DVDp/BlurayP with USB 2.0???

aneelr

Hi,

Aren't there any DVDp/BlurayP in the market with a USB 2.0 movie port and HDMI out.

Thanks.

Hi,

Aren't there any DVDp/BlurayP in the market with a USB 2.0 movie port and HDMI out.

Thanks.

Blu-ray Disc player

Philips - BDP7500SL/51

DVD player with HDMI and USB

HDMI 1080p DivX Ultra

Philips - DVP3388/94 Cost: 5k with included HDMI cable. (Source:net)

Last edited:
Hi,

"Additional Media Formats - Additional disc and file formats, such as audio CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, AVCHD, MKV, and other audio/video/picture files on recorded discs or USB drives can be played back on the BDP-83"

Found this on Oppo's site,

Mr. madbullram sar, have you tried this technique, EHDD->(via USB)Oppo-83->(via HDMI)HDTV to paly .mkv/.m2ts files......

Anybody else (OPPO BDP-83 owners) can you conform this????

Thanks.

Hi,

"Additional Media Formats - Additional disc and file formats, such as audio CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, AVCHD, MKV, and other audio/video/picture files on recorded discs or USB drives can be played back on the BDP-83"

Found this on Oppo's site,

Mr. madbullram sar, have you tried this technique, EHDD->(via USB)Oppo-83->(via HDMI)HDTV to paly .mkv/.m2ts files......

Anybody else (OPPO BDP-83 owners) can you conform this????

Thanks.

There is also JVC XV-BP1, called as poor man's oppo. it doesnt have analog outs, but can play most of the formats (cd, dvd, divx, mkv, mp3, avchd, m2ts), from dvd as well as from usb port. costs about 200$, but has been seen going as low as about 150$. Has upscaling as good as an oppo (dont flame me, thats what people say). Loads quite a few discs faster than an oppo. I am also personally eyeing one.

Another good candidate for playing diff formats will be lg 390. costs about 240$. has wireless and analogs also.

I was really surprised to find out that most of the bluray players are not able to play other formats. panny 80 can do divx, other pannies cant, many of them cant play mp3 from a dvd also.:mad:

Last edited:
Yes Oppo BDP83 has USB port in it and it plays all kind of media files you mentioned in your other post but there is a limitation on the file size as it doesn't support NTFS file system so any file larger then 4 Gb is out of the question.

Yes Oppo BDP83 has USB port in it and it plays all kind of media files you mentioned in your other post but there is a limitation on the file size as it doesn't support NTFS file system so any file larger then 4 Gb is out of the question.

Hi,
Thanks dude, and this FAT32 complaint problem is there with all Bluray Players available in the market right???? Or is there any player which is NTFS complaint.

Thanks.

Hi,
Thanks dude, and this FAT32 complaint problem is there with all Bluray Players available in the market right???? Or is there any player which is NTFS complaint.

Thanks.

Atleast I haven't came accross such a player yet. For NTFS formatted HDD I have bought Xtreamer and pretty happy with it. Handles all files quite well.

Hi,

Thanks.

I believe the issue is that microsoft charges licensing fees from anyone wanting to use ntfs and nobody wants to pay that, so most of the times it wont work. you can split the mkv files using mkvmerge tool. its gui and quite easy. it also does almost no processing, just reading and writing the split data streams.

There is also JVC XV-BP1, called as poor man's oppo. it doesnt have analog outs, but can play most of the formats (cd, dvd, divx, mkv, mp3, avchd, m2ts), from dvd as well as from usb port. costs about 200$, but has been seen going as low as about 150$. Has upscaling as good as an oppo (dont flame me, thats what people say). Loads quite a few discs faster than an oppo. I am also personally eyeing one.

Any idea where in Bangalore i can get the JVC Blue Ray player.

I doubt that because players need read only - and my knoppix live cd quite a few years back could read easily from ntfs. I am sure they wouldn't have paid any money to M$
I believe the issue is that microsoft charges licensing fees from anyone wanting to use ntfs and nobody wants to pay that, so most of the times it wont work. you can split the mkv files using mkvmerge tool. its gui and quite easy. it also does almost no processing, just reading and writing the split data streams.

LG has BDP no 390? which has good reviews..

Yes, a lot of reviews say it reads NTFS formats. ............ but product not available in india ............ one of my other thread titled "LG BD390!!!!! Owners" has got some of the reviews from other forums.

cheers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back