Dynaudio focus 140 or focus 200

@suri
The Neil Young I gave him was Harvest-his favorite album.Mine too for many many years.But I like to move on.I lent my ears to Dylan and Young for twenty years but in the late 90's my interest started petering off.For the last decade or so I have felt that one's ENTIRE life should be dedicated to listening to Bach.Everything else is a waste of time.But with my new speakers I have discovered the pleasure of listening to all the major composer again and in fact recently I have not played much Bach.I used to spend a lot of time with Miles Davis but now I am tiring of him.His best work was done when he had John Cotrane as his sideman in the late 50's.But personally I view all Miles Davis albums including the iconic 'A Kind Of Blue' as JOHN COLTRANE albums with Miles,Cannonball,Wynton,Jimmy and Paul kind of tagging along.From 1957-1965 John Coltrane performed in a 'Stellar Region' where ordinary mortals-musicians,critics,fans got left behind and the Gods came in for a listen and 'cracked their palms in naked wonder':clapping:at the enormity of Coltrane's creation.
I remember reading somewhere(if my memory is not playing tricks)that Miles Davis once slapped Coltrane for reporting late(and stoned) for a recording.I have always wondered whether that slap was the act of a disciplinarian or a Salieri gnashing his teeth and tearing out his hair at the genius of Mozart.

Amadeus is the finest Hollywood take on the unbridgeable gulf that separates the mediocrities from the rare once in a century man/woman blessed with the power to create something eternal.
Leonardo Da Vinci said-"Most men live and die having produced nothing except excrement".
Thanks Leo!For having reminded us of the limits of our 'creation'.:sad:

My vote for 20th century's genius goes to FRANZ KAFKA.In -The Trail,The Castle,Metamorphosis,The Judgement,In The Penal Colony-he sensed,suffered and voiced every sub conscious drive/fear/anxiety/dream that future generations would experience and endure for centuries to come.Modern life can simply be divided into before having read Kafka and after....

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back