Entry Level HTib - Onkyo HT-S3800 vs Yamaha YHT-1840 vs Pioneer HTP-074

I am also looking for a HT system .. Budget around 35K in Delhi..
Please suggest any good dealer in Delhi..
Yamaha AVR, .. Speakers can be assembled..
Went to see YHT 1870 available at Reliance Digital...some friends had gone to US.. Sent details of YHT 4930 and 4950 . Cost is $459 and $479 + taxes.... Does anyone know the formalities for customs and how much is chargeable? Or should I refrain from buying from US at all..
Please suggest..

Last edited:
I am also looking for a HT system .. Budget around 35K in Delhi..
Please suggest any good dealer in Delhi..
Yamaha AVR, .. Speakers can be assembled..
Went to see YHT 1870 available at Reliance Digital...some friends had gone to US.. Sent details of YHT 4930 and 4950 . Cost is $459 and $479 + taxes.... Does anyone know the formalities for customs and how much is chargeable? Or should I refrain from buying from US at all..
Please suggest..
As discussed in many forums here, the main challenge of getting goods from US will be the unpredictable customs, you may or may not get away paying much. Also if the package is big and eye catching you will be attracting attention from customs. Secondly, you should note the power standards of US and India, 110 vs 220v. Thirdly, warranty coverage. If you can risk all these, you can go ahead. But, You can get good deals here if you are able to dig deep and research. All the best.

As discussed in many forums here, the main challenge of getting goods from US will be the unpredictable customs, you may or may not get away paying much. Also if the package is big and eye catching you will be attracting attention from customs. Secondly, you should note the power standards of US and India, 110 vs 220v. Thirdly, warranty coverage. If you can risk all these, you can go ahead. But, You can get good deals here if you are able to dig deep and research. All the best.

@Srinivasa Rao , thank you for the input. I have now purchased YHT 3072. I will check how it performs. I will try to upgrade the speakers later

Hello experts
I am new to this forum I am planning to buy a HTib and my budget is under 50k I have Chosen three models
1. Onkyo S3910
2. Pioneer htp-076
3. Yamaha yht 3072
Onkyo and pioneer have Dolby atmos features and Yamaha has Dolby digital feature
I googled it and couldn't find any reviews regarding it and also confused with which company to go for and which company product will be good with no issue
Kindly help me......

Hello experts
I am new to this forum I am planning to buy a HTib and my budget is under 50k I have Chosen three models
1. Onkyo S3910
2. Pioneer htp-076
3. Yamaha yht 3072
Onkyo and pioneer have Dolby atmos features and Yamaha has Dolby digital feature
I googled it and couldn't find any reviews regarding it and also confused with which company to go for and which company product will be good with no issue
Kindly help me......

interested as well ...

Hello Guys,

I finally bought a HT setup. Yamaha HTR-3067 + JBL cinema 510 speaker set. Price = 34.5k

I just finished watching a movie in that and the experience is pretty good. Very clear sound and bass is more than I want.

Guy who came for installation had not calibrated the system. I am not getting enough volume from the surround/rear speakers. I increased the level for those two speakers in settings, but still no improvement.

Please give me some pointers to learn how to calibrate the system. I want to learn more about the audio and acoustics. Please advise.
That is a good deal.. even today!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back