Emotiva Basx A300 Power Amplifier

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
Yes there are...given the conservative levels you listen to music or watch movies....your speakers can easily handle well....try....

Music conservative absolutely, not so much for the movies. Volume is way up when I'm watching movies (alone). :p just sat through Bahubali with the family....what a load of crock that was, waste of three hours of my life, emotiva or no Emotiva!

Exactly my thoughts. Hence I kept the speakers as small and crossover at 80 or 90hz. And LFE setting only. So I guess there are two schools of thought here

Right.. Precise setting would be LFE.. However, LFE + main would suit someone who likes too much bass..

Music conservative absolutely, not so much for the movies. Volume is way up when I'm watching movies (alone). :p just sat through Bahubali with the family....what a load of crock that was, waste of three hours of my life, emotiva or no Emotiva!

Haha...you should see the spoof content on Youtube....that's much much better .....

OMG, never thought there would be so many goofs :eek:. Dimag ghar par rakh kar dekhna chahiye ;). Applicable to theatre viewing only, I guess. What does one do at home :confused:
But, then, one sees these films for the special effects which were pretty awesome for an Indian film.

OMG, never thought there would be so many goofs :eek:. Dimag ghar par rakh kar dekhna chahiye ;). Applicable to theatre viewing only, I guess. What does one do at home :confused:
But, then, one sees these films for the special effects which were pretty awesome for an Indian film.

There is so much available over Youtube.....I stumbled on this by accident and we were all having a good laugh at home....like this so many other video reviews....serves as stress buster....

As for the film with special effects etc.....I must say awesome for an Indian Film....

Experiment is the name of the game. The advice was for the volumes you listen to. If you are listening at higher volumes, then I won't keep those cross over settings.

What are the speaker level and input level numbers in the receiver? What large plus life+main will do is route the bass to your sub and speakers, as mentioned above. At your volumes it should give a more full bodied sound. No harm trying it out. With the power amp you have brought in a lot of flexibility and options to experiment in your setup. So why not.

MaSh

Yes mash absolutely true. In fact for music I have kept it at large. When I watch TV at home with family I don't change anything. Only when I'm watching some crazy mean Blu-rays, I switch over to small and LFE only. Makes sense and works for me. Will still keep fiddling around.

Yes mash absolutely true. In fact for music I have kept it at large. When I watch TV at home with family I don't change anything. Only when I'm watching some crazy mean Blu-rays, I switch over to small and LFE only. Makes sense and works for me. Will still keep fiddling around.

That's perfect. This is why many have separate setups for music and movies. But we need to make these switches to make do with one setup for both.

That's why I wished receivers came with custom profiles. That way we can have multiple profiles for different moods, purposes, etc. Change profile and all relevant settings are in place. He he.

MaSh

That's perfect. This is why many have separate setups for music and movies. But we need to make these switches to make do with one setup for both.

That's why I wished receivers came with custom profiles. That way we can have multiple profiles for different moods, purposes, etc. Change profile and all relevant settings are in place. He he.

MaSh
Yamaha Rx v series and up do. It has scene profiles that you can assign source and settings to, just one button switches to the assigned source and audio settings.

Congratulations on your purchase of power amp, its indeed a good choice! You should be looking for a good preamp with the amount saved I guess ( BTW I've read the balcony reply of yours). I really appreciate mentioning the price affront in the discussion, which most of the threads lack. It helps lot of prospective buyers.

I use LFE +Mains mostly, while keeping the FS Set to LARGE ; it provides an even bass across the listening area in my opinion. Setting the front speakers to large doesn't work well if you have bookshelf speakers though; Its worthwhile if you have large Floor standers. Also buy 2 subs instead of one if you have bookshelf speakers in the front.

The more I listen to the emotiva, the more I love my LP's. Was listening to Cliff Richard and some Grover Washington Jr this evening, boy that was enjoyable. Lots of detail and energy at low volume.

Best part is even in this hot summer, both the Emotiva and Marantz remain cool.

Bought from Mr. Darius Kotwal who owns Total Home Theatres in Mumbai.
Amp arrived from Delhi from Acoustic Arts who are the official distributors of Emotiva.

Have dealt with Darius before. Great guy.
Got the SVS sub through him last year. Didnt know he did Emotiva as well.
Spoke to hm after seeing your post regarding A-300.
Just received the XPA-2 Gen 3 from him.
I've also just got a XSP-1 Gen 2, bought separately.
Unfortunately, I've just relocated from Mumbai to Lucknow, so all my AV gear (including the 2 Emotivas) are still lying unopened.
Will take at least a couple of weeks to set it all up.

Feeling desperate. :(

Congrats for your purchase .. marantz and emotiva are both known for their musical capabilities. So you are sure to enjoy music with this extra power. I too was thinking to buy either emotiva a300 or crown xls 1502 to power my polk rti a7. Not sure which one to go for as both costs the same. Let me know if you / any FM here have suggestions on either of them.

What led me to the emotiva was the brand and the look. I'm sorry I'm slightly biased towards a branded name. Plus the crown xls, even though it's a good amp from what I read on the internet, just didn't catch my eye.

Congrats for your purchase .. marantz and emotiva are both known for their musical capabilities. So you are sure to enjoy music with this extra power. I too was thinking to buy either emotiva a300 or crown xls 1502 to power my polk rti a7. Not sure which one to go for as both costs the same. Let me know if you / any FM here have suggestions on either of them.

Crown has been in the professional power amp space for almost 20+ years.....still used by many DJs and Sound guys i know.......look at the connectivity options etc and take a call...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back