DSC01032.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC01033.jpg
    DSC01033.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC01034.jpg
    DSC01034.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 101
Thank you guys.. I have finally purchased the Xtreamer from xtreamer.in after reading reports of Xtreamer in this forum (and some other forums). It was a really great buying experience with xtreamer.in. They replied each of my mails within 30 min (Even I had sent a mail after 10 pm). Xtreamer was delivered on time as promised. This is really something different than what you read in xtreamer.net forum.
First Impression - It's small - imagine a VHS tape with box.. Its of the same size and made of plastic. The remote is not of great quality and it deserves to be improved (build quality and placements of the buttons). There is no switch to turn it on/off.

Playback and usage --
The picture quality is awesome for the HD movies (720p, 1080p and 1080i medias). It does up conversion of SD content such as DVD and does a really good job. It played all the files I had thrown to (almost 100 mkv 1080p/720p , 20-30 ts 1080i/1080p HD files, WMV-HD files). Even it could play by mounting DVD iso and VIDEO_TS folders and allowed menu navigations. I could play one 720p mkv anime file encoded in 5.1 profile with 13 ref frames. It could also rightly render anaphormic files with right aspect ratio. However one anaphormic WMB-HD file it was not able to render correctly but I had to use zoom function to correct it. It allows adjusting position and size of the subtitles. The fast forward and backward is very responsive however all the buttons are placed in awkward position. One needs to get used to use FF, FB and Play/Pause buttons. Looks like in the next firmware they will support Forward/Backward using Navigation keys and that would be great. Regarding the Fan Noise, when you switch on you will hear the noise. However once you start playing movies (and seating in comfortable distance) you won't feel it.

Connectivity:-
I have one custom USB Sata external powered drive (320GB, NTFS) and it could detect all the partitions in the disc. I connected Xtreamer directly to my computer (Win 7) through LAN. I had some problem to use DHCP in Xtreamer (when connected to my Computer directly, but works fine with router). I had to switch to Static IP in xtreamer. After some time it could detect my Computer and shared folders. It could play,FF,FB all the files (1080p, 720p mkv/ts) files over the network using Windows share. Only one file had microblocking problem - Big Buck Bunny 1080p file. I tried NFS also. But through NFS the initial handshake takes a lot of time and freezes the Xtreamer for 2-3 minutes (Same happens after Xtreamer is switched on with NFS settings). Once it has done the handshakes, there was not problem playing any files(Exception is Big Buck Bunny) . Hopefully NFS issue will be solved in future Firmware. I did not try UpNp streaming and Wireless connectivity. It can also work as NAS server and UpNp server.

Setup -- Samsung LED(aka LCD) tv was connected via HDMI with HDMI audio off. Display setting was 1080p 50Hz and 1080p 24Hz was set on. Yamaha receiver was connected via optical cable for audio.
Initially, I thought of PopCorn Hour C-200 but the cost (including import duty and high shipping cost) was the reason why I did not order it. I am extremely happy with this player and is really a good value for money.

malakar, thanks for sharing your purchase experience. could you please elaborate a bit on the process, like how did you made the transactions etc. i got a mail from them today. and i m about to transfer money to their account.

i was myself planning to buy the same, but have put it on hold due to remote issues, my viewing distance is over 18 feet hence i don't want to get up every time just to use the remote.

All my other remotes work fine, this is one of the reason only i am holding back on the purchase .

Otherwise the reviews are good and the product is fantasic

malakar, thanks for sharing your purchase experience. could you please elaborate a bit on the process, like how did you made the transactions etc. i got a mail from them today. and i m about to transfer money to their account.

That's right you need to transfer the money in their account then, send the mail with the details of the transaction, ( A screenshot ), they will track the payment and order the unit for you, you will get your customer id and other details.

Most of the users have got the product on time and i have not seen an post on DOA or other issues with the units sold in India

Noking, can you play the same one in WD TV and also post the pics. You can check my thread, will give you an idea of how to do the comparison.

MBR sorry will not be able to post the comparison pics as i have given WDTV to my Brother,but ill post new pics with my flash off iam using a Sony DSC-H9 camera.
regards...

Re: WDTV Killer is here! - URGENT

It is at present at 8300 and they say I won,t have to pay customs duty. Is it OK? Cause I will go for it at <9K.

Why do you want to risk the following for saving 900rs?

1. Dead on arrival, what will you do? Send it back to HK and incur more expense in postage?
2. Warranty issues?
3. What if it gets stuck at Custom?
4. Is the antenna for sure included?

I would say, invest that extra 900 rs and get it from the India dealer and be at peace.

