Electrical contact cleaner - spray

naveenroy

Can anyone let me know if I can purchase Electrical contact cleaner in the form of a spray can online? I did a search on Google and found out that they are available at dealers and someone from tradeindia also asked me to contact a specific shop on SP Road. But due to work timings, I would not be able to go directly. Is it available anywhere online?

Appreciate your help!

Can anyone let me know if I can purchase Electrical contact cleaner in the form of a spray can online? I did a search on Google and found out that they are available at dealers and someone from tradeindia also asked me to contact a specific shop on SP Road. But due to work timings, I would not be able to go directly. Is it available anywhere online?

Appreciate your help!

HI,

Zorrik 77 is a electrical contact cleaner.You should be able to find it in local hardware shop.

Regards,

Sachin

As far as I am aware, Zorrik is a lubricant and a rust remover. I am not sure it can be used as a electrical point cleaner.

This is what Pidilite says about Zorrik:

"Zorrik-88 is a specially formulated multi purpose maintenance spray in aerosol can, with Carbon Dioxide (CO2) as propellant. Zorrik-88 maintenance spray cleans rust from steel surface, protects steel from corrosion, lubricates moving parts and displaces moisture.The propellant is environment friendl ... "

Generally it is not recommended that you spray anything on an electrical point. Use something like Isopropyl Alcohol on a cloth or strong tissue and use the wet area to wipe the points. Then ensure it is completely dry before using the point. Use a hair dryer or blower to dry the point.

Cheers

Last edited:
As far as I am aware, Zorrik is a lubricant and a rust remover. I am not sure it can be used as a electrical point cleaner.

This is what Pidilite says about Zorrik:

"Zorrik-88 is a specially formulated multi purpose maintenance spray in aerosol can, with Carbon Dioxide (CO2) as propellant. Zorrik-88 maintenance spray cleans rust from steel surface, protects steel from corrosion, lubricates moving parts and displaces moisture.The propellant is environment friendl ... "

Generally it is not recommended that you spray anything on an electrical point. Use something like Isopropyl Alchol on a cloth or strong tissue and use the wet area to wipe the points. Then ensure it is completely dry before using the point. Use a hair dryer or blower to dry the point.

Cheers

Just found it on web.Zorrik-77

STOP!!!!! what are you planning to clean? For interconnects and connectors on your AVR or pre/pro etc., a bottle of isopropyl alcohol is more than sufficient.

Appreciate your help!

Thank you all for the suggestions. Will pick up a decent electrical contact cleaner this weekend. Looks like I will have to go to SP road after all.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back