Edifier C2 or C3?

Please bear in mind FiiOs have short life spans. :p
I put in some thought into the Xonar DX and the FiiO DAC idea's (the FiiO E10 won't work, E7 will) and at present I agree it doesn't seem that I'll be benefiting to a great extent in the additional 5k expenditure on them. Not buying them.

OTOH, I'm going to be getting some nice glass wall racks in the next couple of days to perch up the two satellites against the walls. Will post a photograph of it after it's all complete. :)

@gurujee: Thanks mate! I paid 4.7k (including VAT).

@Rockfella: I happened to own an FiiO E5 a few years back. It worked for a good couple of years and then the internal battery gave up, wouldn't charge at all. :sad:

congratulations! so now the config is all set! and i see that the looks of the speakers have been changed/improved.

aren't those 'frog-leg' stands on the satellites removable?

@TheSeeker: Many thanks! :)

I see a screw which is holding the frog stand to each of the satellites so I guess they can be unscrewed and removed. The frog stands come with a hole inbetween them, like a nail point through which the satellites can be wall mounted. IMHO though, that would look a tad ugly when hung with the stands on. They would seem to jut out from the wall and won't be particularly pleasing the eyes.

I have made 2 glass stands on the wall a little higher than my desk and my ears. Placed small rubber pads on the glass and then mounted the satellites on it and secured them so that they don't drop accidentally. I love the overall build quality of the Klipsch ProMedia's excepting one thing:

DSCF1371.jpg

^^ Those inner plastic grills which hold the front soft protective foam on each satellite speaker. The small joints on those plastic grills are anything but good quality. That's probably the only area where my gripe lies, other than that these speakers are top-notch. Worth every penny.

yes, indeed the satellites would project an awkward look, if installed with those stands. now that you have the glass-mounts ready, just place the satellites on them. you must've already placed them by now. let us savour one look of the set-up now. :)

I threw my dead FiiO E5 day before yesterday when i cleaned up my pc. :eek:
@gurujee: Thanks mate! I paid 4.7k (including VAT).

@Rockfella: I happened to own an FiiO E5 a few years back. It worked for a good couple of years and then the internal battery gave up, wouldn't charge at all. :sad:

@TheSeeker: Here are some photograph's of the speakers:

Klipsch Sattelite (A-skew View):

DSCF1429.jpg

Klipsch Sattelite - (Front View):

DSCF1428.jpg

PC Desk - (Front View):

DSCF1430.jpg

Logitech Z-5500D Satellites (Mounted way high up, around room):

DSCF1432.jpg

My Gaming PC Chassis:

DSCF1427.jpg

Connections:

Gaming PC: Logitech Z-5500D via Toslink Cable from Asus Xonar DX.

Gaming PC Specs: i5-2500k, Corsair H80, Gigabyte P67A-UD3R-B3, 8GB G.Skill Snipers, Sapphire HD7850, Asus Xonar DX, 60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe SSD, Corsair GS800, 4TB storage, Dell ST2320L, Lian Li A70F Full Tower.

PS3: Logitech Z-5500D via Prolink Toslink Cable.

Klipsch ProMedia 2.1: Connected to a Dual Core headless system (music only rig w/ Foobar), 320GB WD Black, 500GB WD Green + Asus Xonar DX. (Accessed by TeamViewer).

:)

Last edited:
Hi shibashis :)

Sridhar here. I am new to this hifivision forum.

I also own Edifier C3. Please help in purchasing a good sound card for my Edifier C3 and also guide me how to connect Edifier C3 to a sound card as they are wired speakers but not speakers with jacks

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back