Energy Take Classic vs Klipsch quintet?

kfloamy1

Moving at the end of the month and looking to add surround sound to my living room without spending just a ton of money. Picked up the Klipsch Quintet at Best Buy last night for $274 along with a Polk SW108 Sub and a Yamaha v377 receiver.

After doing some reading, I'm wondering if I'd be better to buy the Energy Take Classics ad return the Klipsch...some people are complaining they are too "bright."

Does anyone have experience with these speakers? Thoughts for a noob?

Thanks!

Hello Kfloamy1,

Its general thought that Klissch are bit Bright due to the Horn Tweeter been Loaded, Also the Yamaha also Bit Bright Side. But they Might suits if you use them for Movies major and Minimal for Music. Generally Rock and Jazz are best in Horn loaded speakers (MY personal thoughts).

If you have option to try the combo first(Unpack the Speakers), feel the first impression then can exchange then DO try that. Else try to exchange the AVR to Denon, since you have Polk which matches well with Denon.

Hello Kfloamy1,

Its general thought that Klissch are bit Bright due to the Horn Tweeter been Loaded, Also the Yamaha also Bit Bright Side. But they Might suits if you use them for Movies major and Minimal for Music. Generally Rock and Jazz are best in Horn loaded speakers (MY personal thoughts).

If you have option to try the combo first(Unpack the Speakers), feel the first impression then can exchange then DO try that. Else try to exchange the AVR to Denon, since you have Polk which matches well with Denon.

Hi,
I am thinking of going in for the Klipsch Quintet to hook up with my aged H/K AVR3500 which is rated at 40W per channel at 0.07%THD, 8 ohms. I am looking at the high sensitivity of the Quintet 91dB for the fronts and 94dB for the Center. For the Sub Woofer may be the Polk Audio DSW PRO 660. Is this a good choice or ..? I would welcome any suggestions. also where could one buy Klipsch speakers in kochi or Chennai?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back