Please share your experience with Kitchen chimney

I finally bought Kaff Opec GX 90 today with dealer assurance that service wise they are better than Faber. It has 1180 suction and LED lights. Came to around 19.5K. Will post reviews after a few days of usage.

I have faber Chimney last 6 years! Now it started stopping by overheating and restart again after some time. AMC sucks as they are reluctant to open main motor unit.

BTW my R&D showed Electra is good chimney and newest different technology for oil collection. Units motors are uniquely placed and made. They applied for patient. Its made in India, easy to clean, less power, less noise and efficient. Only problem is you need to avoid putting finger or any object into suction area while working. On my suggestion, my neighbor is using it last 4 years. Suction power is stunning in Electra compared to all imported chimney's.

Link - |||||||| ELEKTRA - home ||||||||
[no affiliation]

Cant find any sellers of Electra on the net. Does anyone know of dealers who deal with this brand, specially in north India?

I think elektra is based out of pune and services maharashtra or at most the adjacent states at the most

bumping dormant thread because I need advice whether to go in for elektra / ecoline chimney or not. Sounds pretty good in theory... but really need feedback from someone who has actual experience.

Iam using sunflame innova with touch screen ..its superb in suction and lowest noisy..no need to clean

Hi All,

I went through the mail chain on Kitchen Chimneys and i am still confused :lol::lol:..

Could any of you please let me know based on your personal experience which chimney and hob will be a best buy?

Requirements:
Less noisy
Easy to clean
Baffle filters
Good customer service

Since I see that you are from Bangalore, try inquiring about Elektra (based in Pune), their approach is indigenous.

I had opted for KAFF Opec GX 90 for Rs. 19,000 because one of the acquaintances was working in that dealer shop and it was kind of a mutual favour :) and also because of the fact that I did not have any nearby Faber dealers who had the models I was looking for , buttons and other controls are simplistic which everyone can use, suction power is also very good, and the same is evident from the lack of oily deposit from nearby areas of the oven and considering that we Bengalis eat very very oily food. Build quality is also very good and does not feel cheap. It has mesh filters which are very very light weight and easy to clean. However from my experience there are two drawbacks, mesh filter with our oily cooking habbit requires you to clean it once a week or else oil will start dripping down, with moderate to less oily cooking it will have to be cleaned every two weeks. Although the cleaning process is very simple, you dip them in soapy water (detergent) and keep like that for 2 hours, repeat the process once again and you are done. The other drawback is the customer service which is outsourced to a franchisee who charges each and every servicing of the chimney even in the first year of purchase.

Since you need baffle filters you can blindly go for faber. I read somewhere that baffle filters can be cleaned the same way but they being thorny requires you to handle them carefully. Otherwise baffles do not need as regular cleaning as mesh and with depositing oil in the filters over time, the efficiency of mesh drops considerably as compared to baffles and hence I clean mesh filter once every week.

To select the right filter first see your budget and then look for the size (60 / 90 cm) and finally for the suction power. Go for fancy ones only after you have ensured on the previous points and know how much additional budget you can spend. Remember that if most of your oily cooking is on a single burner at a time, 1000 suction is good enough. In my case I went for 1200 suction since two burners are in use simultaneously many a time.

Sometime faber gives you combo offer for chimney and cooktop so watch out those too.

Thankyou for the reply :)

Would you be able to tell me if there are any authorized dealers for Electra in bangalore. I am unable to find any.

hello all,
I am planning to buy a chimney..
Very confused with the reviews online. Appreciate if you could provide your inputs.

I saw prestige and sunflame are not good..
Saket, could you share your experience on Sunflame model, as you are using it. .

hello all,
I am planning to buy a chimney..
Very confused with the reviews online. Appreciate if you could provide your inputs.

I saw prestige and sunflame are not good..
Saket, could you share your experience on Sunflame model, as you are using it. .

I am using KAFF, but one word of advice is try to stay away from auto clean models as they sell more of a painted picture of convenience than let you focus on what a chimney should actually do

Faber and kaff both are top brands and provides good services for long period of time. If you are satisfied with the older brand, then repeat it.

I got installed a Sunflame Tulip 60 cooker hood (Aluminum finish, silver ) in my kitchen about 6 months ago. (Suction -1100). It has a curved glass hood & is definitely looks better than than full metal body hoods.

It uses a baffle filter & I had a fair deal as I had to shell a reasonable 12990/- for the set during an offer. Its MRP is 18,990/-. They charged another Rs. 500 for installation & another Rs. 300/- for additional exhaust pipe. You get one flexible exhaust pipe with the set, but due to my kitchen layout, I needed one more for which the cost was Rs. 300/-. It has a 3 speed setting with 2X20W lamps. Its pretty effective and cleaning of the filter is easy. Although, We clean the filter by simply putting it in the dishwasher (we are a bunch of lazy folks!:D) but it can easily be handwashed as well. Keeping it soaked in water will make things easier I guess.
Although, may be no match for Faber, but does its job pretty well & there is no maintenance/ cleaning costs involved. You can have a look at it here:Sunflame Cooker Hood Chimney-TULIP 60 SS BF-Baffle Filter-Sunflame Ind Warranty | eBay

I think some other seller on ebay is offering it around 13K too. check the prices.

Regards,
Saket

Hi saket..
I heard that we don't get ant warranty or guarantee from SUNFLAME if we purchase products through on-line. I have seen in an SUNFLAME newspaper ad. Even though i am intrested with Sunflame Venza 60 Chimney 1100m/s Suction Power SS (Stainless Steel), i am little bit confused about this. I just want to know whether its true. Please suggest me.

I hate AMCs.

Is there a chimney with DIY maintanance for oily cooking ?

My kitchen has a window, if it matters. Or a good old exhaust fan would do the trick.

I hate AMCs.

Is there a chimney with DIY maintanance for oily cooking ?

My kitchen has a window, if it matters. Or a good old exhaust fan would do the trick.

Almost all chimneys can be cleaned by yourself.

Mesh filters are easier to remove, very easy to clean, compared to baffle as the oil/grease gets trapped inside the sides and are very hard to clean.

Avoid the glass containing chimneys as they serve no purpose other than adding up your purchase cost.

Suction capacity of 1000 m3/hr is sufficient for most indian kitchens

CATA is good.

hi Guys,

I need help with understanding something..

i used to use a Straight Line Chimney earlier.. (looks like a slab.. rectangle )
but now most of the 1000m3/hr chimneys are Hood Chimneys (looks like a pyramid kinda..) which are definately quite bigger ..

i wanted to know.. if a hood chimney would fit in place of a straight line chimney.. as the hole in the wall for exhaust was made only for straight.
if i assume correctly the motor hole for hood chimey is higher.. and so the entire chimney would sit lower to accomodate the exhaust outlet ..??

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back