EDIFIER R1700BT 2.0 Bluetooth speakers

sree0320

Today we have received this speaker set which is unexpectedly having small form factor. I have got it for my colleague on Amazon sale for 9000inr. It is in fact very small set out of the box. I haven't seen any speakers of this size as of now.
I won't say it as an entry level Hi-fi pair for an audiophile. But, It is definitely the one for a middle class audio enthusiast. They sound amazingly sweat with out any fatigue. My friends were stunned with the sound. Of course even me☺️.
I strongly felt that it is VFM for even the original labeled price 20k.
Two of my colleagues order them again.
Before auditioning separates like amplifier and speakers I suggest to give them a try if you wanted to have a new set.
I think it definitely stands out after burning in.
This impression is after listening to them for almost 6 hours.
Lastly they sound surprisingly loud which is sufficient for many.

I have tried Edifier 1850DB. Even they were nice (Bought it from amazon for 13.5K). My ears love bass so found it bit low to my taste. But souns clarity was amazing. Any siggestion over the sub-woofer I can use along with it?

You can try with the prep owned subs available on hifi ads if you want to go with a good one.
Below 20k there are multiple options like taga, Polk, yamaha, thonet&wander etc
For a decent sub you have to spare some 30k.

I have tried Edifier 1850DB. Even they were nice (Bought it from amazon for 13.5K). My ears love bass so found it bit low to my taste. But souns clarity was amazing. Any siggestion over the sub-woofer I can use along with it?

Hi Edifier are known to make excellent powered speakers for many years now...Swans and others compete with them....

Based on the specs of the Edifiers you have....go for a sub which can deliver more lower frequencies ...then it makes sense to add a sub...

https://htstore.in/index.php?route=product/category&path=109_61&sort=p.price&order=ASC

https://www.hifimart.com/speakers/subwoofer/

Based on size (placement) budget (wallet) and overall performance (going as low as close to 20hz) decide on the brand and model.....many dealers available online......check who offers the best price and take the plunge!

All the best!

Thanks for the reply. Finally decided that I would return my Edifier speakers and would settle for 2.1 . Decided to go for thonet and Vander Rastel bt 2.1 . This I decided as in near future I will be shifting to my new home (that would be owned by me) and will have a full fledged Home theatre, (budget around 2 lakhs...with wife's approval ;))
Couldn't audition Rastel but decided to go for it based on online reviews and some gut feeling...

F&D, Thonet etc cannot match serious speaker companies like Swans, Edifier etc. This should be no contest in my opinion.

i had one in 2009 in my college days(no idea of model it costed uner 9k for a 5.1). that is the first speaker that impressed me while all those logitech and iball and others were the main players in entry and mid budget pc speakers. Nehru place had only one dealer for edifier then.
But no one really knew about this brand in those times. I remember a friend comparing my speaker to an Sony as Sony had more bass. I ball F&D,Jack martin Sony,Philips all of them were just pathetic in that budget comparing with edifier.Now also marketing seems poor but that is better as prices are reasonable.
Looks like they have a great lineup of new active stereo speakers from low to high end. Great Edifier

any one else using any newer higher models please share your experience.

any one else using any newer higher models please share your experience.
I'm using the Edifier Luna e25 and it is a stunning piece of art. It is low profile and good for small desk spaces. With the passive radiator, this small set of speakers puts out decent amount of bass complemented by good mids and highs. The touch controls and remote add to the convenience and elegance. A lot of people ask me what that black shiny thing is, and it brings out a lot of smiles when I play music on them. Folks looking for decent powered Bluetooth speakers that look like some art collection should definitely consider these.

Bought a set of Edifier 1700 BT 2.0 from Amazon at INR 10.6 (discounted price). Use it as an external speaker for my very basic VU TV and some occasional music.
I am very pleased with my purchase. Obviously, the TV sound showed huge improvement. What surprised me is the performance of it as music speaker. I own some modest level music system , a Bose Soundtouch Music System, for a long time and comparing the performance of Edifier with it, only left me very surprised. In a positive way.
IMHO, Edifier 1700BT scores very high in value for money parameter.

[Disclaimer: I am 50+ years old and definitely have lost the ability to hear some audio frequencies]

Edifier is a serious player in the multimedia/PC speaker segment. Back in the day I dreamed of getting an Edifier C3, I think it sold for around 11-12K more than a decade back. It was a heck of a lot of money for someone fresh out of college or in college, so never could afford it.
I did buy one of their 5.1 set ups, those were the best computer speakers I owned and I did own quite a few over the years.
Creative Inspire range in the very early 2000s when they actually were quite good, then the Altec Lansing ATP3 (the tight thump out of its woofers still is like a sweet dream for my ears), Logitech and so on. Edifier bettered them all.

I will pick up the Edifier S1000DB someday for a living room setup, I have faith in the brand.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back