WDTV Killer is here!

I emailed them to regarding the product they said the charge would be 210$ if paying through paypal due to paypal charges.

They also have an account transfer option, i am wondering which option to go for which is safe and suitable.

I have uploaded few advertisements that have come in papers for the same these were sent across by xtreamer india...

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1231/xtreamerht010909.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9603/xtreameramarujala230809.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3800/xtreamerthefinancialexp.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7854/xtreamertheindianexpres.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered one Xtreamer paying thru paypal XXXUSD got below mail:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for your payment for buying the following products from Xtreamer India:

1. Xtreamer Media Player & Streamer
2. WiFi USB Adapter 802.11n

Your Unique Customer ID (UCID): XXXXXXXX

We assure you that the products will be delivered on or before 5th September, 2009.

Regards,
Accounts Department
Xtreamer India
New Delhi

I already have a WD TV was looking for one Media player for my brother hence Xtreamer ..will compare with WD TV & post review with pic if possible

PS: can some one guide me on how to post pic..thanks

Last edited:
Another interesting product from iOmega.

Multimedia Drive: Screenplay Multimedia Hard Drives

I like the composite input option in this. Will help record cable/VCR outputs. Costs around USD 200 (inclusive of 1TB HDD). Some drawbacks though; does not support flac,H.264 HD needs a supporting software to play and HD output is max 720P; no 1080P output.

This is has recording functionality as well. You can record your TV programs.

ScreenPlay Pro HD Multimedia Hard Drive: Multimedia Ethernet and USB PC to TV Video Hard Drive

Ordered one Xtreamer paying thru paypal XXXUSD got below mail:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for your payment for buying the following products from Xtreamer India:

1. Xtreamer Media Player & Streamer
2. WiFi USB Adapter 802.11n

Your Unique Customer ID (UCID): XXXXXXXX

We assure you that the products will be delivered on or before 5th September, 2009.

Regards,
Accounts Department
Xtreamer India
New Delhi

I already have a WD TV was looking for one Media player for my brother hence Xtreamer ..will compare with WD TV & post review with pic if possible

PS: can some one guide me on how to post pic..thanks

Congrats on the purchase,only challenge being they are charging paypal fees once u order through there, and it is coming up to 210$, which will be around Rs 10,300 once the card billing comes ...

I have asked them for their account details , is it safe to do a money transfer ...

Congrats on the purchase,only challenge being they are charging paypal fees once u order through there, and it is coming up to 210$, which will be around Rs 10,300 once the card billing comes ...

I have asked them for their account details , is it safe to do a money transfer ...

Me and Ajaydelhi ordered the Xtreamer last month end. We have received the confirmation via email and sms. We are expecting the delivery with in one week. In my case, I have dropped a check in their account as there was no paypal/credit card option at that time. Next batch will be available by mid of this months I guess. You may email Xtreamer India and confirm.....

i did mail them sreehari , if i make the payment by eod, they are confirming delivery by or before 12th.

Hi Guys,

Seems like this player got lot of fans in this forum. Heard lots of complaints about this in AVS forum, may be people who are already using this system can help me with the clarifications.

Everybody is crying about the Fan noise, lack of DTS compatibility as promised in specs and system is giving weired results when playing .MKV and HD DIVX rips. The only reason I am interested on this device is for playing .mkv and HD Divx rips flawlessly and DTS audio.

Thanks
Satya.

Hi Guys,

Seems like this player got lot of fans in this forum. Heard lots of complaints about this in AVS forum, may be people who are already using this system can help me with the clarifications.

Everybody is crying about the Fan noise, lack of DTS compatibility as promised in specs and system is giving weired results when playing .MKV and HD DIVX rips. The only reason I am interested on this device is for playing .mkv and HD Divx rips flawlessly and DTS audio.

Thanks
Satya.
Quite true. Even I am still watching due to these complaints only. Probably our friends on HFV will be able to tell us exactly the full picture after they use the product. So guys who are buying or already bought this product, I would request a short review at least. This will help us all...

Hi Guys,

Thanks
Satya.

Hi Satya
I am a member and have read the forums you are talking about -

The new firmware update has option to control fan speed and the issue has been resolved. Personally each person has his or her own view about the fan noise, some hear it and some don't.

xtreamer does do DTS downmix and the feature is there.

