Exclusive Home Theater - Acoustics & Blinds Help

smthiyagu

hi everyone,

Do help in building a better home AV Room. Attached the floor plan of the Av room, its of 17ft X 11ft size with its RCC ceiling measuring 10ft height.

The room has been laid with AC5 grade wooden floor including elevated level for better viewing of rear occupants.

One side of the room has a large French door measuring 8ft X 7ft with two windows measuring 3.5ft X 6ft and all three made out of teak wood and 8mm thick clear glass which is followed by a private terrace with open to sky pergolas on top, a jula to sit back and relax along with artificial lawn for the flooring.

Things to be done now to make this room more "special"
1. Do I need a sound proofing panel to improve the sound quailty; if so how could it be achieved, any details and ideas

2. How to darkening the room; as almost one side of the room is covered with glass door and windows. please note: i cant remove or block the doors or windows as it would disturb my villas' elevation.

3. Any recommendation for false ceiling height and other needed home theater addons like bass reflect, lighting etc.,

My Equipment List as on date:
1. Projector - benq W1200 (bought from US : running with 1KV step down transformer powered through separate standby 1.4 KVA UPS)

2. Screen: Projected on paint finished wall with Plywood box casing measuring to 120" X 72" in size.

3. Onkyo 3400 -HTIB installed as of now just to fill the room.

4. Bought an Onkyo RC270 receiver with 100 Watts per channel still resting in box. yet to install.

Do recommend me some good speaker packages; my budget in mind is something around 75k

Awaiting many valuable inputs ideas and suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Thiagu

Attachments

• AV Room.jpg
    AV Room.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Thiagu,

Welcome to the world of private home theater.

We are here in queue to help you in building a better home theatre.

Among the good ways to darken the room is to use thick fabric while the lining should be a lot more thicker in black color while fabric can be of usual colors which will suit the decor of your room and indeed the movie environment too.

V.

hi everyone,

Do help in building a better home AV Room.

2. How to darkening the room; as almost one side of the room is covered with glass door and windows. please note: i cant remove or block the doors or windows as it would disturb my villas' elevation.
Thiagu

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back