Faber vs Kutchina chimneys

Amit dada,,, is there an option to clean the motor inside to resolve omishra-s problem mentioned over this thread?

I have also been suggested this brand oil collector chimneys - auto clean kitchen chimney in kolkata - baffle filter chimneys- high suction chimneys - kitchen chimney in orissa - kitchen chimney in guwahati by local stores.

By the way how much faber charges as AMC,anyone?

In fact I never thought of AMC. It is not required. Only requirement is disciplined and regular cleaning of the baffles, once a week. It will avoid accumulation of oil and stickiness inside. For peace of mind and long trouble free service, please ensure weekly cleaning of the baffles. No AMC is required. Faber is good brand and one will be satisfied with it.

Also if Elektra is not returning call from prospective customer what could be ASS. And frankly in Elektra noise is really more than my tolerance level.

Though there are problems in my Faber, they are not related to quality at least.

Thanks everyone, concluding on Faber. Any idea on the appropriate suction power?

We have now 2 burners in present kitchen that I intend to shift to 3 burners and hence also want to opt for a 90 cm chimney instead of a 60 cm one. Also for my family of 4 people I have been suggested a 1000+ cu m / hr suction capacity. Now my question is that if most of the time only one of the 3 burners will be at operation then will I still require a 1000+ suction capability? OF course I would not like to have a chimney that is underpowered but just testing my logic here. Please suggest

Currently I see the below 1200 suction 90cm chimneys which are somewhat on the lower side of the cost as compared to others

GLASSY 90 LTW SUNZI - Faber at around 22K MRP

TRATTO 90 LTW BF SUNZI - Faber at around 27K MRP

Faber Hood Arco 90 Energy - Buy Online with Best Prices @ Shopping.IndiaTimes.com seems at 17K on this site

Tratto 60 cm has been purchased by one of my close friend for his four burner stove and he is happy.

While purchasing please don't select any touch panel model. They look good and stylish with LEDs/LCDs. But touch panels demand constant voltage power supply for longer life, which generally in India is very difficult to get from SEBs. Or else, one has to put an UPS, which is generally unheard of in any kitchen.

Now, come to suction power. The more the better but it also produces more noise. Below 60 db max is comfortable. But upto 62 db max can also be ok.

Suction power requirement depends mainly on your vent/outlet pipe size (please go for 6" dia), the length and number of bends in the pipe. Take aluminium collapsible 6" dia pipe, they are easy to shape and install. Also the bend does not become sharp 90 degree, rather it gets slightly longer curvature.

Please try to select the shortest possible vent pipe route with preferably single bend. If required, can think of making a hole in the wall just above the chimney and take out the vent pipe through that and release outside.

Also, try to get a chimney with telescopic duct cover (it has two pieces of duct covers, which can be slided and extended right upto top cabinet hood). I have purchased Faber Gyza 60 cm model with telescopic duct cover.

Hope, it helps.

Last edited:
Thanks Amit for the advice. I am still in doubt whether to get the 900 suction range like Gyza you have or the higher ones if most of the time only one burner will be in action and yes can be heavy oily fry

Without peace at home, audiophile can no way enjoy the music. So all this you see is to make some anti-audiophiles at my home happy :)

It is better if the suction is more. So go for anything above 900 atleast.

90 Cm is too big. Unless you have a really big kitchen with almost all 3/4 burners are used to cook simultaneously, I think you don't need one. I think 60cm is good one as normally we don't cook our oily stauff in more than one burner. I have 4 burner stove. I never used all the four even once. Less than 1% time all 3 burners used. Only 10-15%, I think even 2 burners are used. Mostly it is one burner that is being used. Even when the 2nd burner is used it is normally the non-oily stuff being cooked there.

AMC is not required at all. Like someone suggested only ytimely cleaning around 2/3 weeks is good enough to keep your Chimeny going.

Regarding Faber offer, they normally has few offers on few models running at any moment of time. Please look around for more info of newspaper and internet including Faber website.

Anyway happy cooking.

I finally purchased Kaff Opec GX90 today for around 19.5K. Thinking that the service would be better than Faber on dealer's assurance.

However I did miss one important suggestion to avoid touch panel and LCDs :(. But nevertheless the purchase has been made :) let us move forward. Thanks to everyone for the support. I will see if I can post some reviews later.

Hi Everyone,

This is Somantak from Kolkata.
I bought a Kutchina Vogue MS kitchen chimney on 20th Nov 2016 and got the 2 free services without any problem.
Now when its the time for the 3rd and last free service. The service center is trying to convince me to take the AMC service for the said model by saying "If you want to enjoy the lifetime warranty of the motor you have to take the AMC service from authorized service center or else your lifetime warranty will be void, as these chimneys are service oriented appliances".
My question is how does the warranty of a product depend on the AMC service?
The service center is also showing reluctance to provide me the last free service as I refused to take any AMC from them.
Kindly suggest me ASAP what to do as my warranty will end this Nov 19th.

Regards,
Somantak Ghosh

Last edited:
I've been using Vogue SS since 2013. Never have I experienced any issue with the motor or AMC. I do the auto-cleaning and basic cleaning with kerosene every 3-4 months myself. When I feel like getting the fans and the inside cleaned, I just call a local chimney service guy and get it done for 200/-

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back