EMT 938 Pictures

Thanks Olly42 and Stevieboy. The Rethms need space behind them. There is no other option

Last edited:
prem - room and setup is done very well. I think my wife will agree on spending few lakhs if she seems this, and with a promise that I will keep it this simple :)
I do not find TT visually attractive, but I hope its sound is out of this world.

Hi Anm, Thanks. The TT has a very industrial look. It sounds very nice and i guess thats what matters.

Hi Prem,
that is a very interesting looking turntable. Setup and room layout is wonderful indeed. Does the arm has any VTA adjustments I mean do you do any adjustments when playing records of different thickness?
Thanks.

prem - room and setup is done very well. I think my wife will agree on spending few lakhs if she seems this, and with a promise that I will keep it this simple :)
I do not find TT visually attractive, but I hope its sound is out of this world.

Brother anm, I guess you mean a few TENS of lakhs ;)

But yeah...wifey will not have a problem with such an elegant setup :eek:hyeah:

Thanks Mahiruha

No VTA adjustments. No spirit level adjustment. Its a dynamically balanced arm. Even if i tilt the table to 45 degrees, it plays perfectly. Tracking force is the only thing you need to adjust and for that too there is a self calibrated scale. So no need for any digital gauge. From an operational perspective its a dream machine.

Thanks Mahiruha

No VTA adjustments. No spirit level adjustment. Its a dynamically balanced arm. Even if i tilt the table to 45 degrees, it plays perfectly. Tracking force is the only thing you need to adjust and for that too there is a self calibrated scale. So no need for any digital gauge. From an operational perspective its a dream machine.

Hi Prem,
well that feature then makes the table even more interesting.A hassle free turntable without those gauges and stuff makes the experience even more enjoyable.Didn't know such a thing exist. Another thing is did you notice any significan't difference using a power conditioner, special power cord combo with a TT.
Thanks.

Hi Mahiruha

The table seems immune to everything. Very negligible difference between an expensive power cord and the stock cord. Also does not make a difference if the table is placed on marble or wood or stone or on ground or on a rack. This is the first piece of equipment i have had in the last 15 years which has been so well engineered. Absolutely hassle free. Its like operating a cd player.

thanks for bringing me back to mother earth. I can't dream of owning such expensive products as prem's.
But what I meant was similar clean setup like this :)

Brother anm, I guess you mean a few TENS of lakhs ;)

But yeah...wifey will not have a problem with such an elegant setup :eek:hyeah:

Had the good pleasure of finally having the opportunity to listen to a really well synergised rig after a very long time. Prem has really done his home work well & it shows in his set-up. The EMT 938 may look very staid & industrial but its such a beauty in every aspect, it has to be heard first & then seen to be believed!

The EMT is truly worth every penny that Prem has spent on it. Its simplicity is also what is so very endearing to someone who likes a non complex & easy to use TT(I Thought such a TT was a myth). You can say its as simple to use as a conventional cd player.

There was a limited variety of music to listen to (well atleast for my taste :eek:hyeah:) but Prem is on the way to build a good collection of English Titles that too in M+ condition :) Whatever he played sounded so clean that I was really finding it hard to hear those pops & crackles that one associates with a TT/LP sound. You could be blind folded & think your hearing a CD Player play this wonderful music, That Good! Mind you, in this case the one & most important thing to note which I feel is common to a TT sound is the very important 'HUMAN TOUCH & CONNECT' that is so important to one self, that it cannot be expressed in words, which I feel cannot be achieved with a CDP(however high end it may be - My Personal View of course - lest I get flamed by the CD fanboyz:lol:)

In English, heard tracks by Neil Young, Dire Straits, Cat Stevens, Eagles, Simon & Garfunkel. The icing on the cake for me was listening to Pink Floyd's 'Money' from 30th Anniversary DSOTM Edition (Hemants Pride & Joy ;)) in all its glory & I was literally transported into another dimension & It was like I was live in concert :licklips:
Heard some Hindi Music too but then I am not an expert in it & maybe Hemant can fill you all in on how he liked it. Since Hemant was carrying his Black Album of Metallica, was most eager to listen to it but just about 30 odd seconds into 'Enter Sandman', I felt it sounded horrendous & requested Prem to stop playing it. Wondering what was wrong - Prem highlighted the fact that it was a remastered copy & that was the reason for it sounding so dull/lifeless/crap:mad:

Now I'm really bitten hard by that EMT Table & do no think that I will come across another table that sounds so sweet/clean & is so very easy to use!
Hope to make another visit to Prem's place when he has some of these in his collection (Hope you don't mind Prem) :lol:

Deep Purple, Led Zepellin, Rush, Uriah Heep, Def Leppard, Eagles, Chris Rea, Sade, Astrud Gilberto, Jethro Tull, Santana, Eric Clapton, Steely Dan, Rainbow, Boston.... man the list is truly L O N G :D

These Artists will surely sound awesome on his rig.

A parting piece on Prem, he truly knows what is he is looking for, does his re-search very minutely & then pulls the trigger, resulting in him getting the desired results. Also highly appreciate his openess & simplicity - kudos to him & his hospitality!

Personally, I feel that Prem has achieved his audio nirvana & am glad that atleast one of our brethren has done so.

Thanks & Best Wishes.

Denom, you are most welcome any time. I feel we guys in Mumbai should meet regularly and make it a point to keep in touch.

Hi Prem

Congrats -was not following the forum recently so late in this thread.

Your set up is too good - we can feel it .

Just a query , as your EMT sounded better - what is the price ratio of you last Esoteric and current EMT ?

Cheers

I think I will have to invite myself to Prem's house :)
Prem - how did you get hold of this TT? I think it is not manufactured anymore.

Hi Pratimbayal

The EMT is about 40% cheaper than the Esoteric.

Hi Anm

My EMT is a 30 year old table which has been restored to factory specs by ex engineers of EMT.

Prem,

I completely missed this post. I was away abroad and must have missed between sporadic visits to HFV.

Terrific looking EMT. In fact I have seen them in action in radio stations. I don't care how it sounds and is a dependent on zillion other things, but the TT is worth the buy for life!

Cheers.

Hi Anilva

Thanks. It sounds fabulous. IMO it would give a run to most $25000 tables of today.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back