electric in wall wires and cables

mekr

i am putting up a dedicated power line for my audio system,for which i require recepctacles and in wall electric wires can anybody suggest where these are available in mumbai or any importer also importing wires from any brand

i am putting up a dedicated power line for my audio system,for which i require recepctacles and in wall electric wires can anybody suggest where these are available in mumbai or any importer also importing wires from any brand

Try RR KABEL 4sq mm wires for your dedicated power line. I am using the FRLS (Fire Resistant Low Smoke) grade. It is of very high quality and is one of the few Indian companies certified for their quality. I got to know of them because my company (I work for an Australian Bank) insists on using only this brand in new buildings and the same is true for most MNCs.

I am not using any special receptacles for audio power line. I am using sockets from Anchor Roma as I find these to be of good quality and easily available every where. There are other good brands like Legrand, MK (A Honeywell Company), Clipsal, ABB, Siemens etc but they are only available in a particular area in Bangalore.

Hi Mekr,
Depends how much u are really willing to splurge on cables/sockets really.
Finolex/polycab will surely work well (make sure u get genuine as there are tons of junk available) and for wall sockets MK, Anchor are fine.
If one wishes to splurge then its never ending really and someone like Marbin Colah will offer u a few high end sockets in bbay. (9819257839) BElden is a reasonable option and is available at SPECTRA CONNECTRONICS @ Lamington road, Bbay.
I have used finolex for wires and sockets i got from the UK (wattgate i think).
Seems to be OK
Rgds

Not sure if its Anchor Roma but there are pure silver plated plugs and sockets in the local market.

I dont recall the brand

Cheers

To add to what Cranky has said, I have used Finolex 7/20 cables with Fire Retardant capabilities throught my house. This was done about 15 years ago. The ends are still shining copper whenever I have opened a few boxes to change a switch or a socket. I have used MK wall plates, switches and sockets throughout. I have had no issues with these cables. Excessive power drawing or a short in some equipment would immediately result in a trip in my mains junction box. Nothing would happen to the unit or to the cables.

Cheers

To add to what Cranky has said, I have used Finolex 7/20 cables with Fire Retardant capabilities throught my house. This was done about 15 years ago. The ends are still shining copper whenever I have opened a few boxes to change a switch or a socket. I have used MK wall plates, switches and sockets throughout. I have had no issues with these cables. Excessive power drawing or a short in some equipment would immediately result in a trip in my mains junction box. Nothing would happen to the unit or to the cables.

Cheers
Finolex FR 7/20 has been used in my house also and they have worked well in the last 13 years. However, we have had a bad experience with MK mostly with sockets and fan volume controls. I bought some MK components for replacement and found them to have improved hugely, especially in the last 5 years or so from what I heard.

ps: If it helps anyone, MK and Anchor Roma wall plates and switches are interchangeable.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back