Eye Strain Samsung LED

rise

How do people on the forum feel about the Samsung LED?

Im about to pick up the 46 and was wondering if there are any TVs you would recommend over this one?

I feel LED should be less fatiguing then lcd. Which presents least eye fatigue and strain LED or Plasma

Thanks

Im about to pick up the 46 and was wondering if there are any TVs you would recommend over this one?

I feel LED should be less fatiguing then lcd. Which presents least eye fatigue and strain LED or Plasma

Thanks

Hi,
It all depends on what are you going to watch? If you are going to use to see Local cable channels............I would say better avoid the LED. It dose'nt server the purpose for non HD contents.

On the other hand if you are going to view 1080p content, then it is a perfect choice. I'm enjoying mine right from the day I bought it.

cheers.

Hi,
It all depends on what are you going to watch? If you are going to use to see Local cable channels............I would say better avoid the LED. It dose'nt server the purpose for non HD contents.

On the other hand if you are going to view 1080p content, then it is a perfect choice. I'm enjoying mine right from the day I bought it.

cheers.

Just curious, but are you not watching SD content (Tata Sky etc.) on your LED? How is the experience for Dish / Tata Sky / Regular DVD?

Asking since even I am considering the LED but would like to have more viewing experience details first hand from guys like you who currently own one. A bit more details, right from connectivity options on the LED to user experience in terms of SD viewing to build quality, speaker / sound quality etc. would help.

Thanks

Watching any TV under decent light conditions shoudl not cause eye strain.

Watching any TV under decent light conditions shoudl not cause eye strain.

I think the OP was wanting to know under 'ideal conditions' (decent light etc.), would the LED score slightly over LCD in terms of eye strain.

In other words, if contrast, brightness, room lighting etc. were set at an 'acceptable levels', would the picture on the LED cause less strain on the eye, than the LCD.

I think the OP was wanting to know under 'ideal conditions' (decent light etc.), would the LED score slightly over LCD in terms of eye strain.

In other words, if contrast, brightness, room lighting etc. were set at an 'acceptable levels', would the picture on the LED cause less strain on the eye, than the LCD.

The OP does not state anything related to lighting conditions or ideal settings. Despite that I would still state that any TV should not cause eye strain if tuned and positioned properly

Just curious, but are you not watching SD content (Tata Sky etc.) on your LED? How is the experience for Dish / Tata Sky / Regular DVD?

Asking since even I am considering the LED but would like to have more viewing experience details first hand from guys like you who currently own one. A bit more details, right from connectivity options on the LED to user experience in terms of SD viewing to build quality, speaker / sound quality etc. would help.

Hi,
Nope dude, I do not use my tv to see non-HD contents, ie. no local cabel and I'm happy to watch those stuffs in my old ONIDA CRT TV. My LED is pruely used only to see 1080p contents, i've about 4-5TB of HD stuffs to watch.......so I utilise my LED to the max. No regular DVD's also........I'm not a fan of UPSCALING. I'm a TRUE HD fan.

About the speakers, the inbuilt speakers is fine for small rooms........but I use my HT setup, so no valuable info on that.
It dose have a usb port which plays .mkv files but not support DTS audio and I use WD's HDTV media player through my AV receiver.

PQ for 1080p is amazing.........I enjoy each and avery moment of my time I spend in fornt of my LED.

I saw SIN CITY 1080p......amazing contrast, saw the complete series of BBC's Planet Earth 1080p.......amazing colors. Saw all of the BLU ray demos from SONY/PANASONIC/PIONEER/SAMSUNG/LG/PHILIPS etc...........it was simply awesome.

All in all it is a good and must have gadget for 1080p contents. And to believe it you must watch it.

And i watch it in complete darkness, (I like it my way).

And any body in bangalore can drop into my place if you need to see a Demo of 1080p. I garantuee you people that you can have the BEST demo for 1080p ever.

cheers.

Last edited:
Hi,

All in all it is a good and must have gadget for 1080p contents. And to believe it you must watch it.

And any body in bangalore can drop into my place if you need to see a Demo of 1080p. I garantuee you people that you can have the BEST demo for 1080p ever.

cheers.

Hello Aneel,
I would like to watch ur setup. I stay @brookefields. What about you?

the LED tv is nothing but a regular lcd with LED backlight.as to the eye fatigue it varies from person to person,some may feel plasma lcd give more eye strain other may feel they are getting eye strain from wathching plasma.

LCD has crt llights that flicker quickly instead of LEDS that stay constant. Therefore it is said that LEDs should be less strain than lcd

Does normal TV content tata sky etc look worse on a led than it would on a plasma or LCD?

Ive noticed the stores only show hd content on Samsung LED

LCD has crt llights that flicker quickly instead of LEDS that stay constant. Therefore it is said that LEDs should be less strain than lcd

Does normal TV content tata sky etc look worse on a led than it would on a plasma or LCD?

Ive noticed the stores only show hd content on Samsung LED

well LCD are a CCFL backlight not a crt.the CCFL flickers so fast that u wan't notice it.LED which may use PWM based regulator may flicker,again if flicker quite fast,that u wan't be able to notice.
TS depends on how good the tvs upscaler and overall image processing is.

Last minute I decided to go for a LG pq70. 50k less, 4inches larger better colors and less eyestrain.

Glad I did so far. All content even tata sky plus is looking great. Blue ray films are looking phenomenal

Highly recommend the LG tv

Last minute I decided to go for a LG pq70. 50k less, 4inches larger better colors and less eyestrain.

Glad I did so far. All content even tata sky plus is looking great. Blue ray films are looking phenomenal

Highly recommend the LG tv

Congrats dude, Welcome to Plasma Club :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back