Extended warranty for LED /OLED TV by third party (Bajaj Finance, Reliance Digital)

manivas

I recently bought a Sony KD-55X8500F at Hyderabad. I haven't opted for extended warranty.
Dealer / financier are severely promoting extended warranty as mandatory for TV.
Is extended warranty worth the price ?

No, don't bother. It seems the new mantra is to oversell warranty.

As long as the TV works for the guaranteed 3 years or so, it will last.

More importantly, prices are always coming down and you can go with the latest technology if and when your current TV dies.

I recently bought a Sony KD-55X8500F at Hyderabad. I haven't opted for extended warranty.
Dealer / financier are severely promoting extended warranty as mandatory for TV.
Read the terms and condition properly.
It is clear they are not ready to take a call when there is a panel failure(not physical damage),electrical surges,thunderstrom and which we badly need to take care by them when you opted for ext warranty.
They are so smart on mentioning in the document as those are not covered.i had bad experince in one of those hype( Reputed seller one of above ) and once the problem arises they raised their hand says it is not covered as per policy (terms it is mentioned in the documents).
Its your call and your hard earned money.Get clarified with them before you finalize.
my 2 cents
Talk to them and ask for more details what covers and what not ,make it documented.
Atb

Absolutely, Yes..Peace of mind.. OLED's are already premium models.. Just take a look at the panel failure - what to do thread's and you know it is a pain..

If the TV comes with standard 1 yr warranty, it would be best to secure the TV at-least with manufacturers extended warranty for an other 2 yrs.. Totally 3 yrs..

Link for Sony India - extended warranty and prices - https://www.sony.co.in/support/resources/en_IN/html/Warranty_Information/ExtendedWarranty_SID.html

Get in touch with the nearest sony service center, and they should be able to help you with details..

Back