"Nigerian Princes" scam now in home theaters? Weird experience with Indiamart

arnprasad

Have been searching for AV Receiver bargain deals and since results from Indiamart are always part of the search results if I use a different country VPN, I invariably click on it just to check the price. I landed one such page on Indiamart where AV receivers were listed at mouth watering prices - almost on par with US or even less. Just got curious and thought why not drop a query just to check out the genuineness and I got a whatsapp message. I told them to call and they said they speak only English. I thought this was a Tamil guy and hence I told him to go ahead and call.

Surprise surprise, an African gentleman called. I asked him how his prices were so ridiculously low and he said the company is a Bangladeshi one with an office in Coimbatore and they buy in bulk and hence these low prices. Nothing wrong in his explanation except the African accent.

If any of you want to check out the genuineness or want to have some fun talking to him or who knows, maybe he is selling genuinely at rock bottom prices.....here are the details:

V S Enterprises
Warehouse address: N.22A, 1st Floor, 5th Street, Pai Nagar, Ambattur, Tamilnadu. He even texted GST number 33ADUPV1293R1ZF. Phone number is 8097883667 and he called me on Whatsapp.

While I was typing the GST number here..I googled it..got the actual website of this company and called him..they are apparently in import and export of spices!!!

I think this may have been the Indiamart page

Last edited:
Please do not get involved with any of these suspicious sellers.
When the prices are too good to be true please take it as a red flag.

Deal only with official distributor and if any dealers are in the picture please get their credentials verified.

Isn't it obvious that when it shows business of spices & trying to sell electronjcs that it's a scam.

It has happened with one of my relatives where their gst number, business name and address were used to scam others

That address is wrong. There is no place as 'Pai' nagar in Ambattur.
And is there Ambattur in other than Chennai??? This guy's office is in Kovai!!

Most of the times when I click Indiamart links in my office laptop running Symantec or my personal laptop running Norton I get a RED message - Dangerous!!!

I saw a mouth watering - rather filling mouth with gulab jamun syrup offer for the best World Band Radio currently - Sangean ATS 909X2 - 98% discount on Amazon.ae. Original price is $300!!. Though I have a ATS 909 and Sony 7600GR that are in the same league just used my grift card credit to test it - . If I didn't get it I'd ask Amazon for refund. Now the radio is not delivered and so many have raised complaints - laptops and other items not delivered!!! Amazon also have such vendors!!

No.. I meant the VS Enterprises guy maybe genuine who does deal in Spices. Seems the Nigerians have copied addresses and GST numbers from where ever and some how get our contact when we query or may be they have created few pages on Indiamart. I sent him a message on whatsapp asking him how I transfer money and he never got back :)

I had the same experience when i enquired for Oppo 203 in indiamart, the seller messaged me in watsapp and asked my how many units i need... I said 10 and they immediately replied that they have 10 sealed units ready :) :) .. When i asked them to call they said they can speak only in watsapp. Later when i told them I will pay cash and collect the player they stopped responding...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back