enjoying 5.1 only with coaxial or optical output only

dear member
kindly help me out in the query for the audio 5.1 played through my computer only by optical or coaxial mode not by the sound card
my motherboard is dual core enable

The question is not clear. I assume you are looking for 5.1 through optical/coaxial out. Does the motherboard feature any digital output? To get 5.1, in the media player settings enable passthrough of Dolby and DTS. Setting passthrough is very easy in XBMC. For other players refer the settings.

Yes baiju, I m looking for 5.1 out through digital coaxial or optical out. But my mother board dont have spdif header and I dont want to go for an expensive 5.1 sound card. Any suggestion plese. And sorry for the as matter of my question is not clear as it was typed by my friend who is also looking for same solution

Last edited:
Does this Asus sound card (as per url link given by you) compatible with all type of mother board ? I dont want to take risk of any type as this card is not avaialable in here Karnal and I have to confirm my order first.

I had a query on something similar, so thought of asking in this thread instead of starting a new one.

I play audio cd's, flac's & mp3's on my PC and listen to them through Onkyo receiver connected via HDMI using nVidia High Definition Audio on Asus GTX 560TI graphics card.

My question is...
Will the music be better or improved if I connected an Optical Cable from the SPDIF header on the motherboard to the receiver? (I will require a minimum of 5 meters, optical cable.)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back