables.
When tried monoprice 16awg speaker cables in parallel,sound became little bright to my surprise.
With audioquest ,it was different experience.Sound had body and more warmth.

After some pondering I decided to try out the 12 GA cable to see what the difference would be like. I managed to source a WE 12GA cable pair from Hong Kong and to my delight it landed at my doorstep in about a week. Having enjoyed the "heft" of the WE16GA cable earlier I was really curious to hear these cables. I've now been listening to them for a week in my setup.

First off there is the immediate sense of added weight. These cables open up the low end almost like adding a sub woofer! But perhaps after longer listening, I guess the better way to describe these cables is that they have a wider frequency window. These noticeably extend the low frequency side but are also very smooth into the high frequencies as well. Music with extended highs actually gained more clarity and smoothness due to the added low frequency support.

The obvious concern was if the sound would turn "slow" with the thicker gauge but so far I have not had any issues. I have to say that results will differ depending on gear used but still going with 12GA cable is just another great option for those wanting to explore. I would heartily recommend trying 12 GA cable.

Dont go for a furutech..its quite voiced. Based my recent experience and learning from folks like prem, keep the power cord simple and as non audiophile untill you have your system maxed out. if possible use the standard cord which came with your box.

Once your system setup is done then change the powercord for the tonality you may want. for Digital equipment have found shielded power cords to wrk really well but only if you do have some RFI in your area.

one change in voicing and your reference get changed and you just go on spiral by changing too much.
Hello Arj
Could you elaborate your comment on Furutech Power cable on being voiced? I do agree on your comment on looking for audiophile power cables once one's system has got maxed out. I think I have reached that stage and now looking at changing the power cord for my Accustic Arts CD player. Any suggestions if any on power cords under 1000 USD would also be welcome. Thanks.

Thats murky waters at best and everyones mileage is different. eg I have a DIY Finolex into my regenerator, an expensive ASI reference into my Dac, a regular computer IEC into my turntable and Einstein power cord for Amp and Phono :) hence different power cords go well with different equipment .

I also use a tara labs air for my distribution box now.

I have found Einstien power cords to be very good, not very expensive and Jochen Semmler in bangalore sells them. They are under 100USD. Tara labs is very good as they use a configuration of Solid core. Belden based power cords should also be sound.

Anything else needs to be heard/ or referred by someone who has heard them..as they do change the character but when you gain something you always lose something else and need to be aware /prepared for that.

After some pondering I decided to try out the 12 GA cable to see what the difference would be like. I managed to source a WE 12GA cable pair from Hong Kong and to my delight it landed at my doorstep in about a week. Having enjoyed the "heft" of the WE16GA cable earlier I was really curious to hear these cables. I've now been listening to them for a week in my setup.

First off there is the immediate sense of added weight. These cables open up the low end almost like adding a sub woofer! But perhaps after longer listening, I guess the better way to describe these cables is that they have a wider frequency window. These noticeably extend the low frequency side but are also very smooth into the high frequencies as well. Music with extended highs actually gained more clarity and smoothness due to the added low frequency support.

The obvious concern was if the sound would turn "slow" with the thicker gauge but so far I have not had any issues. I have to say that results will differ depending on gear used but still going with 12GA cable is just another great option for those wanting to explore. I would heartily recommend trying 12 GA cable.

Can you share the link where I can buy genuine WE 16 speaker cables on ebay.com ? Thanks

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back