ELAC vs Dali (Debut F5 vs Zensor 7) & (Debut B5/6 vs Zensor 1/3)

thank u all.. will have a listen to the KEFs as well..

unfortunately my list of potential speakers keeps getting bigger

Same here. After exploring a couple of towers and talking to numerous dealers over the week, I would be auditioning the Elac B6 and probably the Q Acoustic 3020 tomorrow. The B6 is now available for 28k, which makes it a really nice deal I feel. The price has been steadily falling from 32k to 30k and now to 28k. Wondering whether the speaker is actually as good as the reviews sound. Any owners of the B6 here?

Below is the list of speakers I have explored past week. PS: Not auditioned all of them though.

polk 330 - 30k

pure acoustics - super nova8 - 27k.

Jamo - s 426 hcs3 - 22k

Mission mx3 - 47k

mission vx4 - 40k

whaferdale diamond 230 55k 20%discount

Tannoy mercury v4i 60k

Would love to hear from those who can pitch the B6 against the above speaker models. My budget is +-30k. So that eliminates few purely based on budgetary reasons.

MaSh

Last edited:
Mash - Why suddenly Dali zensor 3 is missing from your preferred list ?

He he that was the list of models I could audition.

I picked up a pair of Elac B6 in the end and loving them to bits. A Huge improvement over my earlier Polk TSi 220.

MaSh

I picked up a pair of Elac B6 in the end and loving them to bits. A Huge improvement over my earlier Polk TSi 220.

MaSh

Do you know where in Bangalore I can audition the Elac B6 speakers?

Looking for bookshelf speakers and I've listened to the Dali Zensor 3 today. Want to check out the Polk Tsx220 and the Elac B6 before finalizing.

"Do you know where in Bangalore I can audition the Elac B6 speakers?"

Yes, there's an Elac dealer in Rajajinagar about 50 meters from the metro station there. Here's a phone number you can call: 080 4163 8060.

Do call them and check if they have them in stock though. I went there last week and they didn't have the bookshelfs in stock but had the Elac floorstanders. They said they'd have the bookshelfs this week. I might go there on Thursday.

Now a question for you, where did you get to audition the Dali's? I'm not able to find anything in the Indiranagar or MG Road area.

Now a question for you, where did you get to audition the Dali's? I'm not able to find anything in the Indiranagar or MG Road area.

Don't know the dealers in Indiranagar, MG Road area.
But you can check HT Store, JP Nagar for Dali.

"Do you know where in Bangalore I can audition the Elac B6 speakers?"

Instead of the ".." quotation marks, click on the "Quote" button below the post. The original poster will also get a message that he has been quoted like you would have now.

Can anyone provide price of dali zensor 7 and Tannoy mercary v4 in
delhi the best i have got Rs 50k in someone in karol bagh. The amp which is to connect is Maranzl pm 6005. Thanks

MaSh

Did you finally get your B6 for 28k? Can you share your dealer details pls.

Did you finally get your B6 for 28k? Can you share your dealer details pls.
Yes for 28k from modern world. I heard prices have gone up since then. Speakers too have moved on from my home.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

how do you compare DALI Z 3 VS ELAC B6
If you are looking for solid bass and have an amplifier with at least 100w at 8 ohms go for the B6. If you are looking for a more rounded speakers with better highs and mids and sufficient bass get the z3.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Hi

My AVR is pioneer vsx 921 . WILL IT BE OK

IMO go with ELAC B6, should match perfectly with Pioneer. See if there is a possibility of auditing the same with carrying your AVR to the store. Its worth giving it a try ;)

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Panasonic dmp bdt220

Hi

My AVR is pioneer vsx 921 . WILL IT BE OK

Yes it should be okay. I was driving mine by a Marantz NR series receiver rated at 50w. More power made them sound better. However, with a Pioneer, yes B6 would be better suited than the Dali in my opinion. Do try to audition if you can.

MaSh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back