Emotiva Basx A300 Power Amplifier

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
Thank u Uday. That's a good idea. Might just do that for a comparison. It's also made my internet radio much more enjoyable for music while having some rum in the evenings.

The Marantz AVR has adequate power which is untapped......you would need to do manual adjustments for speaker levels....i am sure it will deliver almost the same experience if not 100%.....

If you have not sold the tube amplifier yet, try using it as a preamplifier. Might be fun.

@MaSh come over anytime on Ur visit man. Fronts are on 60 or 80 depending on how I feel.

Bookshelves are set to small.

Easy peasy setup no complications.

Will do man next time I am there. Settings look good, although you try setting them to Large with LFE setting to LFE+Main.

MaSh

Will do man next time I am there. Settings look good, although you try setting them to Large with LFE setting to LFE+Main.

MaSh

What would be the benefit for that? The speakers are very small in physical and driver size. I don’t think it can handle low frequencies. So u saying I should turn off the sub or keep the sub on and set the bookshelves to large?

Congrats :cool:.
What next Klipsch FS? to match with Emotiva;)

If I buy anything more I’ll be living on the balcony. Strict instructions from wife. Now only thing that’s pending is a quality subwoofer and I’m good to go!

Good for you dear. Enjoy.
I had quite a similar experience when I added a power amp to a stereo integrated amp (fortunately it had pre outs) a long time ago.
LFE + main would mean have bookshelves as large along with sub. This would not limit the speakers to the AVR setting. That should help.

What would be the benefit for that? The speakers are very small in physical and driver size. I don’t think it can handle low frequencies. So u saying I should turn off the sub or keep the sub on and set the bookshelves to large?

LFE + Main will help with possibly much better bass delivery.....since you hear music or watch movies at conservative levels .....which I know for a fact....no harm in enjoying quality tweaks and performance ..your low volume level listening will be much much better and detailed.

If I buy anything more I’ll be living on the balcony. Strict instructions from wife. Now only thing that’s pending is a quality subwoofer and I’m good to go!

If the existing (Borrowed on loan) Def Tech sub is harmonised well with the SM 45s....why look at another sub? The specs of this sub is good too...given its compact size too.....

I would pay a lot to see him stand on that 11 x 11 inch cube sub........ ;) and perhaps do a college Jig

Good for you dear. Enjoy.
I had quite a similar experience when I added a power amp to a stereo integrated amp (fortunately it had pre outs) a long time ago.
LFE + main would mean have bookshelves as large along with sub. This would not limit the speakers to the AVR setting. That should help.

Ok thank u. But that also means if I’m watching action movies with passages of loud explosions and rumbles, the low frequency is directed to the sub AND the bookshelves? Won’t that be a little too much for the little bookshelves? For music, maybe. But movies with a lot of blasting and rumbling, won’t it be too much bass to handle for the bookshelves?

You can refer to avr manual, setting it to large depends on drivers cone area.
So there is a risk involved

But that also means if I’m watching action movies with passages of loud explosions and rumbles, the low frequency is directed to the sub AND the bookshelves? Won’t that be a little too much for the little bookshelves? For music, maybe. But movies with a lot of blasting and rumbling, won’t it be too much bass to handle for the bookshelves?

It is best to use LFE setting as this setting will route the bass below the crossover point to the sub.. This will work for both music/movies..

If you use LFE + Main, the bass will be duplicated across sub-woofer & other speakers regardless of the crossover..

Exactly my thoughts. Hence I kept the speakers as small and crossover at 80 or 90hz. And LFE setting only. So I guess there are two schools of thought here

what happened to the goldenear center channel how are you feeding power to that ?

just seen that they are not there in the pictures either

Ok thank u. But that also means if I’m watching action movies with passages of loud explosions and rumbles, the low frequency is directed to the sub AND the bookshelves? Won’t that be a little too much for the little bookshelves? For music, maybe. But movies with a lot of blasting and rumbling, won’t it be too much bass to handle for the bookshelves?
Oh yes, that would be a problem. I was thinking only for the music. You might need to change the settings each time you change between movies and music. Oh, the things we do for this hobby of ours.

Exactly my thoughts. Hence I kept the speakers as small and crossover at 80 or 90hz. And LFE setting only. So I guess there are two schools of thought here

Yes there are...given the conservative levels you listen to music or watch movies....your speakers can easily handle well....try....

what happened to the goldenear center channel how are you feeding power to that ?

just seen that they are not there in the pictures either

I had just removed it from the bracket while fitting the emotiva, it's definitely there. It's being fed directly from the marantz.

Oh yes, that would be a problem. I was thinking only for the music. You might need to change the settings each time you change between movies and music. Oh, the things we do for this hobby of ours.

Yeah I know haha. I keep fiddling with the sound all the time anyways. Fingeritis as they call it ;)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back