DVD-Audio Player

@sushanthace - How much did you pay for DVD99? Where did you get the demo of all this hardware? Finding all this under one roof in Bombay sounds like finding something in never land...

Hi sushanth,

Yes there is the same option in Oppo too. But since the DVDP is connected to an AVR that does not have DSD, if i enable the DVD-A option the music comes out as neo6.

cheers,
sri

hI sun,

Yes its true we can't get high resolution audio thro 3100. Common don't be so dejected man:) The 3100 is still value for money as an entry level HTiB. I just watched Wolvorine on it and it was awesome.

This is not the end of it right? You can always upgrade your AVR down the line with this damn DSD.The latest AVRs have not olny DSD but HD Audio too.Look at the brighter side. So wait for some time and get a suitable AVR.

cheers,
sri

Oh well I agree with you...but for me it is end of road for next few years... :) my selections are driven by home department....I don't think I will get chance to upgrade in next 5 years at least.... I think I did not do enough research before buying this AVR.... well I am giving up looking for DVD-A player since it is not worth spending money on it when I can not hear it... plus there are hardly any titles in DVD-A format... so....

Thanks for all the help guys....It really helped me...

Oh well I agree with you...but for me it is end of road for next few years... :) my selections are driven by home department....I don't think I will get chance to upgrade in next 5 years at least.... I think I did not do enough research before buying this AVR.... well I am giving up looking for DVD-A player since it is not worth spending money on it when I can not hear it... plus there are hardly any titles in DVD-A format... so....

Thanks for all the help guys....It really helped me...

'my selections are driven by the home department'

mmmm.... You think you are the only one out there with this prob son?:lol: Just read my signature sun:eek:hyeah:
Next 5 years huh? Thats what you think. I never thought i will buy a HTiB this year. I did. I never thought i will buy the 9.2s and the CDP and the Oppo but i did. You never know. On ebay global buy you can get nice AVRs with awesome price tags. Its without warranty but i think its worth the risk.

Take a look at this.

Global Easy Buy

cheers,
sri

Last edited:
Next 5 years huh? Thats what you think. I never thought i will buy a HTiB this year. I did. I never thought i will buy the 9.2s and the CDP and the Oppo but i did. You never know. On ebay global buy you can get nice AVRs with awesome price tags. Its without warranty but i think its worth the risk.

And I think you will soon buy one of the AVRs with HD/DSD audio decoding... :eek:hyeah: All the best! :yahoo:

@spirovious,

So if I understand it correctly, I will not change anything in current setup. Just get a DVD-A player -> Connect it using dedicated analog 5.1 channel cables to 3100 and while playing DVD-A -> select input as 5.1 dedicated connections instead of optical right?

@spirovious,

So if I understand it correctly, I will not change anything in current setup. Just get a DVD-A player -> Connect it using dedicated analog 5.1 channel cables to 3100 and while playing DVD-A -> select input as 5.1 dedicated connections instead of optical right?

Yes,in short

DVDp (say Pio610)> select 5.1out in DVDp> then connect with to AVR with 5.1 cable(say 2 AV cables)> then AVR will only amplify & play spk.

Here DVDp will do the job of decoding & DA conversion of 5.1DVD-A and output to AVR for amplification.

Pioneer DV-610 HDMI USB Input DVD Player < Home DVD < Video Players< Electronics < Shopping

Read what Reju says in 8th post here-
http://www.hifivision.com/dvd-players-dvd-hard-disk-recorders/3674-oppo-981h-pioneer-dv-610-a-2.html

Last edited:
Hi,

From where and for how much?

Thanks & Regards,
Venu

I actually requested one of my cousins coming from US to get the same for me - sourced from amazon - costed Rs 16750/- ($350)

The cost of Pio AV LX50 @ official indian dealer at Delhi is Rs. 38000/-, and 20 North is selling the same for around 29 - 31K.

The DA conversion of the player does hold hold any value when you are sending data in digital form. If you send the data to a DAC, you are sending it in digital form and only the DAC's specifications will come into play. The Beresford will certainly be able to decode any digital data sent as two channel audio.

Cheers
That mean, whatever be the input frequency, the DAC will take it?

That mean, whatever be the input frequency, the DAC will take it?

You are confusing yourself and confusing me. When you send data in digital form, there is no frequency involved.

If you referring to the audio frequency of 20Hz to 20Khz stored in audio data, yes, that can be transferred by a digital connector. Most DACs can understand that frequency range or even more. The Beresford 7510, for example, can handle a frequency range of 2.0Hz to 20Khz. So it will handle all data within that range. Similarly you have to look at the specifications of your source - a CD/DVD player or whatever. When that says 20Hz to 20Khz, that will be the frequency range that the player will use when reading and transmitting data.

If you are referring to some other frequency, please let me know.

Cheers

Yes..exactly... If the DVDP pumps out more samples/sec will the DAC will cope with that?

It would, provided the DAC is spec'ed to handle it I'm thinking. What DAC do you have in mind?

Edit: Just noted from the other thread that you went for a Beresford. I think you should be able to listen to Hi-Res tracks without any issues...

Last edited:
Yes,in short

DVDp (say Pio610)> select 5.1out in DVDp> then connect with to AVR with 5.1 cable(say 2 AV cables)> then AVR will only amplify & play spk.

Here DVDp will do the job of decoding & DA conversion of 5.1DVD-A and output to AVR for amplification.

Pioneer DV-610 HDMI USB Input DVD Player < Home DVD < Video Players< Electronics < Shopping

Read what Reju says in 8th post here-
http://www.hifivision.com/dvd-players-dvd-hard-disk-recorders/3674-oppo-981h-pioneer-dv-610-a-2.html

I have pmd reju...lets see what he has to say....I think I will go check CADVD99....

I don't think normal listener like me can make out difference between optically connected source or analog connected source of 5.1..... hmmmm

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back