Entry level 32" LCD

rayban

Dear denizens of HFV,

I have trawled through the archives as much as I could, but still have a few questions about an entry level LCD. I need it for my father in-law, who being retired, is an avid TV watcher.

Key requirements:

1. Quality/reliability - the TV must not break down or have problems of any kind. He is an old man living alone, so will not be able to run around to get it fixed.
2. Service - for the same reason as above, if there IS a problem, it should be fixed without hassle.
3. SD picture quality - his main usage will be watching TV and occasional DVDs. While he plans to get Tata Sky HD, the channels he watches most are currently SD.
4. USB video playback - as a tech savvy Thatha he occasionally gets (SD) content on pen drives that he would prefer playing back on the TV rather than the laptop.
5. Price - given his usage we don't need a full HD TV and would like to limit the price to under 25K.

Please suggest a 32-incher that meets the above requirements. The Toshiba 32AV800E is available at a great bargain right now (even though it doesn't have a USB port), but I am unsure of its quality and service network. The LG 32LK311 also sounded good. Any feedback on these models, or any models I should consider from Sony/Samsung?

Thanks!

buy the Toshiba and with the money saved you can buy a dvd player with usb (comes in very cheap these days, incase if u dont have it)

+1 to denzong's suggestion.

I am also using a Toshiba 32RV600E with a Asus O! Play Mini to play my movies.

Wonderful combination, I am thinking of buying another pair soon.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back