Energy bookshelf speakers for yamaha 571

manniraj

Hi

I have the Energy RC-Micro 5.0 set of speakers and the receiver is Yamaha 571 with Jamo Sub200. Now this combination is very good for movies. The small satellite speakers just sound awesome when played for movies but not for 2 channel music. So I was contemplating to get these speakers from US. My parents would be returning back in Sept so thought of asking them to bring. The total weight as per the site is around 28 lbs which is kind of ok and they might not be in a position to accommodate more weight than this.

How good would these bookshelfs will sound with my receiver for music and movies. I wanted to go with Energy as my center channel is still Energy and it is very good for movies. So planning to continue with the same and use the existing L/R energy micro as 6th and 7th surround sounds. Also in consideration are the CB-10/20 models.

Thanks in advance..

One more clarification regarding the weight of the RC-10 speakers..

I can see from the vanns.com site the total weight of the speakers (each) as 27.15lb but the same is listed as 30lb shipping weight in the amazon.com site. So getting confused as both the sites list them as a pair so shipping weight should be for a pair. If it is indeed around 30lb per speaker then my parents will kill me :sad:

Thanks

RC10 are fantastic bookshelves. Very sweet sounding. Has lot of base and smooth highs. Matches well with almost any amp. Only because the series is discontinued, these are available at a steal price. Yes the packed weight will be 30 lbs for a pair.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
highly recommend RC10's. I have heard the CB series too.. the RC is much better.. very sweet and nicely finished. whats your room size btw ?

rgds,
mpw

highly recommend RC10's. I have heard the CB series too.. the RC is much better.. very sweet and nicely finished. whats your room size btw ?

rgds,
mpw

My room size will be around 12x15ft appx. My listening/viewing distance will be 8 to 10 ft mx from the TV/receiver. I have read the reviews from soundstage it seems they are one of the best sounding speakers and should go good in my living room. As I liked the energy rc-micro would be keeping the center channel as is and move the L/R to my extra surround speakers. This way I am thinking of making it as 7.1 channel and still enjoy the 2 channel music. Now I need to start pulling my elder brother to get me those speakers and send it along with my parents ;).

Thanks

Last edited:
Like many others have said, the RC10 is a better speaker than CB10 and they are comparable in the drivers etc. The build of RC10 is better though. However if you can manage a CB20, they would better both these. Anyway, its your pick.

Re: the weight. Shipping weight means including the packaging and boxes. So it will be 1.5 kgs more and bulkier too.

Like many others have said, the RC10 is a better speaker than CB10 and they are comparable in the drivers etc. The build of RC10 is better though. However if you can manage a CB20, they would better both these. Anyway, its your pick.

Re: the weight. Shipping weight means including the packaging and boxes. So it will be 1.5 kgs more and bulkier too.

Yes I knew that the shipping weight is the actual weight of item with packing etc., but was confused as vanns.com said it is 27lb for each and amazon says 30lb for shipping. So I think vanns.com site does not list the weight correctly. Also I went thru the cb-20 speakers they are 3lb lesser weight with a bigger woofer but almost the same price as rc-10. Do you mean to say CB-20 will be better than RC-10 for both music and movies.

Thanks

... Do you mean to say CB-20 will be better than RC-10 for both music and movies.

Thanks

Yes, thats exactly right. If you stuck to only music then the RC-10 would do well. However they are not so good with movies. I suggested the CB20 so you sacrifice less overall and they perform well with movies and music.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back