Entry Level Music Setup

Both are equally good with minor differences. Norge tends to be open, whereas Marantz tends to be restrained. Equalisers kept neutral, or in the direct mode, norge has more bass. But using the loudness button, Marantz has room shattering bass, which I do not like. For more bass I prefer to use the bass knob. I would suggest Norge over Marantz. One can attain the restrained Marantz sound in Norge by adjusting equalisers. But if one wants the looks, remote and other features of Marantz, then it has to be Marantz.
As per the specs Norge provides 92 wpc as against 45 wpc by marantz @8 ohms that means norge should be better for Pioneer SP52FS (sensitivity 87 db) ?

Norge 2060 was really good. I had to sell to save some space. But good memories on music quality with BA26 (which also I sold). By the way, is there any cheap stereo amp that can also give sub out ? I have 2 satellites lying around with sub. None of these mentioned amps seem to have a sub out.
Cambridge Audio Topaz SR-10 has SubOut.

Norge 2060 was really good. I had to sell to save some space. But good memories on music quality with BA26 (which also I sold). By the way, is there any cheap stereo amp that can also give sub out ? I have 2 satellites lying around with sub. None of these mentioned amps seem to have a sub out.
What sat/sub is this? Does the sub have speaker level input/output

Hi Naturelover, this is just a Denon HTIB speaker and Denon HTIB sub. It has LFE in only , no speaker terminal or RCA type of input like other major subs.

As per the specs Norge provides 92 wpc as against 45 wpc by marantz @8 ohms that means norge should be better for Pioneer SP52FS (sensitivity 87 db) ?
Marantz 45 wpc @ 8 ohms is for the entire frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 KHz, whereas Norge 1000 Gold's 92 wpc @ 8 ohms is for only 1 KHz. For the entire frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 KHz, Norge 1000 will provide about 60 wpc @ 8 ohms. Norge 1000 can drive floor standers with ease. Even Marantz PM 6000 series can drive FS, but preferably if one does not listen at very loud levels or if the sensitivity of speakers is around 89 db.

Marantz 45 wpc @ 8 ohms is for the entire frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 KHz, whereas Norge 1000 Gold's 92 wpc @ 8 ohms is for only 1 KHz. For the entire frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 KHz, Norge 1000 will provide about 60 wpc @ 8 ohms. Norge 1000 can drive floor standers with ease. Even Marantz PM 6000 series can drive FS, but preferably if one does not listen at very loud levels or if the sensitivity of speakers is around 89 db.
Just curious to know, why the Marantz 5005 price is two times more compare to Norge amps. Is this because of the components used is more quality than norge.
Norge , Marantz, NAD, Rotel - If you take all these amps , the prices differences are more. So my assumption better quality components make the price heavier.

Just curious to know, why the Marantz 5005 price is two times more compare to Norge amps. Is this because of the components used is more quality than norge.
Norge , Marantz, NAD, Rotel - If you take all these amps , the prices differences are more. So my assumption better quality components make the price heavier.

Several factors - brand value, advertisement/promotion cost, aesthetics cost, component values, packaging, accessories (like remote, etc.) and may be most important continuous development/improvement cost, etc. add up to the price that we pay for a product.
But try to consider the 3rd party expenses & benefits (i.e., transportation, dealer profits, etc.) as well before it gets delivered to us.

I wonder what would PM5005 cost if intermediate expenses are taken off, like you are getting a product directly from manufacturer, may be close to norge amplifier!

recently i have audition norge 2060 and Marantz amps with Dali zensor 1. I do not find any difference is overall sound quality.
When i was asking the same query about the price difference to the dealer, He said, the quality of components are used in Marantz is the reason for the price difference.
He also said that, if you are having the budget of Marantz - go with 5005 instead of Norge.
But to my ears , Both amps are same SQ with Dali.

recently i have audition norge 2060 and Marantz amps with Dali zensor 1. I do not find any difference is overall sound quality.
When i was asking the same query about the price difference to the dealer, He said, the quality of components are used in Marantz is the reason for the price difference.
He also said that, if you are having the budget of Marantz - go with 5005 instead of Norge.
Dealer will have more profit margin from Marantz, so ................

This is good to know that you did not feel any differentials between Norge 2060 & PM5005 w.r.t. sound quality, if both sound similar to your ears then you have sort of uncomplicated everything my friend, but I can only imagine reactions of those who can and always find significant differences in 2 setups like this specially between Indian vs Imported brands.
Good part for you is that you can settle down for less money being spent on amplifier, i guess, and enjoy music. May be what you experienced and enjoyed was music rather than equipment sound.

you have sort of uncomplicated everything my friend, but I can only imagine reactions of those who can and always find significant differences in 2 setups like this specially between Indian vs Imported brands.
"ignorance is bliss " - I do not know any thing about sound signature, technical terms blah blah... So i am happy with only music.
May be people with more technical knowledge knows the deep differences in different components.

3. If you look into the European and American market prices, the currency is no doubt different, but the ultimate price value is more or less the same. Problems are in the Indian market. Recently my friend got a Project Debu Carbon DC turntable from Europe, and converting to Indian currency, it cost him around INR 30,000/-, after refund of tax in the airport of the country in which he purchased the TT. On arrival in India, after including duties, it cost him around INR 45,000/-. But the same TT is being sold in India at a price of INR 60,000/- and more. Now my friend purchased the TT on a price based on MRP, but distributors will not import on prices based on MRP, but at distributor prices, but just see the difference in the ultimate prices.

Not sure why duty would need to be paid when exemption limit is 45K. I was not charged duty on my Bose AM10, Onkyo AVR, Pro ject Debut Carbon DC USB, Elac B6 and a couple of mini amps. Though the stuff was carried by more than 1 person to distribute the value.

Not sure why duty would need to be paid when exemption limit is 45K. I was not charged duty on my Bose AM10, Onkyo AVR, Pro ject Debut Carbon DC USB, Elac B6 and a couple of mini amps. Though the stuff was carried by more than 1 person to distribute the value.
There were other things too and value was exceeding the limit.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back