• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

emotiva TA 100 combo amplifier

Easy EMI Options at HiFiMART.com

rpanand25

I came across this would be release from Emotiva

https://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/pres-and-pros/ta-100

It ticks the right boxes for the entry level with a attractive price of $399.
Plethora of digital and analog inputs,240 volt operation,USB B input,sub out,decent 50 watts and Emotiva name.

The question is what would be the sound signature like. I know there are lot of variables involved and of course my demo could only be the clinching factor. Further built in DAC could also alter the sound a bit. But it is pre booking now with august 16 delivery No chance to demo in near future.

i would assume that it would follow Emotiva house signature.
I am having infinity primus P 163 bookshelf .
Infinity Primus P163 Review 2015 | AudioRumble.com

Can those familiar with Emotiva give a ballpark opinion of the sound vis a vis the likes of marantz NAD Yamaha entry level amps.

Last edited:

efernand1

Hi

NAD, Marantz, Arcam and Rotel are comparable side by side with their features and signature performance.

Emotiva is good and there are a few who use the same. I am satisfied with Marantz for the last 4-5 years now.

rpanand25

I took the plunge and booked Emotiva TA 100 recently. This will be delivered in USA. The shipping date is 25 September. Hopefully i can get it shipped thru somebody thereafter to India.
Got a deal on Labor Day with 15% off on mrp $399.

MY question is what type of USB cable i need to buy to connect amp with laptop?

Is it USB 2.0 A-B Male Cable
See the back panel view

emotiva.com/sites/default/files/styles/product_very_large/public/ta100_rear.png?itok=xkYHx6AE

TA-100 | Emotiva

Now will these work -The first is from emotiva itself - others are cheaper

1. MUSB | Emotiva
2. https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CNYFKBF13AT1Z86V40VB

or there any other USB 3 etc which would be better?

Another question What Bluetooth adapter would be optimum for this amp as adapter is to be bought separately.

Last edited: