WDTV Killer is here!

Some more review threads

Pre-release:
XTREAMER HD Media Player - Cheap & Powerful - Pre-Release Comments and Questions - AVForums.com

Post release:
XTREAMER HD Media Player - Comments and Questions - AVForums.com

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16805797

Seems like the new firmware his fixed few burning issues. It introduced speed control for the noisy fan. People say the sound of the fan if running @ medium or low is well under acceptable limits. Even 1080P is now displayed properly; the network issues are resolved etc.

Another competing product from NMT but it costs double of xtreamerUSD 300
!NEW! Next Generation NMT Popcornhour C-200 (First View + Specs)

what was the current price of the WD TV and X STREAMER in india or particularly in chennai ? and also which is the best one in use for HD audio and video, speifications, user friendly and upgradability.

what was the current price of the WD TV and X STREAMER in india or particularly in chennai ? and also which is the best one in use for HD audio and video, speifications, user friendly and upgradability.

WD is available at Delta in ritchie street for 7.5 with Bill and W. Xtreamer is not available in market. You have order from their site and they are now accepting second batch. You might get it by Sep. They are selling it at 200 Euros, so my calculation of the cost: 140 euros would be 9520 rs. Add to this 20% of custom, you have a total cost of around 11 to 12k.

Feature wise Xtreamer is good so is Popcorn. I wouldnt compare Xtreamer with WD TV bcos of the price point. Also, let Xtreamer establish in market, their website is expired and I would be worried to order today. '

If you want all bells whistle go with Popcorn, u want a neat HD player without networking and with warranty and support in India, buy WD TV

WD for 6.5k & Xtreme can be around 14k.
WD cant play true HDaud as it has HDMI1.2, Xtreme has 1.3?It can atleast passthrough.

WDTV does not support HD audio as far as I know. Xtreamer is available online ONLY. Xtreamer cost 99 Euro + shipping. WDTV is around INR 7k (+/- 500) in India

Thanks MBR, spiriovious, hubballi for all your expertised suggesttions.

Infact, im reading the posts of all the experts in this thread "Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player - a HTPC replacement?? "

thank u all..............:):):)

Last edited:
Thanks MBR, spiriovious, hubballi for all your expertised suggesttions.

Infact, im reading the posts of all the experts in this thread "Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player - a HTPC replacement?? "

thank u all..............:):):)

Thats the best place to get all info.

Xtreamer is 99Euro + 20 Euro shipping not 130 as I stated above.

Hubbablli: You are correct, WD wont even pass through HD Audio

Last edited:
WD is available at Delta in ritchie street for 7.5 with Bill and W. Xtreamer is not available in market. You have order from their site and they are now accepting second batch. You might get it by Sep. They are selling it at 200 Euros, so my calculation of the cost: 140 euros would be 9520 rs. Add to this 20% of custom, you have a total cost of around 11 to 12k.

Feature wise Xtreamer is good so is Popcorn. I wouldnt compare Xtreamer with WD TV bcos of the price point. Also, let Xtreamer establish in market, their website is expired and I would be worried to order today. '

If you want all bells whistle go with Popcorn, u want a neat HD player without networking and with warranty and support in India, buy WD TV

Read somewhere in the forums that they were saying that no one has to pay customs. Can find the link right now. What they did was price the package@$ 23.
Will dig up the links and let you all know :)

But they have clearly stated multiple times that the European people dont have to pay any customs/vat at all. So for them it comes around to be 119 euros.

Last edited:
hi saw this on net yesterday enquired with there sales office in Chennai is available for 6990/- + 4% tax as a intro offer any one seen this ...MBR/other friends may be u check as u r from chennai...
Pros
can record /pause live tv
browse internet
net radio
torrents
cheap wifi adapter (around 800 bucks)

Cons
720p
future format support as against fantastic upgrades by wdtv

MyBox :: HD Media Player/Recorder, MyBox Digital Video Recorder (DVR), HDMI support NV 300, NV 300T (DVR with Tuner)

and also let me know the formarts supported against WDTV

regards...:)

Last edited:
Hi,

The Xtreamer seems good VFM. The only issue people are talking is the fan noise. My be a problem if u intend to use it in small bedrooms.

cheers,
sri

Anyone used Xtreamwr here??Any first hand expereinces?
My Box is 700 P only but support DTS HD?

the real WDTV killer will be DivX 7 enabled players. No doubt about it. WDTV and its likes are flourishing now only because of the absence of DivX Plus HD.

Hi,

This is one of the early reports about the Asus player in one of the sites.

''Supported codecs include MPEG 1/2/4, H.264, VC-1 and RM/RMVB, with a list of file formats as long as your arm; check out the spec sheet below for full details. The O!Play HDP-R1 will also play back music and images, including FLAC and OGG files.

The absence of WiFi draft-n support will likely be a deal-breaker for many, though those who have eSATA hard-drives and would like to play content from them might find something to appeal here. No word on pricing or availability as yet.''

cheers
sri

Well now we have so many new players in the market it get's difficult to decide which one to go for depending on getting the bang for your buck.

But till now the most common player is the WDTV in the forum thanks to Ram and others. Few people do have an elektron too.

Also lot of new players have not been tested in the market and are just recently launched products which makes the task of buying them more difficult

Checked the link posted by Hubali - attaching the details from the same -

Attachments

• Players Specs.jpg
    Players Specs.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Back