Why do you want to risk the following for saving 900rs?

1. Dead on arrival, what will you do? Send it back to HK and incur more expense in postage?
2. Warranty issues?
3. What if it gets stuck at Custom?
4. Is the antenna for sure included?

I would say, invest that extra 900 rs and get it from the India dealer and be at peace.

I guess u r right. Thanks. At 8300, reserve price is yet to be met. So, they will be selling it around 9K at least.

Last edited:

I guess u r right. Thanks. At 8300, reserve price is yet to be met. So, they will be selling it around 9K at least.

If the difference was 3k+ may be it makes sense mate. But for 900rs, its too much a risk.

Plus being very active ebayer, have had bad experience with few HK dealers, they forget to add freebies, custom can make an exception and inspect your good, plus their warranty policy clearly states you have send them at your expense etc

Stay away and buy from Xtreamer india

If the difference was 3k+ may be it makes sense mate. But for 900rs, its too much a risk.

Plus being very active ebayer, have had bad experience with few HK dealers, they forget to add freebies, custom can make an exception and inspect your good, plus their warranty policy clearly states you have send them at your expense etc

One more thing Ram. U r using wdtv with philips HTiB. R u passing audio thru optical? Ur thoughts on DVD HT?

Moreover, I was researching for a quite a while for my HT. I started with Philips then was inclined to go for AVR+Wharfes after my research. Then, For HDAudio cpability, It was going way out of my budget. So, now my thoughts r back to buy a Philips /samsung(my tv is Sam32" LCD) HT + HD Media player and live with it for 2-3 yrs, then when HD audio capable system r bit cheaper with myself having accumulated more money, I will buy Component system. What say?

fully agree with MBR not worth the risk for 990/- cheers

One more thing Ram. U r using wdtv with philips HTiB. R u passing audio thru optical? Ur thoughts on DVD HT?

Moreover, I was researching for a quite a while for my HT. I started with Philips then was inclined to go for AVR+Wharfes after my research. Then, For HDAudio cpability, It was going way out of my budget. So, now my thoughts r back to buy a Philips /samsung(my tv is Sam32" LCD) HT + HD Media player and live with it for 2-3 yrs, then when HD audio capable system r bit cheaper with myself having accumulated more money, I will buy Component system. What say?

1. Yes Noking, I pass audio through the Optical out. what do you mean by DVD HT?

2. Makes complete sense, even I am waiting for the same. Thats why I have not upgraded to Xtream. I want to wait for 1-2 yrs and get a stable HD based HT system as I am crunched for money.

But one thing is, the latest Philips HTiB are not that good, the high end model is very good but I didn't see that in India yet (auditioned at UK) though they have the model in their India website. Check with your local Philips arena for HTS3578W/98. It was a nice HTiB similar to mine though the base was not that tight.

Also, unlike if you have the budget, I would suggest, invest in good speakers first and a basic AVR. AVR will change with technology, but speakers will not. I always advise people to concentrate on speakers and then AVRs.

So, if you can get a good Floor standing speaker for the front, then a centre and a basic surround and AVR.

You then upgrade the AVR to a proper stable HD capable AVR and add two more surrounds and get the HD Audio.

Just a thought, sorry if I confused you.

1. Yes Noking, I pass audio through the Optical out. what do you mean by DVD HT?

2. Makes complete sense, even I am waiting for the same. Thats why I have not upgraded to Xtream. I want to wait for 1-2 yrs and get a stable HD based HT system as I am crunched for money.

But one thing is, the latest Philips HTiB are not that good, the high end model is very good but I didn't see that in India yet (auditioned at UK) though they have the model in their India website. Check with your local Philips arena for HTS3578W/98. It was a nice HTiB similar to mine though the base was not that tight.

Also, unlike if you have the budget, I would suggest, invest in good speakers first and a basic AVR. AVR will change with technology, but speakers will not. I always advise people to concentrate on speakers and then AVRs.

So, if you can get a good Floor standing speaker for the front, then a centre and a basic surround and AVR.

You then upgrade the AVR to a proper stable HD capable AVR and add two more surrounds and get the HD Audio.

Just a thought, sorry if I confused you.

1.DVD HT, HT with DVD player+Ampli.

2. Yes, 3571/38578 r not there in their showrooms, but r on thier web.

3. U r right about speakers. But, even basic AVR r 20K. So, If I have to replace them it will be costly. Rather I would have a DVD player based HT (which incidently comes at around 20K) which I will be able to use in my bedroom. Resale of AVR also suffers as It will be out of date by 2-3 yrs.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back