ELAC vs Dali (Debut F5 vs Zensor 7) & (Debut B5/6 vs Zensor 1/3)

Zensor 3 is for 28k. Q Acoustics 3020 sounds like a good deal. i am not sure what is the price of that and if its better that zensor 3

3020 are in the same range i think, maybe a couple of grand lesser or more. Do audition them if possible.

Also, i was checking amazon.com and they have free shipping to India on elac b6 selling for $280. I could not find any info on customs or any additional charges. Not sure if it's worth it.

MaSh

3020 are in the same range i think, maybe a couple of grand lesser or more. Do audition them if possible.

Also, i was checking amazon.com and they have free shipping to India on elac b6 selling for $280. I could not find any info on customs or any additional charges. Not sure if it's worth it.

MaSh

I checked .. after import duty/int shipping .. the cost is 38k

Agree, shiping and customs are in addition to the $280 quoted price. Will be around 38k in India after including all so would be better to get from India with warranty.

Whatever it is, recommended yo definitely audition both, if possible together else same day. During my hunt I found the z3 to be better then the q3020, but that was my listening. haven't heard the q concept series. Audition and go for whichever suits your listening....all the best

Whatever it is, recommended yo definitely audition both, if possible together else same day. During my hunt I found the z3 to be better then the q3020, but that was my listening. haven't heard the q concept series. Audition and go for whichever suits your listening....all the best

yes i think that is the best option.. will go and listen to the 320s and Z3s and decide..

@OP,

What is the time duration you have in mind between buying the FS/AVR and building up rest of the system? The reason I ask so is that often after the first purchase, with shortage of funds :)lol:) and the pleasure of a nice sounding 2.0/2.1 system, the rest of the system components are either prolonged or never bought. So you may as well as focus on 2.0/2.1 experience than trying to make an assessment through a 5.1 experience.

Speaking from my own experience :)

Cheers

Lol.. same here bro.. I am in the same boat. will keep u guys updated as and when i take the audition

Did you get a chance to hear them. The prices that I could find out here in Bangalore are as below

1. Elac B6 - 32k listed price. Can come down to 30k
2. Q Acoustics 3020 - 28k and 25k respectively in two outlets
3. Zensor 3 - 25k in almost new condition from someone on OLX.
4. Bose AM5 - 28k which includes a new version of the cubes, now enclosed in a single unit, along with the passive acoustimass module.

PS: Posting here since my shortlist matches that of thread opener's. If a new thread is recommended, I shall create one.

MaSh

@OP,

What is the time duration you have in mind between buying the FS/AVR and building up rest of the system? The reason I ask so is that often after the first purchase, with shortage of funds :)lol:) and the pleasure of a nice sounding 2.0/2.1 system, the rest of the system components are either prolonged or never bought. So you may as well as focus on 2.0/2.1 experience than trying to make an assessment through a 5.1 experience.

Speaking from my own experience :)

Cheers

duration is 3 months

Did you get a chance to hear them. The prices that I could find out here in Bangalore are as below

1. Elac B6 - 32k listed price. Can come down to 30k
2. Q Acoustics 3020 - 28k and 25k respectively in two outlets
3. Zensor 3 - 25k in almost new condition from someone on OLX.
4. Bose AM5 - 28k which includes a new version of the cubes, now enclosed in a single unit, along with the passive acoustimass module.

PS: Posting here since my shortlist matches that of thread opener's. If a new thread is recommended, I shall create one.

MaSh

i have not had the opportunity to audition them yet.. but if u do.. plz let me know

Have you explored and discarded KEF in this quest? Q500 for FS and Q100 for sorrounds are good options too.

yes .. i did.. but they r a bit old.. and in most reviews i found that DALI, Q acoustics and ELACs r a bit better than them .. with slightly newer technology

My personal experience was quite different from the reviews, slightly at least, my listening found me liking the KEF q series more than the Q acoustics 30 and 20 series, for both music and movies, especially for music and then liked the Dali zensor series to be the best balance for my budget considering a 50/50 usage for movies/music....Go purely by your own listening experience, reviews are again based on that individual's listening

As for the newer technology, minus the use of more exotic material for tweeters, I do not often see paradigm shifts in speaker technologies. Not at the price range us mere mortal operate. So as mentioned by @nitinsanand, go with what you like than what reviewers say.

Plus, I think the UniQ set up of KEF continues to be a USP and not necessarily any older from tech perspective.

Don't get me wrong - not selling KEF to you and the current choices are equally nice but go with you hear and not what you read.

As for the newer technology, minus the use of more exotic material for tweeters, I do not often see paradigm shifts in speaker technologies. Not at the price range us mere mortal operate. So as mentioned by @nitinsanand, go with what you like than what reviewers say.

Plus, I think the UniQ set up of KEF continues to be a USP and not necessarily any older from tech perspective.

Don't get me wrong - not selling KEF to you and the current choices are equally nice but go with you hear and not what you read.
+1 to that....go for what you hear rather than the technology on paper when it comes to speakers.... Is a fantastic learning and journey when you're going through the whole phase of auditioning and decision making. You're never going to be a 100% satisfied irrespective of what you choose, go by what you hear is closest to your liking

thank u all.. will have a listen to the KEFs as well..

unfortunately my list of potential speakers keeps getting bigger

would you like to include a kef iq5 available in Mumbai ?

if so - please PM and i will send you the contacts.

Note - i have no commercial interest please

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back