Experience With Dealers In Mumbai

Your writing on 35k, is shocking, but I must tell you the mother of a shocking, the people at boomerang, offered me a dnp fibre screen 72 inches at 1,75,000/-, and the same screen I bought from an another establishment at 1,45,000/-, and than these people at boomerang, told me that they will charge me 20,000 bucks for acoustic treatment consultancy, so in other words that they have to tell me where and how much glass wool has to be put, and that will be 20,000/- bucks, so with these 2 examples, you can see what people exist on this planet.

I had a very good experience with Boomerang when I was shopping for a CD player. They came all the way down to Pune at my place with 2 brands of CD player and offered me a Home Audition and this is not for any High-end brand but for a CD player in Rs 35K budget!

It is a case of outright miracle, that for a mere 35,000/- budget they came all the way from Mumbai to Pune, which is a three hours drive and the double miracle is that they carried 2 players for home audition.

Within Mumbai, 99% would NEVER give a home demo, and this is all the way to Pune, what is more shocking is that when i asked boomerang for a demo between the dnp screen and fabric based screen, they did not provide, though they had the facility to give the demo, and mind you i am considering to buy a screen which is costing nearly 2 lac bucks, so it is impossible for me to digest that he will give a demo for a 35,000/- bucks item in Pune and not give a demo for 2 lac bucks item in their Mumbai showroom.

I thank you very much for hearing me out.

Last edited:
Hi,

Well sad is a small word, they are more of a shady people, they may have the best to offer, who knows what they are over charging, delivering defective goods, and what not, as they have delivered 2 items to me faulty, and then when replace twice both the times again they bring faulty goods, i buy a dvd rack, which they delivered faulty and i realized later on, they refused to replace, the rack cost is 14,000 bucks, they should deliver for free, they charged me 400 bucks for the taxi, while it should have never been more than 250 bucks, than you know they did not assemble it, it took me more than5 hours to assemble it, is this not a jackal company, and then guess what, till today they have not given me the bill, i chased them more than 30 times, i do not know by which standards they are professional and transparent.

I thank you very much for hearing me out.

Best Regards
Vinay.

This post sounds more like someone who is jealous or has a vendetta. Vinay, I have also bought equipment from them and have not had any similar experiences. While I agree that every salesman is not always on top form, I simply cannot believe that these guys were consistently awful. You seem to pretend to be an intelligent chap, so let me give you some advice - you have a choice. You can choose to completely forego dealers like this, and import the items yourself, be charged the appropriate customs duty and be stuck with an item that cannot be serviced under warranty. You can also choose to buy items from a different product family (or from a different distributor). One of the great tenets of capitalism is that we all have a choice in what to buy. Most of my friends and I have had wonderful experiences at this dealer. From your comments, you seem to appear vindictive and snobby - attributes that you accuse them of possessing. If you want to maintain credibility on this forum, you need to be substantive - how did you try to chase them down to give you a bill? Since you claim that your occupation involves markets and money, you should be familiar with the fact that no bill for an item is a good thing - why pay for something that you can get for free?
Since your grammar seems to be appalling - I find it hard to believe that you do trade in stocks, but hey, I guess that occupation rarely correlates with class.
Of course you have a right to your opinion, but stick to the facts without your own vendetta, I think that the people on this forum are smarter than you think they are. Of course, if you would like to debate further, you are always welcome to contact me, just try to behave yourself.

Are you even the real Vinay Grover? You would not feel too good about having your home theater criticized on purely emotional grounds rather than just facts. So, in your critiques, stick to the facts as you claim you do.

Mr Blingbang,
"Since your grammar seems to be appalling, i find it hard to believe you trade in stocks, but hey, I guess that occupation rarely correlates with class!!!!!!!"

WOW thats a very articulate, classy statement and absolutely apt on an audio forum!!!!!!!!Well i didnt know that class was determined by the occupation one chooses!

