WDTV Killer is here!

agree with Dushee reg a new thread for the new kid in block XTREAMER-got a sms from xtreamer india informing me that they would dispatch my unit Today will post once i recieve

hi ajay
nice pics from your pics posted looks like you are using RCA cable try to change to a HDMI cable if you want to take full advantage of your HD player your tv is 720p and a/v cable dont do justice to the LCD resolution :)

Great product still not got bigg focus here ....
features i like in xtreamer
-Wifi 802.11n hi-speed wireless
Wirelessly stream movies, music or photos from your computer across your home Wi-Fi network

-The great usb Wifi antenna (one comes free)
connect to any pc to 802.11n hi-speed wifi capability
no need of wifi router
-Bit-torrent stand alone downloader client
PC is not needed..save electricity
- pass word protect folders (new firmware)
- ethernet connectivity ...and features like youtube streaming etc
-HD Audio....

main advantage is the xtreamer development is opensource.. so many apps /updates will come fast

Great product still not got bigg focus here ....
features i like in xtreamer
-Wifi 802.11n hi-speed wireless
Wirelessly stream movies, music or photos from your computer across your home Wi-Fi network

-The great usb Wifi antenna (one comes free)
connect to any pc to 802.11n hi-speed wifi capability
no need of wifi router
- pass word protect folders (new firmware)
-HD Audio....

main advantage is the xtreamer development is opensource.. so many apps /updates will come fast

Wow, I am going in for this. Once can also add a HDD as it has an enclosure inside.

And the best thing that I liked is their soon to be lauched add-on.
Checkout their Xtreamer NAS capability:

Xtreamer Official Forum • View topic - Xtreamer eTRAYz - Announcement & Special Offer for customers

Wonder if Indian customers can avail this offer if they buy before November 1st, 09. Can someone confirm please.

Last edited:

So, I connect xtreamer to my Wired/USB modem and it will download torrentz?
Does it support rapidshare downloads?

So, Can I directly play Youtube videos directly on tv, without pc?

So, I connect xtreamer to my Wired/USB modem and it will download torrentz?
Does it support rapidshare downloads?
Bt client is for that purpose..:D
see firmware updates section in xtreamer sitef or other clients...like usenext ,RS downloader etc

So, Can I directly play Youtube videos directly on tv, without pc?

xtreamer Web services
Video : YouTube, Picasa, Yahoo Video, CNN, NBC Today, CBS Face the Nation and more
Audio : Live365 Radio, iPodcast, Radiobox, ABC News, BBC Podcast, CNN News , Indiefeed, Jamendo
Photo : Picasaweb
RSS feed : Yahoo! Weather, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Xchange, MSNBC News and more
enjoy!

On Audio Front :

I am not in their marketing division...hehe but this something that will make audiophiles happy :yahoo:(new thread coming)

Audio by Cirrus Logic DAC based on CS4352 is high-performance stereo D/A converter(multi-bit Delta Sigma modulator )
106 dB dynamic range
-93dB THD+N
24-bit / 192kHz sample rates :clapping:

on audio front, how easy is it to search for tracks from local disk?
Can I create playlists?
Can I use playlists from other players like windows media player, itunes?

regards

Bt client is for that purpose..:D
see firmware updates section in xtreamer sitef or other clients...like usenext ,RS downloader etc

xtreamer Web services
Video : YouTube, Picasa, Yahoo Video, CNN, NBC Today, CBS Face the Nation and more
Audio : Live365 Radio, iPodcast, Radiobox, ABC News, BBC Podcast, CNN News , Indiefeed, Jamendo
Photo : Picasaweb
RSS feed : Yahoo! Weather, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Xchange, MSNBC News and more
enjoy!

On Audio Front :

I am not in their marketing division...hehe but this something that will make audiophiles happy :yahoo:(new thread coming)

Audio by Cirrus Logic DAC based on CS4352 is high-performance stereo D/A converter(multi-bit Delta Sigma modulator )
106 dB dynamic range
-93dB THD+N
24-bit / 192kHz sample rates :clapping:

Hi got my Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) today my 1st impressions are given below all the comparisons are done with WDTV which i have been using form last 6 months

PQ almost same as Wd
SQ do
Remote of XMP is not working properly from a distance of 10/12 feet and even when in close range near player certain angels only V/s WD remote is perfect the quality of remote range has to be impoved (tried with my harmony too same problem so ir range in unit has some problems).

On screen menu is faster than WD but gets hanged sometimes and i had to unplug the unit from power and restart never had the problem with Wd maybe XMP with improve over the time with new firmware updates.

My 1TB External HDD (WD) working perfectly with WDTV is not even getting recognized by XMP the same was working perfectly with WDTV.Tryed with another 500 Gb external Hdd working properly diffrence =1tb was fat 32 and 500 gb was NTFS format (???) maybe have to reformat my 1tb hdd to NTFS

Wifi support is great esp with a free wifi Antenna- Definately a BIG advantage for XMP.another plus is copying directly to internal HDD from USB or network (tryed with external hdd but not on network.

Price (XMP)Rs.9990/- v/s (WDTV)7000/- to 7500/- payong 2490/- min more for Wifi Antenna Hdmi 1.3 internal HDD encloser depenends on requirement.

...and im expecting that XMP will have more community support as its open source so guys take your pick :clapping:

sorry for the quality of pics from my mobile phone:)

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 110
Hi got my Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) today my 1st impressions are given below all the comparisons are done with WDTV which i have been using form last 6 months

I agree with the issue with remote.

I used to have issues with videos hanging, especially HD videos which are around 30 GB in WD TV...Same files working smoothly in XMP. Till now, not faced any hanging issues with XMP.... Lets see...

FAT32 will only support files less than 4 GB.... So my external HDD (Seagate) is NTFS... I have not tested in FAT32....

ISO is working fine in XMP, but was not working in WD TV... I hope that the new WD TV 2 will support it....

I can't test WD TV any more, as I gave it to my cousin.

Thanks for the review.... expecting more..... :licklips:

seen a few movies today on XMP a few avi files are not playing i think two but that's ok.

Sree hari...the issue is not about size of movie i guess its more to do with issue of format NTFS/FAT32 XMB was not able to recognize my 1TB FAT32 HDD.

tried UPnP works excellent on network can add/delete files from my PC..
also saw a few you-tube videos directly from XMP -Good,:yahoo:

widgets like weather (there r more but checked only weather) has got lot of cities and is quite good.:clapping:

another added advantage is VOL/Contrast/Brightness settings big plus & vol control right from remote can can settings without completely going to main menu.:yahoo:

i personaly feel the interface spcially the color combination blue in WDTV is better against RED in XMP (may be cuz blue also is my fav color) but on a large screen (120" in my case-Optoma projector) blue looks cool.:mad: (will want future updates to give option of user changeable themes at least color scheme).

1.3 Deep color has a slight edge in PQ...IMHO (not much but is there)

the base stand is very poor in finish and also in size heavy chances of XMP falling down-may be a design change in future for stand.

Fan noise is there but not a big issuie much less than PS3 (mid) EVEN IN HIGH NOT MUCH AUDIBLE.

Tomm maybe try to upload a few pics of some movie scene with XMP in action..
regards

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back