The xtreamer is much faster than other players when going through interface viewing photos or other options.

the compatability with MKV is also higher and better than other players in the same price range.

The last firmware details and changes are given in the below link -
Xtreamer Official Forum • View topic - NEW! 1.0.2 Firmware released

Also find the link below for future firmware road map -
http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2471

The complaints are mostly about the delay in shipment and delivery of product for which most users are talking about .

I am myself researching on buying this box, as of now things look good for the same.

Rest you can wait when we have other members who bought it, review the same and revert back.

I had also attached a review earlier of xtreamer by hi jack, please go through the same ... in my previous posts

Last edited:
Thanks Dushie... anyways will wait for our forum guys feedback on this device. Couple of screen shots could be good.

Hope players selling through xtreamer India(Xtreamer.in) will have the updated firmware without any issues occured in the first batch.

Regards
Satya.

Hi Satya
I am a member and have read the forums you are talking about -

The new firmware update has option to control fan speed and the issue has been resolved. Personally each person has his or her own view about the fan noise, some hear it and some don't.

xtreamer does do DTS downmix and the feature is there.

The xtreamer is much faster than other players when going through interface viewing photos or other options.

the compatability with MKV is also higher and better than other players in the same price range.

The last firmware details and changes are given in the below link -
Xtreamer Official Forum • View topic - NEW! 1.0.2 Firmware released

Also find the link below for future firmware road map -
Xtreamer Official Forum • View topic - Firmware ROAD MAP - new features coming !

The complaints are mostly about the delay in shipment and delivery of product for which most users are talking about .

I am myself researching on buying this box, as of now things look good for the same.

Rest you can wait when we have other members who bought it, review the same and revert back.

I had also attached a review earlier of xtreamer by hi jack, please go through the same ... in my previous posts

Absolutely correct Dushie,

That is the reason why I have ordered the product. Their support forums are also very good. Only competitor for the price tag could be the up coming WD TV 2, which is yet to launch. We have to wait and see. Today I have received an sms stating that the Xtreamer has been dispatched via Blue Dart with the tracking number. So the count down is now started.....

Thanks Dushie... anyways will wait for our forum guys feedback on this device. Couple of screen shots could be good.

Hope players selling through xtreamer India(Xtreamer.in) will have the updated firmware without any issues occured in the first batch.

Regards
Satya.

Updating firmware is not a big deal....

Regards
Satya.

Well Satya, as per above post sreehari will be getting his unit shortly, guess he will be able to update us on the performance and review of the same.

Regarding firmwares update, i am doubtful what batch of units have been ordered by Xtreamer india dealer. I don't believe the dealer himself will physically open the box or do any updates as he will be shipping a sealed box.

Doing the firmware update is not a big challenge , as steps and details are given in the xtreamer forum and other posts on the net.

Please visit the below links for screenshots of the xtreamer that comes up on the screen

http://www.xtreamer.net/140/content-pages/Screen-Shots.aspx

Please check out below for video link and other details -

http://www.engadgethd.com/2009/07/2...a-video?icid=sphere_blogsmith_inpage_engadget

Also find all the details regarding the product below -

I was browsing though MPCClub and came across a quick write up on a new Media Streamer called "Xtreamer Media Player". Based on the price (EUR 99) this definitely fits into many folks budget. The Xtreamer has a very impressive spec sheet supporting a large amount of audio/video codecs including mkv h.264 and DTS-HD. The unit has room for an internal HDD and supports network connectivity (2 things the Western Digital TV HD Media Player does not). I must admit at this price point and with the specs provided, this does look very interesting. I am a big fan of the internal HDD option as I can load my son's movies and the device instantly becomes portable. This is not bad timing as well as my PCH has been flaking out on me lately. Also, since this device supports HDMI 1.3a (and also makes reference to DTS downmixing which I would want confirmation of) it may be awefully tempting to throw my SageTV HD200 on Ebay and replace with this. I will probably hold off making any judgment until some reviews start coming out. See below spec sheet and a couple screen shots taken from their website, which can be found here.