As u may have guessed my family have been brokers at the BSE for the last 40 years, and hence such statements are upsetting. SInce u are blessed with great grammar u could have shown some 'class' by respecting a fellow forum member and his views on the subject.

Well as I mentioned earlier i have been dealing with Burge for many years and have always had a pleasant experience but Vinay is sharing his experience which has not been pleasant to say the least.

Anyway very gracious of you to allow him his opinion/view and then ridicule it as fiction, vendetta, and jealousy.

Since this is your first post u could have started by introducing yourself on the forum (the norm) rather u chose the 'classy' option of ridiculing his grammar and questioning his identity!

Last edited:
I do not understand why are you saying I am jealous or has a vendetta, I have just shared my experience with the dealers, I have said in my earlier posts that if I have had a bad experience, that does not necessarily mean that others also should have bad experience with them. In-fact there are many at this forum who have had very bad experience with the dealers, in general no one will like to accuse someone for nothing and than indeed people have shared their good experiences too.

I have in no way said that I am a intelligent chap, all I have said is be careful while dealing with the dealers and related. I am very down to earth and related, I just do not understand why do you find me vindictive and snobby. Moreover please guide me on which grounds are you saying that I should maintain my credibility?

For whatever I have said about the dealers those are the facts, now how do you be substantive? About the bill matter, you are asking me how did I chase them for the bill? I do not know how you do not understand this, I have telephoned them more than 25 times, yet they did not give me the bill.

I am actually wondering why should I be familiar with the fact that no bill for an item is a good thing - why pay for something that you can get for free?. I keep my all records for income tax and other purposes, and how do I get the item free?

I have always said that other members are any day smarter than me, in suggesting the right solutions, and indeed members are smarter, than me that is why they have been much more expressive and detailed about the bad experiences, etc which they have had with the dealers.

I know that importing the stuff has it's own problems, that is why I did not import them, so I have checked the prices with various dealers of a particular model, and have been more careful, with the dealers, after having bad experiences with some of them, I feel it is my obligation to advice the members for what I have experienced.

I do not know what grammar has got to do with the debate, my grammar may not be in order because my education level was less, about you finding hard to believe that I trade in stock markets, now this is a height, please do not say such things, I am a high net worth individual, with large volumes at stock market.

I do not know why are you saying that I do not have a class, if I would have not had a class I would have not made such a good home theatre, on this forum, the members who have put their theatre pictures, I am among the top 3, or maybe among the top 2, I could be wrong indeed.

I request you to please do not fume at me, it is just that i have placed the facts about my experience with the dealers and you have blown your top so much.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Vinay.

Mr Blingbang,
"Since your grammar seems to be appalling, i find it hard to believe you trade in stocks, but hey, I guess that occupation rarely correlates with class!!!!!!!"

WOW thats a very articulate, classy statement and absolutely apt on an audio forum!!!!!!!!Well i didnt know that class was determined by the occupation one chooses!

As u may have guessed my family have been brokers at the BSE for the last 40 years, and hence such statements are upsetting. SInce u are blessed with great grammar u could have shown some 'class' by respecting a fellow forum member and his views on the subject.

Well as I mentioned earlier i have been dealing with Burge for many years and have always had a pleasant experience but Vinay is sharing his experience which has not been pleasant to say the least.

Anyway very gracious of you to allow him his opinion/view and then ridicule it as fiction, vendetta, and jealousy.

Since this is your first post u could have started by introducing yourself on the forum (the norm) rather u chose the 'classy' option of ridiculing his grammar and questioning his identity!

Thank you very much for your writing, i am actually right now in shade of joy tears for defending me.

Vinay.

I could'nt agree more with dinyaar.

Although i dont know Vinay personally, I have read a lot of posts by Vinay and learned a lot from him. He has talked about ``his experience'' and he has every right to do so. Any intelligent buyer will weigh his/her buying options carefully based on all the reviews; positive and/or negative.

