ELAC B6 vs Boston A26 vs Wharfedale Diamond 220

mejobhoot

Hi Guys,
I live in Pune. I have listened to Elac B5 and found it quite good. I am inclined to buy the B6 based on rave reviews. However, I cannot seem to find a shop that can demo me the B6.

Alternately, hifimart is selling Boston's A26 and Wharfedale Diamonds at discounted price. I am told these companies have foregone R&D and live off mass production in China. Both these companies are controlled by Chinese conglomerates. I am also at a loss in finding a shop that will demo me A26 and Diamond speakers.

I kind of dont know what to do... Please help. Please let me know which shops will demo me these 3 brands.

Regards.

Hi

All these 3 are more or less at Par with performance with slight differences in specs, build quality and cost....

Audition is a must....most are inclined to ELAC....Boston Acoustics and Wharfedale have been around for many years and make good products...

All these can be auditioned in Mumbai through the many dealers.....HiFi Mart also provides demo for their products being sold in Mumbai by prior appointment...

If possible, come to Mumbai if there are no dealers in Pune to audition and decide....you can possibly plan a half day out here.....

All the best

Have you auditioned Elac or others. Which is decided and what is the price i am also looking at the same stuff. Maybe we can group by.
Swapnil Mumbai

Elac B6 is a recently launched and spec wise it seems to be going lower in frequency response than the others but still audition is the key. Dont buy speakers based on others advice. The diamond 220 and ba a26 has a five star rating from what hifi and elac b6 has not yet been reviewed.Pricing wise A26 seems good enough. BTW HifiMart doesn't provide audition for any brand except wharfedale. I contacted them many times but no audition for any other products.

Hi, I am a satisfied user of A26. At the discounted price it's a no brainer. It's smooth and full bodied sound, built well and easy to listen to. It's sort of an all-rounder suited for both music and movies. Buy a pair at this price and upgrade later. You will not lose much money either. I haven't heard Elacs but when compared to the diamonds the A26 fares well. I don't say better but may be evenly matched. The A26 partners well with most amps also. Buy a pair now and you can use them for surrounds later when you upgrade. Cheers

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,
I live in Pune. I have listened to Elac B5 and found it quite good. I am inclined to buy the B6 based on rave reviews. However, I cannot seem to find a shop that can demo me the B6.

Alternately, hifimart is selling Boston's A26 and Wharfedale Diamonds at discounted price. I am told these companies have foregone R&D and live off mass production in China. Both these companies are controlled by Chinese conglomerates. I am also at a loss in finding a shop that will demo me A26 and Diamond speakers.

I kind of dont know what to do... Please help. Please let me know which shops will demo me these 3 brands.

Regards.

Having used the B6 for a number of months I can tell you, they amazing speakers. They have excellent Low and Mids. Highs are good, however, at times you would wish for a bit more,if your tastes are towards brighter speakers. In most cases you can easily getaway from having a Sub in your chain.

They are not as warm as Wharfedale 220 when compared on a Marantz 5.1 receiver.

Have not heard BA A26, so cannot comment on them.

MaSh

Thanks. What do you mean by 'not as warm as..'? I am not aware of this jargon.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

I had seen from this forum that many are commented that polks are brighter speakers and wharfedale are warmer speakers. What is the difference between warmer and brighter.
Someone Please explain this point by comparing polk tsx 220b and wharfedate diamond 220. How polks are compared with elac B6/boston a26.

There is no comparison of the BA A26 with an elac B6 mate. Ur comparing an apple to a grape..... The price difference itself speaks volumes, pun intended. Read some reviews of the elac b6.

Don't know much about the polk 220b.... Maybe other's can clarify.

Hi Guys,

Regards.
Can you share the dealer address where Elac B5 audition is available in Pune. Please share the price and deal details if you have any regarding Elac B5 and C5.
Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I think "Oceanic Sound and Vision" on M.G. Road has ELAC / Q Acoustics in display you could go there.

Can anyone let me know where I could audition Wharfdale in Pune?

If you have any regard for Andrew Jones then ELAC is the way to go !:D

A few people said that BA A26 bass might be boomy , So I got WD220.
Couldn't audition.I am using WD 220 and they are working well

Thanks. What do you mean by 'not as warm as..'? I am not aware of this jargon.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Bright = what some would call shrill (i.e. high frequencies pop out a bit more) - Most would consider mildly bright speakers (like KEF Q300) good for critical listening as they will often give a better sense of the details in the sound (e.g. the tonal changes as the vocalist opens and closes his/her mouth)

Warm = A little laidback sound , a little less detailed but great for non critical listening - less fatigue on the ears if you prefer your music to blend in the background for long listening sessions

Last edited:
i have Elac B6 for around 2.5 months and they are singing. before purchasing i auditioned various bookshelf and floor-stand speakers like dali zensor 3 and 5,sonodyne sonus series ,polk audio tsx series,whaferdale 220 and finally zeroed out on elac B6. because of sound signature,center imaging and you don't need any subwoofer for music(2 channel audio).
in all this audition i liked dali zensor 3 and elac B6 ,both are great sounding speaker. under 30k budget you can't find anything better than zensor 3 or Elac B6. dali have brighter sound signature and elac B6 have something warm signature but not as warm as whaferdale 220. so first thing is auditioned is must and trust your ear.

I have auditioned the Elac Boston's and the Diamonds.. Elacs sounded much better than the two over all to me.. they seem to be balanced in terms of sound.. will soon be buying the ELAC F5 amd paring them up with Yamaha 481

I have auditioned the Elac Boston's and the Diamonds.. Elacs sounded much better than the two over all to me.. they seem to be balanced in terms of sound.. will soon be buying the ELAC F5 amd paring them up with Yamaha 481
Thanks for your inputs, could you please share the price as well for Elac speaker and dealer details as well if possible.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Sound is a very subjective thing and for me the Wharfedales bring the mid range to life. I have the Diamond 121s and time and again I have been startled at how amazing the mids esp female voices sound.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back