F&D 2.1 System review

swapnil.s

Hi,

I am looking for a 2.1 audio component to connect with my Xbox 360 for gaming and watching movie. Came across this product F&D A530U

Snapdeal has good ratings for similar model. Anyone in the forum with hands on experience with this brand??

Thanks!
Swapnil

i think given the price/performance ratio A F&D 530 U should be ok as it has FM,USB/SD card input/remote. While online it retails around 3600, i got lower quote of upto 3150 in nehru place in delhi. I think it does not have treble control only bass and volume on the sub woofer. Perhaps the remote might have it but am not sure. The sub output is 20 w but i feel it should have been at least 30 w to do justice to a 6.5 inch speaker . I was also thinking about it but could not get a demo in delhi. Perhaps i have to explore nehru place.

Anyway do hear it if possible. If you donot want FM check this bluetooth F&D speaker with 28W sub in flipkart -F&D W330BT Bluetooth Speaker for 3699. But no remote. Lot of reviews are there for this model in flipkart but do demo befor u buy.

Thanks Guys!

Not sure if I would be able to find a retailer in Hyderabad but I will look for one. I was hoping to pair this system with VU 55 inch LED TV(havent bought yet, another thread in TV section, seeking advice) for Gaming and watching movies/

Last edited:
F&D is good for gaming, movies, etc.

However, if you listen to any music at all then consider Creative. At that budget they are the most musical. I still use my Creative T6160 daily for YT videos, online radio and even the odd music album and/or movie.

In terms of connectivity they are limited... but for a PC based setup they are complete.

F&D have very nice specs, but their PSU sections are pretty unreliable. And to make matters worse, they are Switch mode PSU's, so repairing them is tough, even in warranty.
I and a friend ordered A 520's. both had PSU failure in the first month.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back