Enabling the STB to receive free channels

nath

Hello friends,

My subscription to Dishtv has expired and I am not renewing the subscription as I am now interested in receiving only the free channels of DD DTH services.

The User's Manual of my Digital Set-top Box (Zenega CD-1005S) says "if any smartcard is not inserted, only free channels are available". However, after removing the smartcard from the box, I am not getting the free channels and I find I am unable to re-set the STB for receiving the free channels because of the soft-ware installed by Dishtv. Can anyone tell me how to remove this soft-ware and re-set the STB for receiving the free channels and also if there are any service centres in Chennai to whom I can entrust this work?

Dishtv is most non-cooperative. They say that I will get refund of the cost of the STB only after 3.5 years and they have not replied to my request to enable the STB to receive the free channels.

Nathan.

well , considering that u have posted somethign about dish tv in a hi fi forum says much about your general understanding capabilities. i would not be too surprised if your set in fact work but u havent been able to fogure out whast to do with the remote.

please refrain from putting trash like this here.

Puchoo, would it be possible for you to make your point in a more courteous manner?
We are all equal here, and are all learning-none of us is perfect!

well , considering that u have posted somethign about dish tv in a hi fi forum says much about your general understanding capabilities. i would not be too surprised if your set in fact work but u havent been able to fogure out whast to do with the remote.

please refrain from putting trash like this here.

Puchoo, you will do well to remember that members expect a knowledge-based and courteous response and not a discouteous and meaningless reply like the one you have sent. You will also do well not to behave as if you are the sole repository of all knowledge. If you are not interested in a subject, skip it but don?t rush into sending a meaningless reply that only exposes your weakness and confirms the truth of the age-old saying ?Fools rush where the angels fear to tread?. I wish you be endowed with the good sense to mend your supercilious attitude. To say the least your remarks on my understanding capabilities are reprehensible. It is thoroughly not in keeping with the sort of behaviour expected from the members in their interaction. You reflect on your capabilities before sitting on judgment over others, which of course will receive the same attention as the the dog that barks at the sun receives from the sun. I wonder how you have overlooked the fact that ?digital cable, DTH etc? is a subject covered by the forum and many threads on the subject have already appeared.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back