Help: Soundbar breaking issue

pra300

Hello all,

I have this issue which is It's getting on my nerves! The audio breaks randomly - it plays fine, but after 5-10mins, sometimes after 20+mins or even 40+mins it would start breaking. Here is what I mean

Normal audio
https://sndup.net/n69y/
Breaking Sound issue
http://sndup.net/njnk

It happens while watching movies on OTT platforms. If I restart app, or change audio language or change audio mode (2.1 to 5.1 or vice versa) it plays fine but after random time it comes back.
My setup -
Hisense 4K TV A6H connected via ARC to Soundbar
MOTOROLA AmphisoundX Vibe Dolby Digital with wireless Subwoofer 250 W

What I tried so far:
- Changing audio output mode to Auto, Pass through, PCM, DD, DD+ in TV settings
- Checked with multiple HDMI cables 2.0, 2.0b (bluerigger)
- Older Zebronics soundbar working fine on same TV through ARC mode
- Placing speakers away from TV, no other components connected to TV

Yet the issue persists irrespective of settings or cables.

Struggling with warranty support from several weeks with Flipkart (product is by Flipkart, they got some licensing to use Motorola's brand name). Warranty services are through Jeeves - their technicians close service requests themselves without visiting and they report to Flipkart that issue is resolved...

Any directions what I could try and fix the issue?

Welcome to the forum!

This could be a network issue. What router are you using?
Are you using a wired connection or is it wifi? Cable connection will help.
But if you are using wifi then you may need to upgrade your router.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum!

This could be a network issue. What router are you using?
Are you using a wired connection or is it wifi? Cable connection will help.
But if you are using wifi then you may need to upgrade your router.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the welcome.
Yes TV is connected through wifi.
I got 300mbps single band router, and 100mbps connection speed which is always stable. I get about 85mbps speed on tv when I ran speedtest.

I think connection speed is enough. I will see if I can arrange longer ethernet cable to try wired mode. But, previous soundbar didnt have this issue on same setup

Hello all,

I have this issue which is It's getting on my nerves! The audio breaks randomly - it plays fine, but after 5-10mins, sometimes after 20+mins or even 40+mins it would start breaking. Here is what I mean

Normal audio
https://sndup.net/n69y/
Breaking Sound issue
http://sndup.net/njnk

It happens while watching movies on OTT platforms. If I restart app, or change audio language or change audio mode (2.1 to 5.1 or vice versa) it plays fine but after random time it comes back.
My setup -
Hisense 4K TV A6H connected via ARC to Soundbar
MOTOROLA AmphisoundX Vibe Dolby Digital with wireless Subwoofer 250 W

What I tried so far:
- Changing audio output mode to Auto, Pass through, PCM, DD, DD+ in TV settings
- Checked with multiple HDMI cables 2.0, 2.0b (bluerigger)
- Older Zebronics soundbar working fine on same TV through ARC mode
- Placing speakers away from TV, no other components connected to TV

Yet the issue persists irrespective of settings or cables.

Struggling with warranty support from several weeks with Flipkart (product is by Flipkart, they got some licensing to use Motorola's brand name). Warranty services are through Jeeves - their technicians close service requests themselves without visiting and they report to Flipkart that issue is resolved...

Any directions what I could try and fix the issue?
Try connecting tv to sound bar using optical cable.

Assume this product is relatively new and you can claim for repair, replacement or a return.
Could be a product defect thats beyond the knowledge and capability of the Engineers to fix.
Claim warranty and move on is all I can say. Don't break your head over this.

Try connecting tv to sound bar using optical cable.
Tried it recently, working fine in initial testing. Yet to use for prolonged period of time. But the quality through optical is noticeably inferior - lacks detail and sound bit muddy. I don't plan to use optical and will probably get it serviced.

Assume this product is relatively new and you can claim for repair, replacement or a return.
Could be a product defect thats beyond the knowledge and capability of the Engineers to fix.
Claim warranty and move on is all I can say. Don't break your head over this.
Yes its new, I was just 1 day late before I could raise replacement request! I did not use product extensively enough during initial phase. It all sounded fine.
I raised warranty claim but no support from brand yet, their 3rd party provider Jeeves are closing requests by reporting wrong updates like resolved, customer not responding, customer re-scheduling blah blah.
I have to keep raising new requests... and now here is another delay tactic - their system encountered some technical glitch!
I'll persist and push them, until I lose my patience and go with legal route.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 2
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back