dvd player /best for audio cd playing

somen24in

dear
tell me which dvd player is best for audio cd playing ,i want to play this dvd player only audio cd , i mean original sound come in the player,
i have onkyo hts 5105 + sony hdmi 708 dvd player for dvd playing
i want to dedicated audio cd playing player ,one of my friend said nowa days good cd player not comming ,in low budjet,in 3000-4000,
i want help ,our hi fi forum said some thing, its urgent:

for 3000-4000 you are not going to get a DVD player that plays Audio CDs particularly well. it will be only as good or bad as your Sony NS708.

The cheapest option you have is probably the Cambridge Audio DVD89 which sells for 10,000 bucks or less.

dear
tell me which dvd player is best for audio cd playing ,i want to play this dvd player only audio cd , i mean original sound come in the player,
i want to dedicated audio cd playing player ,one of my friend said nowa days good cd player not comming ,in low budjet,in 3000-4000,

What speakers/amplifier will you be using for Audio CD playback? Do not expect even a half decent CD player at that price. Cheapest good option Cambridge Audio Azur 340C... but if you have average speakers, it won't matter what player you use to spin your discs.

dear

In this system you could use your DVD player itself to play your CDs.
Not worth investing in separate CD player unless you are going to use stereo amplifier and better fronts speakers.

For that your budget it would better to use the dvd player you have and save the money to maybe buy the cambridge player later

dear
one of my friend said nowa days good cd player not comming ,in low budjet,in 3000-4000,

I can't remember anyday when good cd player costed 3 to 4000 rupees....:rolleyes:

I assume that you have connected your DVDP to AVR via Digital connection - are you not happy with the CD performance of your DVDP through digital connection? IMO it should be decent enough.

dear

at this budget look out @ some dedicated Cd player in the used market u cud get a good one for about 5k, but i dont think its going to make any good with your onkyo htib set up

You could also consider the TEAC CD players. There's one for 3.5k or so that comes with an optical out. Later if you want, you can add a separate DAC as well. Shemaroo home theater are the dealers for that

Yes I also heard that on lamington road .
And it is popular teac model not ore than 3years back

Anyway It is a good deal and it should be a pretty sturdy model - I am telling as 4-5 years back I used to see this ia DE facto CD player with most of the small DJ's .

I have same hodel but unfortunatly never used much - I is with my friend always.( I bought is used)

Anyway used CD players are available from Rs 1000 ( Mass market Philips ) to 4000 For Basic marantz and If you are lucky you can geyt Se Or OSE marantz @ Rs 7-8 K!

But it might be matter of luck - i think teck is a deal!!

You could also consider the TEAC CD players. There's one for 3.5k or so that comes with an optical out. Later if you want, you can add a separate DAC as well. Shemaroo home theater are the dealers for that

Can someone give me the contact information for Shemaroo Home Theater? I'm interested in obtaining a TEAC CD Player for around that price.

Last edited:
Thanks again! I'll email them just now and see what they have, as far as CD players are concerned.

Hi please can you specify the model number.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back