WDTV Killer is here!

Well now we have so many new players in the market it get's difficult to decide which one to go for depending on getting the bang for your buck.

But till now the most common player is the WDTV in the forum thanks to Ram and others. Few people do have an elektron too.

Also lot of new players have not been tested in the market and are just recently launched products which makes the task of buying them more difficult

Yes this market segment is evolving and we will see lot of action around this in couple years. I wont be surprised if HDTV & DVDP manufacturers integrate these chips in their products. They already support DIVX.

Asus it seems is not available yet...any news of it's availabality ( in US) and pricing?
Anyone bought xstreamer?

Asus it seems is not available yet...any news of it's availabality ( in US) and pricing?
Anyone bought xstreamer?

Well there is lot of discussion happening but no buying, it can be due to the availability of the product locally, or the cost ...
Saw lot of posts on xstreamer but haven't come across any member who bought the same.

Procuring a product from abroad and warranty is also a challenge which is making the decision of buying these products more challenging.

I myself waiting to get some updates on these products once any member from the forum ventures out to buy one.

Initially I was going to buy the xtreamer, but seeing that its actually a test product for Mvix MCE, which will be same thing but available in stores, i decided to defer my purchase.
MvixMCE

the above site isnt really telling much, but as one can see the product is same as xtreamer.

WDTV2 is also coming, so one should really wait for these two before making a purchase.

Found the pricing on the Asus : 119 euros.
Asus O!Play HDP-R1 HD Media Player, only 119 | Gadget Folder Free Gadget Review
If Asus can provide Indian warranty, like WD did then it should be good product.

Also xtreamer will release a 3.5 inch hard disk model as well. It makes sense because then it can easily accomodate a 1 TB drive, and since it will have torrent function anyway, it is pretty good.

Last edited:
i got this mail from the company a while ago,

from Xtreamer India <[email protected]>

Thanks for your inquiry.

Xtreamer is being sold in India by Xtreamer India, a unit of M/s. N.V. Trading. The price of a single unit is Rs.9,990/- plus shipping charges. Shipping is done by Blue Dart Courier.

Please be informed that it will be an original and genuine Xtreamer product that comes with bill and warranty (warranty terms as mentioned at xtreamer.net)

If you want to buy it, you will need to deposit cash/cheque in our bank account or send us a cheque/DD.

Regards,

Sumit Kumar
Director - Sales & Marketing
Xtreamer India

Thanks for your inquiry.

Xtreamer is being sold in India by Xtreamer India, a unit of M/s. N.V. Trading. The price of a single unit is Rs.9,990/- plus shipping charges. Shipping is done by Blue Dart Courier.

Please be informed that it will be an original and genuine Xtreamer product that comes with bill and warranty (warranty terms as mentioned at xtreamer.net)

If you want to buy it, you will need to deposit cash/cheque in our bank account or send us a cheque/DD.

Regards,

Sumit Kumar
Xtreamer India

I am a bit wary when the only payment options are cheque cash or DD. Dont they accept credit cards or paypal? You may get a bit more buyer protection from these.

If on the other hand some one has positive buying experience then its may be legit operation

I have taken a demo of this popcorn hour, it had several features which did not appeal me, and the cost was just too high, over 22,000/- bucks. My goal was to see the downloaded movies and wdtv just does that, with the basic features, the cost is so cheap and a good brand too.

Vinay.

I'm curious about Popcorn Hour A110 and C200. Not too keen on the later though. Anyone seen it in action?

Popcorn Hour A110 Video Review - TrustedReviews

Thanks for your inquiry.

Regards,

Sumit Kumar
Xtreamer India

Yogikgf, I got the same email... Please update if u have any news

I have taken a demo of this popcorn hour, it had several features which did not appeal me, and the cost was just too high, over 22,000/- bucks. My goal was to see the downloaded movies and wdtv just does that, with the basic features, the cost is so cheap and a good brand too.

Vinay.

i know the guy who distributes the popcorn hour in mumbai from a different source - in whatever attempts my source tried to tell him that at 22k it is too expensive and could sell at a 1-3k premium, he would not buy it. Lets see how many he can dump on unsuspecting customers - i hope not too many

Thanks for your inquiry.

Regards,

Sumit Kumar
Xtreamer India

If u buy from Xtreamer site, It's cost with shipping comes to $170. Around Rs. 8500.

A friend of mine bought it got delivered yesterday and he had to pay Rs.2,100/- as custom duty. :(

So overall damages were 8500+2100 = 10600.

Saw somebody else also paying same amount on other forum.

Thats bad, for personal use, custom duty...pleasseee.

BTW, I have deposited money with Indian dealer on 24th August, and I got this email:

"Dear Mr. Xxxx,

Hi !

Thank you for your payment for buying the following products from Xtreamer India:

1. Xtreamer Media Player & Streamer
2. WiFi USB Adapter 802.11n

Your Unique Customer ID (UCID): XXXXXXXX

Please provide us the following details to complete our database:

Name:
Company Name (if any)
Address with pin code:
Mobile No. and/or Landline No.

We assure you that the products will be delivered on or before 5th September, 2009.

Regards,

Xxxxx Xxxxxx
Accounts Department
Xtreamer India
New Delhi
"

Last edited:

Thanks for your inquiry.

Regards,

Sumit Kumar
Xtreamer India

I happened to mail the same person and asked him if I could physically go and pick it up from their office (DD/cheques are too shady)

I got a reply saying you have to send 25% as advance and you can pay the rest at the time of delivery. Their office is in Rohini in New Delhi. And he also mentioned that he is close to this target for the first batch of orders which stop on 28th Aug i.e. tomorrow.
Units from first batch would be despatched by 8th Sep
Second batch would be a month later i.e. around 21st Sep

They are quite prompt in replying to emails, thats the good part. He also mentioned that leading tech shows on TV would carry reviews of Xstreamer over the weekend

I guess I will wait till batch 2

xtreamer seems to be a good product the initial reviews are good, cost wise it is damm cheap is you can procure directly from outside and ask someone to get it for u, 99 euros is not much.

Few people in India have bought the same and reviews have started to come out.

I found one such review which is in PDF, as the file size is large i cant upload it here, so i am uploading the same in rapidshare and sharing the link below -

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

I came to know from friends and members on the other forums that people who have bought it for 99 Euros actually paid Rs.10,600/- in India.

99+20 Euro for shipping = 8500 plus 2100 as custom duties.

Keeping that in mind I made a better deal and I am getting it for Rs.10k and that too before this Saturday. :yahoo:

Just in case u guys want to see Xtreamer India website

www.xtreamer.in

Last edited:
ajay yes the local seller here is giving for 10k + shipping, but if u have someone coming from abroad then he can buy and carry with him, that is the best option in which u will end up paying less.

Congrats on your purchase, do let us know once u have the product setup, it will be a good experience to share with other members here

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back