Earphones to replace ipod's...

mailme.manju

Hey guys, My ipod nano's earphones are faded to one-side...
So planning on getting a new earphones...
Is there any other better earphones than the original ipod's earphones under 2k?

I need enormous bass..

if you really like the ipod stock headphones, i have a brand new pair which i could ssell to you for 800( i got it with my ipod, but i dont use it...)

however, id still suggest yuou go for something better...

cheers

Thanks guys.. I need tons of bass...

Philips she9750 looks good..

How is the sennheiser cx180, cx270 & Razer moray??

Last edited:
Tons of bass -

EP630 (muddy bass) and CX300 (midbass humped) are the usual suspects.

I think Sony MDR-XB21EX would have tons of bass. I think this is the improved version of the XB20EX. You can read some of the reviews at Amazon to get an idea. Going by Joker's review of XB40EX (and 182 other IEMs), I suppose Sony is a safe bet for bassy signature.

MEElectronics M31 has tons of bass, but a bit outside the budget I guess. Here's my review of them. In brief, the bass is more sub-woofer like - something you can feel rather than hear. But, that's not a great feature as it actually does not know how to keep the bass in control. But, it would be a different sensation for sure.

JVC Marshmallow for 550 odd is a good bet for a starter IEM. For such a low budget IEM, it's bass quality is very good. However, I am not sure if it can deliver to the satisfaction of bass-heads who are lusting after quantity.

Brainwavz M2 - has a bumped up mid-bass, warm, smooth signature overall. The quality of bass is very good, but extension is not so great. The bass is not hard hitting as typical bass-head IEMs tend to be - it has a soft and smooth character. I won't bunch M2 with "tons of bass" IEMs as I mostly think of them as warm, smooth, do nothing wrong phones with a forward mid range, ably supported by bass than otherwise.

Many IEMs from Xears, a German manufacturer who re-brands Chinese OEM products (BTW, Brainwavz is re-branded International version of the Visang) has more bass than M2. M2 is not bass light by any means, but there are better ones when it comes to quantity without sacrificing much on quality. I still think M2 as a very good IEM good for hours of listening. I did a long comparison of Brainwavz and Xears here.

Over your budget, Difficult to get, but ... better options, IMHO

Fischer Eterna ($65 + shipping or Rs. 3300 from Lynx if it ever comes back in stock) - huge, bloated mid-bass enough to satisfy any bass-head's craving, good extension too for rumbling. It has very good sound stage which most bass heavy IEMs lack.

Hippo VB ($79 from Jaben) - Actually, it is not huge on quantity. But, it has one of the clean, snappy bass around. The focus is more on the sub-bass region, but the mid-bass is normal leaving a neutral, recessed mid.

I would say...

If you want to buy something cheap, go for PL11

M31 has the quantity you need, but the price at Lynx is higher. So, may be go for Sony XB21EX.

Go for Brainwavz M2 if you want something different, not just bass alone (It does not lack in bass, but not as huge quantity as Eterna or M31 and probably Sony as well). It has forward mids, a fatigue free, warm, smooth signature that is largely inoffensive on the ears. It is a bit beyond your budget though!

As already said, you can get the earphones with enormous bass at the given price point lest you don't have much problem with the so called 'muddy' nature of the same.

One good option apart from the above mentioned ones will be soundmagic pl18, which has a balanced sound with reasonable bass. Some bass-heavy phones sound very unpleasant on musically detailed songs.

As far as philips she 9750 is considered, its not very good for its price. Last year I bought she9620 and my friend got she9750 on same day. She 9620 sounded neutral and detailed whereas 9750 was harsher.

I suggest you to look for earphones that have better quality-bass than more-bass if you plan to have just one earphone for most kind of music like rock/pop/trans/classical,etc

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back