Enbee is it that good

I love music. From the time I was little child, I grew up with a lot of music around me. From musical instruments to music equipment to the never-ending quest for realistic sound.

My father bought an "early" enbee amplifier and speakers from Mr Nishi Nakra way back in the late sixties and again in the early eighties. This was the music equipment I grew up listening to, at home. I always felt that the enbee sound lacked bass and so forever embarked on the quest to find an amplifier and speakers that could fill the "void". However no matter how many music systems I heard, I felt that the enbee amplifier reproduced the recorded material very well. I also realised the void represented my percieved "lack of bass"

Many years later, after I left India the audiophile in me came across McIntosh, Luxman and Marantz to name a few. After listening to these amplifiers extensively, I realized that an enbee amplifier although not 'Legendary sounding' like a McIntosh - for India and our market and the available components was simply too good. I then remembered my father telling me that on the many visits he made to the enbee store, used to speak to Mr. Nakra and regarded him as a leading authority on the subject of sound amplification and especially on the methods used to reproduce the recorded material exactly.

I still miss listening to my enbee amplifier - I hope to get my hands on one someday !!!

Hi
I'm new to this site and am really desperate!!
I've had an Enbee ZX 80 amplifier for the last 22 years and it's just died on me.
I gave it to a guy recommended to me by friends ( I live in Pondicherry) and he fiddled with it and returned it but it worked precisely 30 seconds till a loud humming noise started coming from one speaker. I took it back to the repair guy and he sat on it for a couple of weeks.

Picked it up again yesterday and he says he's changed the transistors but has no way of knowing the specs of the original transistors as the print on them is faded. He sounded pretty sure that it would blow up again and told me I should play it only at low volumes.

1. I'm now terrified of turning it on
2. I can't listen to music at low volumes
3.I'm slowly going into a depression

Does anyone here know which transistors this amp uses?? (I'm not ready to scrap it as I haven't heard anything yet that could replace it) or could someone suggest a place in Chennai who would be able to repair it for me

HELP!!!!!!!

Dear Kamal,

I was wondering if you can help me. I own an enbee preamp 775, amp 1105 and equalizer 7105 + enbee speakers. While moving house i disconnected all three and now i am unable to get the connections right, so i am unable to use it. I lost the photocopies which showed how to connect the three together.. through which i normally used to connect them. regards

Had heard so good about Enbee and Mr Nishi Nakra that it was an effort getting its contact details. As the word is around that they are legend and best around. But my experience of listening to there 100w RMS amp and same wattage speakers was not that good. I may not know what exactly a correct sound is ,as I am kind of a person who loves thump and hard hitting bass in music, which I found missing completely in Enbee systems. I was told listening to Enbee is a pleasure and a new experience . I listened to Funky Shit ? Prodigy and it felt like speakers were choked and thump was not there at all, felt like sound was coming from an old radio. For a change I tried Father Figure ? George Micheal. Clarity was missing and wished the system should stop playing it. I am not a pro but I found Enbee a waste. Then I tried Lajpat Rai based Birco speakers 15?? 100W RMS and their amplifier and that system produced sound I was looking for. Bass and loudness are too good. One can really feel bass in the floor when Playing Songs like Funky shit. Even songs like Only Time ?Enya , Gazab Ka Hai Din ? QSQT sound so different and you feel like listening to them again and again on the system. So those into Rave, House , Electronica kind of Music can try Birco in Lajpat Rai Market and literally feel the difference with other hyped Legendary Systems.
Hi,
What can we say? I drive my Jamo C406 with Enbee and it is as good as any other, including Marants PM80. Could be that the Amp needs a look in. Happy listening!

Hi
I'm new to this site and am really desperate!!
I've had an Enbee ZX 80 amplifier for the last 22 years and it's just died on me.
I gave it to a guy recommended to me by friends ( I live in Pondicherry) and he fiddled with it and returned it but it worked precisely 30 seconds till a loud humming noise started coming from one speaker. I took it back to the repair guy and he sat on it for a couple of weeks.

Picked it up again yesterday and he says he's changed the transistors but has no way of knowing the specs of the original transistors as the print on them is faded. He sounded pretty sure that it would blow up again and told me I should play it only at low volumes.

1. I'm now terrified of turning it on
2. I can't listen to music at low volumes
3.I'm slowly going into a depression

Does anyone here know which transistors this amp uses?? (I'm not ready to scrap it as I haven't heard anything yet that could replace it) or could someone suggest a place in Chennai who would be able to repair it for me

HELP!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG20231225143916.jpg
    IMG20231225143916.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 13
Dear Kamal,

I was wondering if you can help me. I own an enbee preamp 775, amp 1105 and equalizer 7105 + enbee speakers. While moving house i disconnected all three and now i am unable to get the connections right, so i am unable to use it. I lost the photocopies which showed how to connect the three together.. through which i normally used to connect them. regards
i might have a copy if interested :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back