DVD player with no hdmi but 1080p upscaling and usb 2.0 suport

burochokkotti

Ok guys I'm very new in this forum SO I'M REALLY VERRY SORRY if this is a repetition of same old question :eek: ..but believe me I googled a lot and searched a little through threads of this forum but with no success so here I am..

Nywy, my qs is I need a dvd player WITHIN 3500-5500INR available in Kolkata (obviously because I live there) with the following features,

a) true 720p or 1080p upscaling, 1080i upconversion, Video upsampling from SDVDs.

b) usb 2.0 support for x264, avi, mpeg4, H264, Xvid, MPEG1, MPEG2, DivX 3.1, DivX 4.x, DivX 5.x, DivX 6.0, DivX Ultra, BRRips from internet (this is imp, most of my movies are like 720p BRRip), etc. etc and mp3 support is imp (sorry for a big list of codecs, but the usb is the main thing I'm gonna use..so if not all, then the more codec it supports the better).

c) good sound quality, 5.1 output won't harm either.. :)

d) we have a crt, so no need of HDMi port.

so, if you help me, I'm gonna be really grateful!
:)

Last edited:
Only media players with new firmwares can play all formats and codecs you mentioned. Even if there is a DVDP with USB supporting all these it may not come in the price . Try look for a mediaplayer and an entry level DVDP.

answers ::

a) no dvd player will be able to upscale 720p/1080p ( as u stated true upscaling) it will be similar to what ur tv does ...

b) no dvdp can play all of these formats.. whatever brand or make they are.

c) sound quality will be good if u use the coax/optical out on it.. however u should have supporting hardware.

i dont have answer for d:) as it is a queation itself..

if its a crt why wud u need upscaling .. as it does now work in pixels but a cathode tube..

also if you need good sound quality u wud need good speakers.. crt tv speakers wont do justice..

now u can help ud with the speaker setuip you have and the inputs it can take..

however no dvdp will play all formats..

for ur tv.. u can best have is AMKETTE FLASH TV.. AS IT HAVE GOT RCA (VID/AUDIO) OUT AND DOES GOOD JOB FOR A CRT TV.. close to 2.5 k

Only media players with new firmwares can play all formats and codecs you mentioned. Even if there is a DVDP with USB supporting all these it may not come in the price . Try look for a mediaplayer and an entry level DVDP.

Thanks to all of you for helping me..but like I said, I'm very new at this, so I know almost nothing about these things..so can you guys suggest any combination of media player and dvdp within 6-7k so that I can make the most of it?

Thanks to all of you for helping me..but like I said, I'm very new at this, so I know almost nothing about these things..so can you guys suggest any combination of media player and dvdp within 6-7k so that I can make the most of it?

PS: Is WD TV HD available in kolkata?

PS: Is WD TV HD available in kolkata?

You can go for the AMKETTE Flash TV media player with Pioneer DV -XXX (dont know the exact number) series DVD player . Both shld come in 7k budget for you.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back