WDTV Killer is here!

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I have ordered the Xtreamer for Rs. 9990 + 650(shipping) and will get it deliver on Tuesday.

I'm planning to buy 1 TB external HDD mainly for backing up the data and also for keeping all the media files. Please let me know if it is possible to use torrent with external HDD or it is supported only with internal HDD.

Please also suggest some internal HDD(500 GB) for using with Xtreamer and best price/place in Pune.

Thanks

Tech, my man, there is a thread for Xtreamer post all queries there so we have all documented in one place.

I think torrent should be supported for both internal and external. Internal Seagate, Maxtor are good.

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I have ordered the Xtreamer for Rs. 9990 + 650(shipping) and will get it deliver on Tuesday.

I'm planning to buy 1 TB external HDD mainly for backing up the data and also for keeping all the media files. Please let me know if it is possible to use torrent with external HDD or it is supported only with internal HDD.

Please also suggest some internal HDD(500 GB) for using with Xtreamer and best price/place in Pune.

Thanks

Well i will recommend going for an external portable hdd, i am not comfortable with using the drive inside as it will generate heat, and by connecting it from outside it can solve the same purpose.

Personally i have a external powered 3.5" 200 gig pata hdd connected to it, also i have it connected through wireless to my shared folder in my comp which is another 120 odd gigs, from which i am playing most of the media, songs and other stuff i have downloaded.

Also do not upgrade to latest 1.03 or 1.03.1 firmware, as it is still not stable and has some issues, better to stick to 1.02 and wait for some time

Well i will recommend going for an external portable hdd, i am not comfortable with using the drive inside as it will generate heat, and by connecting it from outside it can solve the same purpose.

+1 for that, if its not an inconvenience, connect a permanent external one.

Yesterday, I got Optical Cable (Croma Rs.890/-) to connect Xtreamer to my Onkyo HTIB. :)

Superb 5.1 Audio, better than what I got from co-axial cable, connected between my LG DVD and Onkyo HTIB. :yahoo:

Popcorn is a great product.

I wish I had money to buy this product. It is costing 3 times more than Xtreamer. :sad:

Xtreamer is worth every single penny I paid for it. :p

Personally i feel xtreamer serves most of the needs, so why spend more to go for pop corn hour C200,

i would rate them in the preference of -

Low budget users - WDTV first choice

Middle budget users who want networking - xtreamer first choice

High budget users - Can go for pop corn hour c200, tivx, elektron and other expensive players

Ideally if one really wants to make full use and potential of the NMT's , you need to invest in it like we do with setting up our home theatres, taking it one step at a time,

For me the next step will be to go for etrayz and build a Nas system.

Post in this thread are quite, sept 200, almost two years old!

Wonder what is the state of things, i visited the site "http://shop.xtreamer.net/", and i couldnt find anything there describing the features that i read here and of ~Rs10k.
Also the site seems quite deficient of feature details of the products, its a site that doesnt inspire much confidense!

Any feedback from people who have been using xstreamer for last 2 years or WD device for similar period?

Thanks
Gaurav

I've been using WDTV Live for a year and a half or so and I'd like to say that it's really great device despite of the critic being spread. Most of all I like its interface customization abilities that enable me to create graphic catalogs of my movie collection. I use 'Movienizer' for downloading movie info and creating the thumbnails that result in the catalog like this:

Pretty nice and pretty easy! ;)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back