Energy RC Micro 5.1 + Pioneer 1021k Receiver - US bought usage in india

prad470

Hi
I am new to this forum and i have recently bought Energy Micro RC 5.1 and Pioneer 1021K Receiver from US.
Based on the threads in this forum, I believe, I would need a 1500 KVA isolation transformer. Can this power both the sub and the AVR?

There are also some limited threads on avoiding the transformers altogether?
Has anyone got this done in Bangalore? If so, is it reliable and how much do they charge? Else, please suggest me the shops and approximate for buying the isolation transformer in bangalore? What else do I need to buy - Stabilizer, surge protector e.t.c?

Thanks in Advance.

1.5KVA transformer is enough for running the sub and avr. Some devices can be made to run in 220v by changing a jumper inside them. Not sure if any such option is available in these sub and avr. Better leave it as such and use the step down transformer.

1.5KVA transformer is enough for running the sub and avr. Some devices can be made to run in 220v by changing a jumper inside them. Not sure if any such option is available in these sub and avr. Better leave it as such and use the step down transformer.

Thanks a lot for your response. Do I need to buy the isolation type step down transformer or the auto one? Any brands and approximate price? Do I need to buy stabilizer and surge protector as well? Any specific shops in bangalore and brands would be of great help.

Isolation ones are usually expensive.

Maxine is a good brand used by many forum members. Don't know about pricing.

A stabilizer is for correcting the voltage only. Surge protector is recommended to filter out high voltage transients. Belkin has different models.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back