Dueland speaker cables

i dont even remember ! it works very well for my amp and phono..more cleaner than an ASI liveline but the liveline beats it on my dac so I really dont know.

i dont even remember ! it works very well for my amp and phono..more cleaner than an ASI liveline but the liveline beats it on my dac so I really dont know.

Can you share your experience with ASI liveline? I recently got the power cable and love the tonality it portrays. How does it do it? I'm beleaguered!

its absolutely fantastic on digital equipment.. I have the reference and regular version. I also have the speaker cable and Reference IC. I have always found the cables very well textured and balanced. So much that upgraded to the reference version.

its absolutely fantastic on digital equipment.. I have the reference and regular version. I also have the speaker cable and Reference IC. I have always found the cables very well textured and balanced. So much that upgraded to the reference version.
I too love the texture and timbre of instrumentals especially plucking of string instruments and the tone of the piano. Can you help me different between Asi regular and reference cables?

Reference takes it up a couple or two notches. I now use the reference IC and Power and the palpability/feeling of instruments is even more. especially drums/flute etc has much more layers to it.
The problem here is that the setup needs to be optimised as well in terms of acoustics etc..

This was Panditji's wallet expressing first opinion.
If he acquires them, then Panditji's ears will express their opinion.

Cheers,
Raghu

Hehehe..Rightly said Raghu.. ...In today's world of hifi, someone mentioning a power cable under $100 makes it interesting for me.. Rs. 7000 is something I can gamble on instead of putting 30k blind..

Can you share the link where I can buy genuine WE 16 speaker cables on ebay.com ? Thanks

Genuine WE16 is almost impossible to find but on US Ebay TA Jacobs (Jake) is a reliable seller.
He has mostly 90s vintage cable which come with switchboard connectors

From Asia you can look up Ebay Seller Ayumi Tubes (Alex).
Also a reliable seller with very reasonable rates.

Regards

BTW i have done extensive tests with the we16 speaker cable and Liveline..with the full liveline- power cable + IC + speaker cable set, replacing it to the we16 always rolled off the bass a bit

I recently tried out the dueland 16 speaker cable in my system. Good cable with many good traits. However while talking to different people, I feel my experience and observations are slightly different from others. This means that these cables are very system dependent. Amp, cables and speaker becomes one electrical circuit when the music is playing. So the result might vary across different systems. So please try it out and take a decision.

BTW i have done extensive tests with the we16 speaker cable and Liveline..with the full liveline- power cable + IC + speaker cable set, replacing it to the we16 always rolled off the bass a bit

arj, did you try with WE16 cables as our FM Prem told in the post #16 as he suggested as follows:
"In case you feel you need a bit more body, add another 16 awg in parallel. That way you will get both microdynamucs of the 16 awg and the macro of the 12 awg."

No Sunder but i tried it for over 2 weeks with various music. it has a fantastic midrange but compared to the ASI liveline lacks low bass .i found the sae with a 10AWG as well. it has a thicker bass but lacks the low level clarity. I preferred the 16AWG over the 10 in terms of micro dynamics and tonality anyway.

I preferred the 16AWG over the 10 in terms of micro dynamics and tonality anyway.

Yes, most of the audiophiles prefer the 16AWG. But some serious listeners prefer the tinned copper wires of 1950-60's WE-16AWG over the 90's WE-16AWG . Thank you.

After 2 months I shall be testing a 12+12+14 awg X 2 mil spec silver plated copper wire as my speaker wire.

Back