Dr Feickert Firebird TT

reignofchaos

Just got this baby. It is pre-owned and I would never be able to afford a new one at current prices. Tomorrow the arm will be setup and I will start spinning on what is possibility my end game TT.

The tonearm is a Thomas Schick and the temporary cartridge I borrowed from @Dr.Bass is an EMT JSD Gold.

More pictures and samples of it playing soon after the tonearm setup is done.

Attachments

• IMG-20240217-WA0143.jpg
    IMG-20240217-WA0143.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG-20240217-WA0146.jpg
    IMG-20240217-WA0146.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 87
Tonearm is on the TT but I am unfortunately missing arm to cartridge headshell leads. Any idea where to buy these from?

Tonearm is on the TT but I am unfortunately missing arm to cartridge headshell leads. Any idea where to buy these from?
Hi :)

Can you please post a few pics of the arm's cart mounting section and your cart too, so that we can check. Is your EMT with a headshell or is it a naked cart.

If there are really no leads, then the arm will have to be rewired. I think there is one gentleman in delhi who can do it for a fee if you ask him nicely. But lets hope it doesnt come to that. More after you post the pics.

Edit : By the way....your new TT is gorgeous 😍

Gorgeous TT indeed!
As YM inquired, does the cart have a headshell with it or is it naked? Generally a headshell would have leads pre fitted in it. Are you looking for a headshell or just the leads in the headshell? If it's headshell leads that you are looking for, I've found Cardas to be a good brand

Gorgeous TT indeed!
As YM inquired, does the cart have a headshell with it or is it naked? Generally a headshell would have leads pre fitted in it. Are you looking for a headshell or just the leads in the headshell? If it's headshell leads that you are looking for, I've found Cardas to be a good brand
The headshell is a temporary Jelco. I am ordering a couple of headshells from Thomas Schick in a day or two (one graphite, one resin) so I shall ask him about the cables as well to go with them. In the meanwhile might get a cheap set from a friend to get the TT functioning.

OMG!! Nice. I just grin ear to ear whenever I see good audio friends get into a rabbit hole that he will never get out of. That must be a really good deck. You should get in touch with Nandan. He was totally in bliss ( at the cost of a much lighter wallet ) when he picked up a Dr Feickert deck couple of years ago.

OMG!! Nice. I just grin ear to ear whenever I see good audio friends get into a rabbit hole that he will never get out of. That must be a really good deck. You should get in touch with Nandan. He was totally in bliss ( at the cost of a much lighter wallet ) when he picked up a Dr Feickert deck couple of years ago.
We are already chatting almost daily and planning to meet soon. He has the Feickert phono which I am really interested in listening to.

This is the best that Dr Feickert makes and also fully upgraded. The TT is just the gateway drug. Now there are arms, cartridges, phonos, SUT - it's not a rabbit hole - it is a black hole.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back