Specs:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_j4KhGmqQM6Q/Si2AjP_AYBI/AAAAAAAAAo0/7RaiXFJch3M/s1600-h/Xtremer+specs.jpg

Connectivity
WIFI
UPnP SSDP
UPnP AV
NTFS
Web services

Video : YouTube, Picasa, Yahoo Video, CNN, NBC Today, CBS Face the Nation and more
Audio : Live365 Radio, iPodcast, Radiobox, ABC News, BBC Podcast, CNN News , Indiefeed, Jamendo
Photo : Picasaweb
RSS feed : Yahoo! Weather, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Xchange, MSNBC News and more
Video containers:

MPEG1/2/4 Elementary (M1V, M2V, M4V)
MPEG1/2 PS (M2P, MPG)
MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, MTS)
VOB
AVI, ASF, WMV
Matroska (MKV)
AVC HD
MOV (H.264), MP4, RMP4
FLV - Flash Video
Video codecs:

XVID SD/HD
MPEG-1
MPEG-2
MP@HL
MPEG-4.2
ASP@L5, 720p, 1-point GMC
WMV9
MP@HL
H.264
BP@L3
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
VC-1
MP@HL
AP@L3
Audio containers:

AAC, M4A
MPEG audio (MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA)
WAV
WMA
FLAC
OGG
Audio codecs:

Dolby Digital
DTS (DTS DownMix Supported)
WMA, WMA Pro
AAC
MP1, MP2, MP3
LPCM
FLAC
Vorbis
Audio pass through : DTS, Dolby Digital, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR, Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus
Photo formats : JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, HD JPEG
Other formats: ISO, IFO, FLV, RM, RA, RAM
Subtitle formats : SRT, SMI, SUB, SSA, IDX
Streaming formats : RTSP, FLV

Chipset

Realtek 128X (Special Edition)
Memory

256MB DDR SDRAM, 32MB Flash
Audio/Video outputs

HDMI v1.3a (up to 1080p)
Composite Video
Stereo Analog Audio
S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio
Interface

1x USB 2.0 slave
2x USB 2.0 host
Internal SATA
Network

Ethernet 10/100
WIFI USB Antenna 802.11n (optional)
Power

12V DC, 3A
Dimension

Width 10.5"(180mm) x Depth 1.25" (32mm) x Height 2.25" (82mm)
Weight 2.2 lbs (1Kg)
Package Content

Xtreamer (HDD not included)
100~240V Power Adapter
1.5M length HDMI cable (optional)
WiFi 802.11n USB Antenna (optional)
Audio & Video Cables
Remote Control with 2 "AAA" batteries
USB Slave cable
Quick start guide

Last edited:
Hey ! I have received my xtreamer and it looks stunning. Got an SMS yesterday evening with AWB No. of blue dart and today morning I got it. :yahoo:

Amazing. :clapping:

I will post the pics pretty soon.

Hey ! I have received my xtreamer and it looks stunning. Got an SMS yesterday evening with AWB No. of blue dart and today morning I got it. :yahoo:

Amazing. :clapping:

I will post the pics pretty soon.

Me too..... received Xtreamer this morning and tested the movies... Everything working absolutely fine...

Congrats Ajay & Sreehari on setting up your xtreamer.:clapping:

We all have been waiting for a long time for this day to come ...

Do test the units out and give us your reviews and feedback which will help the other members in making decisions on the product.

Also i believe that the title of the thread should be changed from (WDTV killer is here) to (Xtreamer the new kid on the block) as we have plenty of post here with vital information here on the product and reviews.

Xtreamer which I have received.

Firmware is latest - 1.0.2
Fan sound - can hear if you want (speed was set as medium by default)

-----------------------------------

Firmware download link http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2648

Xtreme forum http://forum.xtreamer.net/

According to Xtreamer the Firmwares will be released in these days :

with HD GUI and improved core elements , major bug fixes of faster networking speed in both wired and wireless and new internet radio (live radio + shoutcast ) and powerful music jukebox that fully supports PLS files and even BD ISO support with hopefully Blu Ray menus

with XMJ integraetd with support for music + movies + pictures cover art. Folder playback - you will be able to get info OSD about any file or even play directly the contents of folders by clicking PLAY on the RC while you are on the media library.

The video took using my mobile.

YouTube - Xtreamer1

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back