Blingbang's statements are in bad taste and personal in nature and I think should be struck off the thread.

@Vinay: Don't even bother explaining yourself!

`I agree to what u said dinyaar.No need for anyone to get so worked up in supporting some a/v dealer and bashing up a fellow forum member.
chandu.

Dinyaar, Grammatically well said, you see the irony there Mr. blang.

Blingblang, Why this over-reaction to a bad experience? Unless Mr Blang you are the dealer himself and want to get a piece of Vinay - even if what Vinay said was untrue (hypothetical Vinay so no need to take offence) a reaction about his occupation and 'class' is outright ridiculous, complete blasphemy. Its about being in a forum where we discuss music and everything that enables it. Would help if you refrain from such slander.

Yes Vinay, please dont bother in explaining yourself.

Dinyaar, Grammatically well said, you see the irony there Mr. blang.

Blingblang, Why this over-reaction to a bad experience? Unless Mr Blang you are the dealer himself and want to get a piece of Vinay - even if what Vinay said was untrue (hypothetical Vinay so no need to take offence) a reaction about his occupation and 'class' is outright ridiculous, complete blasphemy. Its about being in a forum where we discuss music and everything that enables it. Would help if you refrain from such slander.

Yes Vinay, please dont bother in explaining yourself.

Oh forgot to mention, with due respect to the dealer if indeed Mr Blingblang is some arbit person.
I was just hinting at some possibilities, again hypothetical.

Vinay,
Man You have every right to speak your heart out.After all this forum is for people to share their experiences regarding music and hi-fi gear whether good, bad or ugly.And anyways the language we speak on this forum is music so don't give a damn about english ,grammar and stuff.
chandu.

Hi,

Well Well Well what do we have here ! Buddy Blingbang are you in any way related to this dealer (working for him or a relative ) ?? if not then why are "YOU"all jazzed up ?

As with your statements,well that clearly shows your class,Indeed very elegant very classy to "Barge-In" into this forum and post this very classy post for your first post ! Now thats class !

Unfortunately we are not of that class nor wish to be ever !! So if you just stick with Us the "Non Class" people and toddle along it will be just fine !

You gave vinay options now I'll give you some !! please do feel free to find yourself another forum where you'll find your fellow "Class-Acts" or better yet create one with the tag line "Membership only for Class" !

Am a grammar deprived guy so if your "Royal Highness" finds any grammatical errors or typo's please do find in your good heart to forgive !

Now Am sorry if I have been bit harsh or rude (Am usually very sober you all know) but such comments just rise my BP to uncontrollable levels !!

It is not my intention to hurt anybody's feelings but it also equal to send a strong message to people that they better behave !!

Regards.

I am in support of Vinay.
Dinyaar has himself said that he had a very good experience with Bommerang and they are like friends now. But that does not mean no one else can have a bad experience with them.

I am sure Dinyaar will also agree to this

So Mr. Blingbang has no rights to speak such things about Vinay. He is welcome to have healthy debate but he cant get personal with any member.

Hi all,
Absolutely Rikhav, we all have different opinions and thats what makes a forum interesting.
I too dont know Vinay personally but i respect his views and really credit the man for all the effort/time he has put into his HT set up. We all share our experiences/ opinions / views here and obviously there will be some bad experiences.(Am referring specifically to this thread).
But these punches below the belt are not acceptable.
Actually most things now dont bother me so i am a little surprised at reading my reply to Mr Blind Bat ( sorry i think i got the classy name wrong).

I am not that old member of this forum. Nor am i a pro with hi-fi. Still as i have already told you Dinyaar, all the members here are very supportive.

So no one would like someone who gets personal and insults other members.
Enough of off-topic, I think we should all forget Mr. Bling(whatever the name was)

I have asked the moderator to remove the offending post; if you guys do the same, maybe it will get removed and we can focus on better topics..

Actually the moderator has already warned the member. See the yellow on the bottom right of Mr Blingblangs thread.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back