• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Earphones under 15000

Marantz offers at HiFiMART.com

karthik_ashok

Etys are awesome. I own an ER4p and love it. But they can be pretty boring to listen to and can be painful for long listening. They scale up well with amplification. If u want to get into ety’s I would suggest the XR version as to the SR version. Looking at the freq graph SR would be very dry and analytical, not to everyone’s taste.

SachinChavan

Etys are awesome. I own an ER4p and love it. But they can be pretty boring to listen to and can be painful for long listening. They scale up well with amplification. If u want to get into ety’s I would suggest the XR version as to the SR version. Looking at the freq graph SR would be very dry and analytical, not to everyone’s taste.
It’s a relative choice. I chose SR above XR for it’s linearity. And I don’t find it lacking at all in musicality. Most importantly, I value that what I am listening is as close to how it was recorded as possible (in the budget). SR is not dry/analytical - that would be the case if it favoured the highs - which it doesn’t. It’s just revealing. I like to differentiate between great, good and average music and the SR helps me do that.

But those who prefer added color to make most of their music sound interesting might prefer the bass bump of the XR. Nothing wrong there too.

As for the comfort, one gets used to the ‘deep into the ear’ positioning of the Etys. After a few minutes of putting them into the ear, I forget they are there. The superior SQ perhaps helps - it’s like speakers that vanish.